Catless in n.c. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Catless in n.c.

Anybody delete there cats in N.C. ? What hoops are you going thru each year on inspection?Hate to put cats and flash another tune to have the rear 02's on every year.I am thinking a good shop may be able to pass,but not to sure on NC inspection system.I know no sniffer test.i can check wid some customers next week to find out but hoped somebody from NC can tell me now. Thanks!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
As long as your CEL is not on you should be fine. If you fail for something you pay for your inspection then and then you have 30 days to correct the issue.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Catless in n.c.

Well I dont think I will have CEL on with the tune, but, will nc system detect the rears off is more like what I suspect.Thanks....I ask fastlane or one of my customers if nobody post more on this.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
I highly doubt it will look into it that far. Please post what you find out.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I do NC inspections and if the person does the inspection by the book then your car will fail. The rear o2 sensor is only there to monitor catalyst efficiency so by removing the cat it's going to see the same thing as the pre cat o2 sensor and throw a catalyst deficiency code which will turn on your CEL. I know tunes can cancel that out to fool the computer but if the inspector does it by the book and does the undercar inspection and sees no CATS then it's an automatic fail even if your MIL light is not on I know most don't check under the car but you never know your guy might
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Used to live in Phx. I know they look under the vehicle during inspections. They could be border patrol agents looking for contraband. They are very through in Az. NC could be different but I doubt it.
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Catless in n.c.

I am a tool man and got tons of guys that will look out the best they can but only what the computer system itself is what I was wondering
Sounds like I will be ok.........My question boils down to "if you got a guy who knows and will look out for ya will the computer catch it or can he still get it to pass".
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
I am a tool man and got tons of guys that will look out the best they can but only what the computer system itself is what I was wondering
Sounds like I will be ok.........My question boils down to "if you got a guy who knows and will look out for ya will the computer catch it or can he still get it to pass".
Id keep an extra chunk of cash in your pocket. Say $50 or so might be enough to overlook what's under the car?

You could also take the stock cats and hollow them out if you feel sneaky.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

If the tune just turns the light MIL light off then I think the computer will catch that but if it is fooling the computer by sending it a false voltage then it should pass

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

If your a tool guy and you sell quality scan tools then just hook up a scan tool and go to readiness monitors and if the o2 sensor test are completed and passed then your good the inspection computer won't catch it cause that's all it looks at
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just leave two of the cats on and gut them.
TXzMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT