Coyote is pissing me off, should have bought a ls series :/ - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I seen a yates motor pick up 8hp with amsoil on an engine dyno
I don't put anything else in my baby but AMSOil signature series and ea filters.
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

There is always gonna be a car that will run circles around you. Comparing a stock WS6 from way back to a 2012 5.0 is kind of uhhhh......? If that's the case Then my friend Michele's SN95 pink Pony pushing 1400whp would run circles around any car on this site.....old or new. I look at cars like what they can be not what they are.
I know that. Just making a comment. And my WS6 want stock. (full exhaust, CAI, weight reduction, wheels) and I know. Lots of cars could whip me. I'm almost stock.
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I always use mobil 1 oil and filters
Changed at 1k miles
Changed at 3k miles

the 5.0 sure is fun! I always get thumbs ups from muscle car guys and other stangs.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
I always use mobil 1 oil and filters
Changed at 1k miles
Changed at 3k miles

the 5.0 sure is fun! I always get thumbs ups from muscle car guys and other stangs.
I used to use mobil1, but I've switched to true synthetic oils only.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ams oil ftw
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
Ams oil ftw
Yup.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Coyote is pissing me off, should have bought a ls series :/

The #8 issue is blown way out of proportion.Look how many of these cars that are out there.I bet the cars with 8 issues were low on oil w/o knowing too.It happen to a guy who was 100% stock too.I dont buy into all the hype.I am tuned and gonna stay.... love it and do not plan on going back.I too can not afford a failure but i am not gonna worry.Just enjoying it.You gotta keep a close eye on the oil the first 5 to 12 thousand in my opinion.I have 7600 and has all but stopped.Just walked in from a 300 mile round trip so I will check.Gonna change oil this week and send a sample to blackstone.To me thats like a doctor drawing bloodwork and orders a CBC test and etc. I have a rattle on start up I been chasing for months.My alarm side of me says it could be motor but its something else I think.Gonna chase it with mechanics stethscope next week.Only last 10 to 30 seconds so not much time to find.Could be exhaust related but have not found it or a heat shield that could.Anyway...You have a solid car.Enjoy.The 5.0 is tough.Just got to be watchful.I love it and have had LS motors and yes the are good but have seen plenty of problems and premature wear on internals with them too.Its just the way it is.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm not gonna lie the LS series is a good set of engines, my step dad had a sweet GTO but the new mustangs provide a superior package over the camaro I believe

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #44

Region: Florida

My 5.0 is too new to give any honest opinion either way. I do pray that i have zero issues with it over time. All performance cars should and need to be looked after and checked a lot more often than some commuter four banger. So if it means checking a dipstick every 500 miles or so, no biggie. I would have to say that just about every new and not so new series of engines has their own little quirks about them. Some have it worse than others but its something we as consumers of these great American cars need to just accept. Id rather overlook the fact t hat my car might burn a little oil and know i drive an American icon that has a "bad boy" persona than think some Civiv is competition for us(stock for stock..i know theres fast little ricers out there but who cares). To me, theres nothing better than the growl, rumble and snarl of a beastly American V8!!! Ive had an LT1 Firebird TA(had some common issues...leaky rear main seal, ABS issue, etc.) and thankfully it was a 95 and not a 93 or 94. They had the infamous non vented Opti-spark. Had a 2003 ZO6(squeaky belt tensioner common to LS1s and LS6s, traction control issues etc). My point is, no matter what we choose to drive, its never going to be perfect. I chose the Stang over the Camaro because i happen to think the Ford offers a better performance range than the Chevy.(i.e. - Brembo pkg, Track pkg, differential gear options). And not for nothing, i think the 4th gen. Camaro is way better than the 5th IMO. If if was 2002...Sorry Ford guys but id have to go with a WS6 TA or maybe the SS(I'm way more of a Firebird guy than a Camaro but whatever). Back then, the LS paired with the T56 was a better performer than the 260HP 4.6 ,5speed Mustang. I happen to love the 4th gen F-bodies and still want a WS6! But right now, Mustang all the way! From the V6 to the GT500, its the car to get and have. I still am praying for a smooth, issueless time of owning my 2013 GT Track Pack! Good luck to all of us!
JAMclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quick question, whats up with being such expensive oil?, this calls for a new thread, please inform me, i have yet to do a oil change on my new 2013 mustang, and i was thinking the best was castrol synthetic which is like 30 bucks for 5 quarts
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I bring in the mustang to the dealer tomorow at 5:30pm ill let you guys know how it goes...
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT
I'm not gonna lie the LS series is a good set of engines, my step dad had a sweet GTO but the new mustangs provide a superior package over the camaro I believe
Do a compare drive and you will understand. My wife really wanted the camaro until we drove both. Camaro rides better but for raw pull the 5.0 Wins hands down.
tbonz2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #48
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonz2869

Do a compare drive and you will understand. My wife really wanted the camaro until we drove both. Camaro rides better but for raw pull the 5.0 Wins hands down.
Only reason the 5.0 is a hair faster is cause of weight..

With that GM owned the muscle cars when the ls1 came out. Its sad that a stock SS/WS6 would beat a 03-10 mustang GT. It even beat all the cobra's. And yes they did. Stock SS/WS6 have went low 13's stock and into the 12.7 range on nothing but DR's. Only way Ford had a chance was when they brought out the Terminators. Then then the GT500. But it took just that a blower to beat them stock cars even 10 yrs later.

I remember having my 97 cobra stock getting spanked by my buddies 2000 WS6 then another buddies 2001 SS. All us stock. I did bolts same time they did. I still got spanked.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Finally Ford has a n/a engine to run with and beat the SS. Its about time..

After all it was sad watching cobalt tc/SS's stock out run GT's and then 4 door G8's do it also.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
Quick question, whats up with being such expensive oil?, this calls for a new thread, please inform me, i have yet to do a oil change on my new 2013 mustang, and i was thinking the best was castrol synthetic which is like 30 bucks for 5 quarts
Just so you know...your Coyote takes 8 quarts with filter. Plus use Mobil1, Amsoil or Royal Purple. Haven't heard too much about Castrol
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus

Just so you know...your Coyote takes 8 quarts with filter. Plus use Mobil1, Amsoil or Royal Purple. Haven't heard too much about Castrol
Mobil1 and castrol are vastly inferior to Amsoil, RP and redline.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Mobil1 and castrol are vastly inferior to Amsoil, RP and redline.
And why is that? Isnt mobil one recommended by ferrari mercedes etc?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

All of these oils, and dino oils, for that matter, meet the required specifications for this engine. Would I put 10,000 miles on any of them? No chance. I'd rather change the oil 2-3 times more and have clean dino in there than have 10,000 mile fancy, high $$$ super-oil in the sump.

This is a naturally aspirated road car, with an 8 quart sump, driven in our low stress north american driving environment. C'mon now, any branded oil is gonna doze its way through the mild tasks we ask. It isn't being asked to survive a 300 mile autobahn run at max speed every day.

Biggest problem here is people being too busy/lazy to change oil frequently enough and manufacturers pandering to this laziness to improve sales. 100,000mile sparkplugs, anyone? Wanna be the mechanic that has to try and get those out when the time comes, lol
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
All of these oils, and dino oils, for that matter, meet the required specifications for this engine. Would I put 10,000 miles on any of them? No chance. I'd rather change the oil 2-3 times more and have clean dino in there than have 10,000 mile fancy, high $$$ super-oil in the sump.

This is a naturally aspirated road car, with an 8 quart sump, driven in our low stress north american driving environment. C'mon now, any branded oil is gonna doze its way through the mild tasks we ask. It isn't being asked to survive a 300 mile autobahn run at max speed every day.

Biggest problem here is people being too busy/lazy to change oil frequently enough and manufacturers pandering to this laziness to improve sales. 100,000mile sparkplugs, anyone? Wanna be the mechanic that has to try and get those out when the time comes, lol
Biggest push towards 10k mile oil changes come from C.A.R.B in an effort to reduce oil consumption. Not to mention the improved tolerances with engines produced today as opposed to 40+ years ago. Can u imagine how dirty oil would be at 10k miles in a 70' engine.
That being said I change mine at 3k with conventional oil. I've never owned a car more than 5 years before trading up. Pretty sure the car will be fine for the 35k miles that I own it for. And the next owner will get a car that's like new. Can't wait to get my 2017 GT. Lol
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'd never leave in oil for 10k+ but that's just me I like peace of mind

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT
I'd never leave in oil for 10k+ but that's just me I like peace of mind
I left my oil in for 18k miles the first time and working on 12k miles this time. Oil stayed relatively clean and didn't break down. Amsoil is the bomb-diggity.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

I left my oil in for 18k miles the first time and working on 12k miles this time. Oil stayed relatively clean and didn't break down. Amsoil is the bomb-diggity.
Didn't u just blow your motor?

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

I'd say that might have something to do with it. The truth always comes out. Hell I was even feeling bad 4 you. I use amsoil and I change mine at 3000k mi.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Didn't u just blow your motor?

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

I'd say that might have something to do with it. The truth always comes out. Hell I was even feeling bad 4 you. I use amsoil and I change mine at 3000k mi.
I blew the engine because of a sparkplug issue and loss of compression in a cylinder at high rpm. We drained the oil and everything was fine. Haha. I take care of my car however some things can't be helped. The engine had a helicoil in the third cylinder before and had issues. It's just been a matter of time. Plus if you push any car at high RPM in an overdrive gear you run the risk of over heating.

Cobras blow engines from doing 160mph runs through 5th and 6th gears. Just a risk you take.

Only thing I can be blamed for is pushing the car too far; not for neglecting maintenance. I check the oil @3k and then every 1k miles after that. If you really buy extended interval Amsoil that is rated for 25k miles or one year and you change it at 3k then you're wasting your money. To each his own.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I still feel for ya,good luck with the rebuild.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #59
Pete Jones
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Imo id take a WS6 over a new 5.0 thats just my preference..
Oh and my last oil change was $32
5 quarts of penz 10w30
1 stp oil filter
1 quart of lucas oil stabilizer
I've always loved those cars, saw one on a lot a couple years back. Black exterior, black leather interior, 6 spd, mongoose hood, 20-30 some thousand miles but it already had a hold sticker on it :/

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I still feel for ya,good luck with the rebuild.
Thank you sir. Already have the engine out and am inspecting it. Cylinder walls look fine. Might just be going with a forged setup same block and new heads. We'll see!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

You're throwing money away of you're changing a true synthetic oil every 3k miles. I would have no qualms about a 10k mile drain interval with AMSOil, RP, or Redline.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

I blew the engine because of a sparkplug issue and loss of compression in a cylinder at high rpm. We drained the oil and everything was fine. Haha. I take care of my car however some things can't be helped. The engine had a helicoil in the third cylinder before and had issues. It's just been a matter of time. Plus if you push any car at high RPM in an overdrive gear you run the risk of over heating.

Cobras blow engines from doing 160mph runs through 5th and 6th gears. Just a risk you take.

Only thing I can be blamed for is pushing the car too far; not for neglecting maintenance. I check the oil @3k and then every 1k miles after that. If you really buy extended interval Amsoil that is rated for 25k miles or one year and you change it at 3k then you're wasting your money. To each his own.
I've seen with my own eyes that amsoil alone picks up 8 more HP on engine dyno. That's good enough for me. Besides I only put 3000k mi a year on the car.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've seen with my own eyes that amsoil alone picks up 8 more HP on engine dyno. That's good enough for me. Besides I only put 3000k mi a year on the car.
+1 then you're doing it right for the time interval. I'm sorry for getting a bit testy. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I brought the car to the dealer they said they would contact me tomorow or tonight. Im just worried they are going to say the engine noise is "normal" if they do...oh boy corporate ford is gonna have a problem. They gave me a ford fusion its a nice little car.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I stopped reading after the first page and a half...... ....... BUT I'm fairly certain that if you get a BAMA tune, they warranty the engine against the infamous #8 cylinder. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's happened once or twice!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Yup but #8 isn't always the problem. Just checked my voicemails they want me to call back asap and talk to me in person...doesnt sound like good news :I unfortunately they are closed now so tomorow morning...
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The suspense is so intense!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
What pisses me off the most is i have a TON of attermarket engine parts sitting in boxes and i cant install because i dont want to void the warranty if my car has obvious engine problems.

My car has close to 4k miles its still not broken in?
If its a 6speed take it on the interstate in about 4th and take a good trip
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

So they said its normal. Normal huh!? Engine ticking knocking belt noises brakes squeaking oil burning!? Thats normal for a brand new car? Are you kidding me im expected to buy a brand new car and have to top off the oil every 500 miles. Im so mad i dont even want the car any more they bettertake their ****ty *** car back so i can go buy a camaro. Yeah i said it thats what its come down to.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50 View Post
So they said its normal. Normal huh!? Engine ticking knocking belt noises brakes squeaking oil burning!? Thats normal for a brand new car? Are you kidding me im expected to buy a brand new car and have to top off the oil every 500 miles. Im so mad i dont even want the car any more they bettertake their ****ty *** car back so i can go buy a camaro. Yeah i said it thats what its come down to.
Good luck getting them to buy it back ... hope your Camaro is perfect.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT