Coyote is pissing me off, should have bought a ls series :/ - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #71
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Good luck getting them to buy it back ... hope your Camaro is perfect.
Well said Napoleon. Even still the oil burning thin has been explained to you time and time again yellow. You just refuse to accept the break in period? Didn't you say you had brembos too? If so I know that one has been explained too.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Coyote is pissing me off, should have bought a ls series :/

Might want to check out all the ticking, grinding and other problems the Camaro has before you jump ship. Their forum has A WHOLE SECTION just for problems.

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Its not so much i wantthem to buy the carback. Im just really annoyed at the terrible service at the dealer. I really like my mustang, i undertand all these issues but a 43k brand new car should not have problems like this no exceptions. Ford corporate was very nice though, they have escalated the problem and i have a case #. Lets see what happens, im pleased with the corporate service. Sorry for venting
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
Its not so much i wantthem to buy the carback. Im just really annoyed at the terrible service at the dealer. I really like my mustang, i undertand all these issues but a 43k brand new car should not have problems like this no exceptions. Ford corporate was very nice though, they have escalated the problem and i have a case #. Lets see what happens, im pleased with the corporate service. Sorry for venting
If the problem continues get in touch with the Better Business Bureau. My dad bought a lemon corvette a few years ago and BBB had to get involved, in the end the BBB lawyers made a deal with GM to buy his C6 back for MSRP and he could buy any other GM vehicle for MSRP, so he got a Z06 (they must not have thought that one through). He had the Z06 for a few months then sold it to a guy who paid him $30k more than he did for it, then he went and got another C6. In the end he was happy. BBB bends over backwards for customers, that's what they are there for. It doesn't hurt taking a look. Good luck with everything, don't give up on Mustangs yet! (there was a reason why they stopped production of the new Camaro, just saying)
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #75
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I hope it works well for you. I know on TMS there is a ford customer service rep and she is awesome!! Just remember that it's the dealer not wanting to work with you, not ford.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Yes its the dealer :/. I hope big ford sends a tech to diagnois my car soon
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Video of the engine idle

Hey guys i took a video, please listen to it and let me know what you think! My mechanic said it sounds like a bad lifter.

maybe the engine is supposed to sound like this? i never heard another 5.0 so i am not sure,one thing for sure is it was a lot louder with the aftermarket exhaust. I still don't believe the oil consumption on this engine is right though...
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #78
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Sounded normal to me, hard to tell without being in front of the vehicle. Most vehicles have noisy lifters. While I don't agree with the whole oil consumption thing, most people report that by 10k it stops so I would wait and see what happens.

A tranny whine on the other hand is unacceptable

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #79
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
I was just about to say it sounds like noisy injectors right before you mentioned it in the video. Sounds like my 04 wrangler, it has noisy injectors which really there's nothing you can do about it.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Sounded normal to me, hard to tell without being in front of the vehicle. Most vehicles have noisy lifters. While I don't agree with the whole oil consumption thing, most people report that by 10k it stops so I would wait and see what happens.

A tranny whine on the other hand is unacceptable
The tranny whines up to exactly 3k rpm sounds just like a supercharger. Again i asked my mechanic and he said its most likely a bearing but hes not sure. He said i shouldn't be worried. :/

I want to tune so bad but i cant right now especially if i have a lemon on my hands. Which i don't know if i do yet. That is why i am so frustrated i literally have the tuner in my hands right now.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Update: talked again to corporate ford, i requested a tech to come down and take a look at my car. The engine noise came back and the transmission is now whining louder than ever. Im getting a call back monday (next business day)

I hope everything is just a simple fix
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just saw the video. And it seems like only certain areas of the engine is ticking. That isn't normal. I used to have a 70 vette and ran smooth and sounded quiet. ( not saying nothing about Chevy vs ford FYI) engines should run smooth and quiet
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Update: talked again to corporate ford, i requested a tech to come down and take a look at my car. The engine noise came back and the transmission is now whining louder than ever. Im getting a call back monday (next business day)

I hope everything is just a simple fix
My transmission whines after I changed my gears to 4.10 and threw a short throw in there... And my car runs fine
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #84
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
The camaro has had its issues. Most come from tune/cam cars that drop lifters. People not upgrading them.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You guys losing oil, I would recommend adding an oil separator and do the EV279 PCV valve swap. If you are losing a lot of oil then this is most likely early signs of the #8 cylinder failure from my understanding.
2012Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Coyote
You guys losing oil, I would recommend adding an oil separator and do the EV279 PCV valve swap. If you are losing a lot of oil then this is most likely early signs of the #8 cylinder failure from my understanding.
I lose about 2-3 qts between oil changes...how is that "normal"???

The camaro has 60 tsbs lol
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I lose about 2-3 qts between oil changes...how is that "normal"???

The camaro has 60 tsbs lol
I didn't say it was normal, you are doing the right thing by going to the dealer with that much oil loss. But, the 5.0 does have a bit of blow by this is why i recommended the ev279 swap and separator. Hope they line it out for ya!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I meant the dealer says its "normal" sorry for the mix up. Tomorow i talk to the csm of the region. Lets see...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah definitely keep us updated.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Talked to the csm, he said theres nothing he can do plain and simple. Only tuing i can do is bring it to another dealer. Not happy. Decided to take matters into my own hands and inspecting it myself. #1 and #8 look good # 8 is dirtier slightly. You can clearly see it burning oil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-296373677.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	49513

Guess i cant do anything but have faith in the engine and if #8 goes rely on bama. I cant wait any longer the anticipation is killing me. This sunday everythings being installed hello 500hp =) (roughly)
Old 05-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #91
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Good luck! let us know how the install goes and post pics too!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT