Coyote is pissing me off, should have bought a ls series :/ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ok so my engine magically stops knocking/ticking a few days before i bring it into the dealer, anyways i had the oil change done at 3k miles and i checked the dipstick, it was perfect. Now the car has 3,800 miles and it was half a quart low...what gives!?

This enine is really pissing me off coupled with the squeaky brembos, random rattles from the cabin and clunky tranny. Im starting to get a really annoyed at ford. Sometimes i wonde if i made a mistake buying ford instead of chevy :I. At least the ls series engines are bullet proof.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
Ok so my engine magically stops knocking/ticking a few days before i bring it into the dealer, anyways i had the oil change done at 3k miles and i checked the dipstick, it was perfect. Now the car has 3,800 miles and it was half a quart low...what gives!?

This enine is really pissing me off coupled with the squeaky brembos, random rattles from the cabin and clunky tranny. Im starting to get a really annoyed at ford. Sometimes i wonde if i made a mistake buying ford instead of chevy :I. At least the ls series engines are bullet proof.
U made the rite call. I had a 95 ls1, it was a POS.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:

Ls motors use old technology yet with more moving parts more items to wear out. Not getting into a debate now for good news. I have 16k on my car it burns no oil. Give the engine a chance to fully break itself in and it should settle out by 5k miles. As for the squeaky brembos, mine have never squeaked, but it sounds like another break in issue. Every time I replace break pads they take a few k miles to work into the meat of the pad. The clutch will smooth out as well. If u don't like the shifting but an Mgw short throw shifter. Not only do they make shifters but they also make gun parts so their measurements are perfection. Give the car a chance to break in though. I had 10k when I bought mine so I didn't have to go through the break in process but u will reap the benefits of that car soon enough. If u still have problems take it to the dealer and force them to resolve everything especially with it under warranty. Hope some of what I said encouraged and helps. Writing this out on a cellphone is difficult n time consuming

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

What pisses me off the most is i have a TON of attermarket engine parts sitting in boxes and i cant install because i dont want to void the warranty if my car has obvious engine problems.

My car has close to 4k miles its still not broken in?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Coyote is pissing me off, should have bought a ls series :/

They are know to burn a little oil so you will have to keep a eye on it and check it.Mine did the same thing and she hasnt even broke 4K yet. Keep in mind that just because its new doesn't me you aren't gonna have any issues and sounds like small ones to me. A litttle cabin noise isnt gonna kill anyone. All im saying is look on the bright side.....at least you still have #8. I say enjoy the car and take it in if you have issues,thats what the warranty is for but on the other hand **** the warranty....I voided mine at 60 something miles. I bought this car to enjoy it and thats what im gonna do!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
No. Sometimes it takes more than that. Let it run a few cycles of oil changes and see where you are. I am just now getting to 16k miles and I have driven it across the country twice with zero issues, knock on wood. These cars are amazing to drive as far as I'm concerned and my luck isn't good enough to have the only great running Stang! Be patient and rest assured that it is still under warranty so feel free to make them look at it until it is where you think it should be!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yes but say i have a faulty 5.0 like the earlier ones (mine is very early) and i tune and then #8 blows. It comes out of my pocket instead of fords even though its a faulty engine. So until iget the ok that the engine is not faulty i cant tune

Like i said i have boxes of parts that i cant install :/
Old 04-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50 View Post
Yes but say i have a faulty 5.0 like the earlier ones (mine is very early) and i tune and then #8 blows. It comes out of my pocket instead of fords even though its a faulty engine. So until iget the ok that the engine is not faulty i cant tune

Then wait......but if its ok and warranty runs out,you tune it,it blows....whats the difference?

Its gonna happen but i see the point of wanting to ride it out for a bit.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Because the faulty engines usually blow (if i read correctly) before 10k miles.

If the engine blows after a tune without it being a faulty motor im not going to claim its fords fault but rather mine. If my engine never started knocking it would have been tuned right now

By the way the engine only knocks when its warm

You know the rules, Got to pay to play
Old 04-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50 View Post
Because the faulty engines usually blow (if i read correctly) before 10k miles.

I understand but just because you pass 10K doesn't mean it wont blow. If its gonna happen,its gonna happen and you will never know when. Again,I understand why you want to wait it out though.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Right, im visiting the dealer this wensday, if they replace the engine im going to put all the parts and tune right away. If they keep the stock engine and change minor things on it im going to be a little skeptical :I
Old 04-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Regardless of the issue even if it stops continue to take it back to Ford, if you don't like what that dealer says take it to another. There are other means to get something done call Ford directly. Over at TMS there is a Ford rep that tries to help out with issues. You paid or are paying good money for your Pony you deserve it to be near perfect.

As for other things noises creeks etc some times we have to live with them. For example the pillar in mine rattles drives me nuts. But I was riding in my sons 2012 the other day and it was making the same noise. It is what it is.

Good luck PM if you want I'll look up the Ford rep on TMS.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
Regardless of the issue even if it stops continue to take it back to Ford, if you don't like what that dealer says take it to another. There are other means to get something done call Ford directly. Over at TMS there is a Ford rep that tries to help out with issues. You paid or are paying good money for your Pony you deserve it to be near perfect.

As for other things noises creeks etc some times we have to live with them. For example the pillar in mine rattles drives me nuts. But I was riding in my sons 2012 the other day and it was making the same noise. It is what it is.

Good luck PM if you want I'll look up the Ford rep on TMS.
Thank you very much hopefully that will not be necesary. I will find out soon enough though, hoping for a new engine
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I've got 29K miles on my Coyote and the first couple thousand miles, I was worried about the chatter it would make once in a while. But it has since gone away. I don't recall when it stopped but I feel comfortable voiding my warranty now.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Voided mine, I've got 30k on mine. No regrets!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I spoke to a Ford mechanic who explained to me that the Coyote engines are built very loose to maximize performance. He stated that it's normal for the 5.0 to burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Sure enough...mine burns a quart every 1,500 miles. It is what it is....I'll sacrifice 2 extra quarts of oil to whoop a Camaro.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I hope mine stops burning so much oil. I'm burning about a quart every 1500 miles and I just turned 6k.
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Every 5.0 makes that noise, some more than others... It's normal on these motors

Also they drink a lot of oil, they take 8 quarts and if you ride it hard it's normal to lose a full quart between oil changes. I typically have 7-7.25 left when it's time to change it out and I'm at 37k miles
Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Chevy is bull****. We all know that. Be happy you went with the only American car company who DIDNT file for bankruptcy. Canaria are slow any way. I've had 4 mustangs, 2 camaro's (ss, and z28), and a trans am ws6 and the mustangs have always been the best.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0MustangMan

Chevy is bull****. We all know that. Be happy you went with the only American car company who DIDNT file for bankruptcy. Canaria are slow any way. I've had 4 mustangs, 2 camaro's (ss, and z28), and a trans am ws6 and the mustangs have always been the best.
I meant camaro's.
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
Regular
Supporter

Mmmmmmm......WS6.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Mmmmmmm......WS6.
It was a good car no doubt, but the mustang beats it in every way. It would run circle around my '98 cobra, but my 2012 Gt would defiantly run circles around it.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0MustangMan

It was a good car no doubt, but the mustang beats it in every way. It would run circle around my '98 cobra, but my 2012 Gt would defiantly run circles around it.
the ws6 is lethal with boltons dont forget that then with heads and cam swap they are beast all the way
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

the ws6 is lethal with boltons dont forget that then with heads and cam swap they are beast all the way
Still a government motors POS
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

have to disagree there man.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

have to disagree there man.
Fast yes, POS none the less.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0MustangMan View Post
There is always gonna be a car that will run circles around you. Comparing a stock WS6 from way back to a 2012 5.0 is kind of uhhhh......? If that's the case Then my friend Michele's SN95 pink Pony pushing 1400whp would run circles around any car on this site.....old or new. I look at cars like what they can be not what they are.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus
I spoke to a Ford mechanic who explained to me that the Coyote engines are built very loose to maximize performance. He stated that it's normal for the 5.0 to burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Sure enough...mine burns a quart every 1,500 miles. It is what it is....I'll sacrifice 2 extra quarts of oil to whoop a Camaro.
That's pretty hard for me to swallow. The oil I use is $14/qt.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #29
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
That's pretty hard for me to swallow. The oil I use is $14/qt.
Yikes.......I think my last oil purchase was in the $70/80 dollar range.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Yikes.......I think my last oil purchase was in the $70/80 dollar range.
Mine was $178. But I got 4gals of amsoil , 3 bottles of flush and a filter.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Mine was $178. But I got 4gals of amsoil , 3 bottles of flush and a filter.
That's not a bad deal!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Mine stopped drinking after I poured out the crap factory fill and put in standard 5W30 Quaker State dino oil. The oem oil was beat to ****, in about 3500 miles, black and unhappy. Since, the oil seems to be staying clean and in the crankcase.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

That's not a bad deal!
I seen a yates motor pick up 8hp with amsoil on an engine dyno
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #34
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Imo id take a WS6 over a new 5.0 thats just my preference..
Oh and my last oil change was $32
5 quarts of penz 10w30
1 stp oil filter
1 quart of lucas oil stabilizer
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Imo id take a WS6 over a new 5.0 thats just my preference..
Oh and my last oil change was $32
5 quarts of penz 10w30
1 stp oil filter
1 quart of lucas oil stabilizer
LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT