Members with Bama tunes from AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #1

Region: California
Members with Bama tunes from AM

I just received my bama sct tuner from AM. Before I pull trigger and install the tune, I have a couple questions on things that members may have experience with or would of done differently. What do you guys use to data log your afrs and knock? Do you find your stang running a little to lean for comfort after the tune? I don't have a scan gauge and really wasn't in the market for one. But if a lot of members are running lean with these tunes I may be now. Thanks for any input.
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
You hook the SCT up to your laptop with a USB printer cable and log with the LiveLink software from the sct website. Bama can send you instructions on how to do a datalog and send it to them for review. They have been really good about reviewing them and sending tweaks in the past, and I definitely recommend doing this.

Another tip, make sure you relearn the idle and fuel trim strategies. This needs done any time you flash a tune, disconnect the battery, or the battery loses charge. The procedure can be found in your owners manual bit is pretty easy. Put the car in park (or neutral with a manual) and set the parking brake. Turn off all accessories (radio, ac, etc) and start the car. Idle it until it reached max operating temp then let it idle for one more minute. After that, turn the ac on and let it idle for at least one more minute. To complete the process you need to drive the car at least ten miles before shutting it off.

And I have never seen it running too lean, but bama did adjust one of my earlier tunes based off a datalog that I sent them since they thought it was a tad too lean at some points.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #3

Region: California
Re: Members with Bama tunes from AM

Awesome! Thanks for the input!
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Never ever do it on a weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! If something happens to the tuner itself you have to wait till Monday to get in touch with Sct. I had a bad experience about a month ago. Something went wrong with my tuner when I first tried to install the tune and it pretty much erased my stock file for the ecu. I couldn't even start it and being my dd and only transportation too.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I had an issue with a BAMA tune but it wasn't anything with AM or BAMA. I bought a tuner from someone on Craigslist and I thought the custom tunes would work for my vehicle. I tried it and all it did was throw engine trouble codes. After shelling out the $150 for the free custom tunes for life, all is good! AM and BAMA are the best!
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Members with Bama tunes from AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0 View Post
I had an issue with a BAMA tune but it wasn't anything with AM or BAMA. I bought a tuner from someone on Craigslist and I thought the custom tunes would work for my vehicle. I tried it and all it did was throw engine trouble codes. After shelling out the $150 for the free custom tunes for life, all is good! AM and BAMA are the best!
Tunes are specific to your mods and the ecu calibration strategy that came with your car.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom View Post
Never ever do it on a weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! If something happens to the tuner itself you have to wait till Monday to get in touch with Sct. I had a bad experience about a month ago. Something went wrong with my tuner when I first tried to install the tune and it pretty much erased my stock file for the ecu. I couldn't even start it and being my dd and only transportation too.
+1 on this! They are only open something like 8-5 EST Mon-Fri. I toasted my tuner one night after work and had to get a ride home from where the car was. The SCT updater program is a complete pile of garbage.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
The tunes I got were actually pretty rich. Did some data logging and sent it to them and they tweaked it. They did burn me on the dyno tune (fourth gear lock) but overall pretty good.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT