Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Boss 302 vs. Boss Shinoda

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JimC 
#1 · (Edited)
Never understood why there is a Boss 302 mustang and then a mustang called/built Boss Shinoda! I know the Boss 302 is a real Boss but then what is the Boss Shinoda? Then my question is I just bought the Boss intake and love the Boss Shinoda decals for the 2011 5.0......what if I bought the decals. www.teamshinoda.com ...I'm talking about the hood decal strip only...would that look good? To have the Boss decal and have the intake under the Hood? Just curious what y'all think! But I would cut the Shinoda words off n just have Boss on the hood!

#6 ·
Larry Shinoda was the Ford designer who developed the first Boss 302. (He also designed the split window 1963 Corvette).

His family ceated the Boss Shinoda line of cars when he left Ford and the company continues on. He died in 1997. The Shinoda Boss cars are aftermarket lines, like Roush and others.

The Boss 302 is a Ford product, no aftermarket involvement. And that is why his cars have the Shinoda as part of the name, they can't be a "Boss 302" because Ford owns that name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.