Fastest stock auto 5.0 8.9@150+ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Fastest stock auto 5.0 8.9@150+

Modification List -L&M Engines Built 302 CID 5.0L 4V (Stock Production Heads and Cams)
-Factory 6R80 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Circle D Transmission Upgrades
-Circle D Specialties Pro Series Billet Torque Converter
-4.0L Whipple "Crusher" Twin Screw Supercharger @ 24lbs of Boost
-Ford Racing 10-Rib Upgrade
-ATI 20% Overdrive Damper
-RJ Machine 10-Rib Supercharger Pulley
-205lb Fuel Injectors
-Return Fuel System
-Ford Racing Super Mono Blade Throttle Body
-JLT Performance "Super Big Air" 142mm Cold Air Intake
-JLT Performance Billet Oil Separators
-Afco Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with Fans
-American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3.5" Collector and Off-Road X-Pipe
-Dyno 3" Bullet Catback Exhaust System
-Steeda Upper Control Arm and Mount
-Steeda Billet Lower Control Arms
-Steeda Tubular Radiator Support
-Evolution Adjustable Panhard Bar and Brace
-Black Weld RT-S Wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Drag Slicks
-Cervini's 4" Cowl Hood
-E85 Pump Gas
-Custom Dyno Tuned By Jon Lund of Lund Racing

Show me a stock manual or/and Nitrous 5.0 doing this. There is a reason to choose blower over nitrous, auto over manual. Show me a manual 5.0 that has handled runs like this and make 1070whp. You can't cause they are not out there.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
eh.. that's ok i guess...

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
eh.. that's ok i guess...
jk btw
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Fastest stock auto 5.0 8.9@150+

So stock block, just built internals with stock heads/cams? That's haulin'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Road Trip!

He is the Second fastest 5.0 in the Second fastest 5.0 in the world. The other was a gutted race car. I say he is doing really really well. There is two people looking to take him out and the record in the next few weeks.

Terry Reeves and Sean Kelley.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

when's the TT 5.0 hitting the 1/4 again?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That thing hauls ***! Poor mach 1 didnt even stand a chance
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
when's the TT 5.0 hitting the 1/4 again?
Not sure. They said soon and plan to try set a new overall record with it.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
That was amazing! an 8 second car is more of a dream than the lottery.
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04
That was amazing! an 8 second car is more of a dream than the lottery.
8's are no joke. Hell northern are 9's. I used to think 10's was till ran them. But it starts getting so hard to drop event a 10th of a sec the faster you go. I hope to drop down to a 10.4 next time out. And then I will most likely be done till built engine time.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #10

Region: New York

Congrats on an amazing accomplishment..
Jim Vaccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Amazing accomplishment, particularly given the early stage of development on the 5.0 hop up scene. However, about the only thing untouched and "stock" on this car is the top of the bumper cover so, we can stop referring to it around the world as some sort of variation on "stock". This is a fully built, purpose-built RACE car, period.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Amazing accomplishment, particularly given the early stage of development on the 5.0 hop up scene. However, about the only thing untouched and "stock" on this car is the top of the bumper cover so, we can stop referring to it around the world as some sort of variation on "stock". This is a fully built, purpose-built RACE car, period.
Purpose built Race car? Its his daily driver. I don't know any race cars with full leather interior. And the referred to.it stock cause it still has original 6r80 trans in it. Not a swapped tranny like all the manuals or others. It has upgraded clutches in the tranny. That is it. They are a little stronger and get rid of heat. This is also the same car that went 9.4's on 20" rims. Also don't know to.many race cats that have stock heads/cams, and are plated and inspected.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
<a href="
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
What the hell do you mean "stock" lol

I have an auto question for you... If you punch it from a roll, does the tranny skip gears? Like can it go from 5th to 3rd or even second?

I have a feeling I'll be trading up when 2015 model year comes around but I might do auto next time because... Well you ruined the damn manual for me

I still prefer the feeling of driving a manual but I'm willing to sacrifice that on the next purchase lol
Yes punching it while cruzing the tranny will down shift and be gone. At say 50 it drops to 2nd. At 70 it drops to 3rd. Stock it does it a little slower but with a tune it can happen almost instantly.

And me ruined...WHAT!?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Purpose built Race car? Its his daily driver. I don't know any race cars with full leather interior. And the referred to.it stock cause it still has original 6r80 trans in it. Not a swapped tranny like all the manuals or others. It has upgraded clutches in the tranny. That is it. They are a little stronger and get rid of heat. This is also the same car that went 9.4's on 20" rims. Also don't know to.many race cats that have stock heads/cams, and are plated and inspected.
it's impressive, yes, I completely concede that and agree you can't get an MT82 anywhere close to this and keep it in 100 pieces much less one.

But, keep telling yourself that the large list of mods you posted, the fact that cars are better today and it's way easier to make them uber-fast and maintain decent driveability isn't playing into this at all. It's a project, it's designed to set records and there's no way in hell this thing is going to be ferrying the kids to soccer practice or getting anybody to work in a snowstorm. This is a race car that gets driven on the street, not a street car that gets driven on the track.

Back in the day the Pro Street guys'd find a lenient inspection outlet, throw a little cash and get their tube-frame, back 1/2, tin-foil bodied cars "legal" and call them "street car, daily driver" on rubber wide enough the car looked like a steamroller from the rear. This ain't quite as extreme as that but, it's the same basic story.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
it's impressive, yes, I completely concede that and agree you can't get an MT82 anywhere close to this and keep it in 100 pieces much less one.

But, keep telling yourself that the large list of mods you posted, the fact that cars are better today and it's way easier to make them uber-fast and maintain decent driveability isn't playing into this at all. It's a project, it's designed to set records and there's no way in hell this thing is going to be ferrying the kids to soccer practice or getting anybody to work in a snowstorm. This is a race car that gets driven on the street, not a street car that gets driven on the track.

Back in the day the Pro Street guys'd find a lenient inspection outlet, throw a little cash and get their tube-frame, back 1/2, tin-foil bodied cars "legal" and call them "street car, daily driver" on rubber wide enough the car looked like a steamroller from the rear. This ain't quite as extreme as that but, it's the same basic story.
The gusy wife drives it with the kids. Its is completely street legal. SO how is it a race car. Yes the guy has been threw a couple setups. He has the money for it. The cars body is unchaged besides a a hood and spoiler. Still has all safety features/AC/Heat/Air Bags/Full interior even with the Roll bar. It is driven just like you drive your car.

I guess I own a race car. Just not as fast. And any one who mids there car at all and drives on the street is a race car.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Anything with 1000 horsepower, a roll cage and a built driveline kinda crosses the line into "race car" territory, no matter how you slice it. Nobody builds a 1000 horsepower car to take the missus on the shops run in bumper-to-bumper. Even if they do some of that duty, they are making a point, not really seriously using the car for that duty. I predict won't be long before that car becomes a garage queen/summer toy and the missus' SUV becomes the daily. We'll see whose perception = reality ultimately here, I suppose.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Anything with 1000 horsepower, a roll cage and a built driveline kinda crosses the line into "race car" territory, no matter how you slice it. Nobody builds a 1000 horsepower car to take the missus on the shops run in bumper-to-bumper. Even if they do some of that duty, they are making a point, not really seriously using the car for that duty. I predict won't be long before that car becomes a garage queen/summer toy and the missus' SUV becomes the daily. We'll see whose perception = reality ultimately here, I suppose.
Really. SO the Bugatti is a race car, the Ultimate Areo SSc is a race car, the TT Lambo's are race cars. Really? SOunds like you are just hating on some one that can affordto biuld a car like this and be able to drive it every day. And so what if it become a summer only. There is plenty of people that only drive their stock mustangs/vettes/challengers/old muscle cars in summer only weather.

And these is plenty of 800-100whp+ cars running the streets. Just cause y9ou don't see them don't make them race cars.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

You're imputing motives into my commentary that aren't there.

The Bugatti and the SSC are supercars, different animal altogether and they don't have roll cages. They are factory-built to be what they are.

There's a foundational difference between someone building a 1000 horsepower Mustang, racing it and, a multi-millionaire buying a stock, factory-made exotic toy.

Someone takes the factory Lambo, straps in a roll cage, more than doubles the stock power output, builds the driveline up, slaps slicks on it and does a 7 second quarter, I'd call that a race car, too.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
You're imputing motives into my commentary that aren't there.

The Bugatti and the SSC are supercars, different animal altogether and they don't have roll cages. They are factory-built to be what they are.

There's a foundational difference between someone building a 1000 horsepower Mustang, racing it and, a multi-millionaire buying a stock, factory-made exotic toy.

Someone takes the factory Lambo, straps in a roll cage, more than doubles the stock power output, builds the driveline up, slaps slicks on it and does a 7 second quarter, I'd call that a race car, too.
He has a roll cage so he can run at the track. Not cause he built a race car. Anything faster then 11.49 you have to have one. A bolt on 5.0 with a cage must be race car.

And a Bugatti and SSC wouldn't be legal to run at the track. And all the TT Lambo UGR do have built engines and upgraded drivetrians.

As said real race cars don't have full interior, AC, heat, leather, sterile etc. And I know guys that have roll bars/cages that run 12's.

And people race stock cars from Prius- Lambo does that make them.race cars cause they race them?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Ok I got it, its a race car on the street but a street car at the track. That makes sence haha
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
Ok I got it, its a race car on the street but a street car at the track. That makes sence haha
I take it my cobra is a race car too? No roll cage yet but it needs one. Not driven very often and normally just to the track and back.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

I take it my cobra is a race car too? No roll cage yet but it needs one. Not driven very often and normally just to the track and back.
Lol I was trying to take both side on the point saying everyone on the street will say its a racecar because they are faster than them but everyone at the track will call a street car because of the all the stock items still installed.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT