Ford Corp + MT82 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414

Hey cool story! I actually know about them because my bud has every single problem I have, just because you consider it normal doesn't mean a thing to me, I'm talking about the clutch sticking to the floor, not being able to engage gears, and overall notchy shifting. Next time don't waste your time telling me about your mustang history... Facts are facts, the clutch/tranny set up sucked as still does, idc about your fox, your terminator, or your current mustang, alls your tellin me is that ford can't get **** right, pretty pathetic on fords part.
Your bud has the same issues that you have? Hahaha how about you learn about a transmission before commenting! And I don't mean by reading online. Try tearing down your mt82 and rebuilding it like I have, then you can tell us how you know about them. Until then your just another monkey see monkey do Internet guy.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Ford Corp + MT82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85 View Post
Your bud has the same issues that you have? Hahaha how about you learn about a transmission before commenting! And I don't mean by reading online. Try tearing down your mt82 and rebuilding it like I have, then you can tell us how you know about them. Until then your just another monkey see monkey do Internet guy.
Just wondering,what your ideas on the mt82? Tearing it apart what problems have you seen? I might think instead of a mt82 problem I thought I had, im probaly just a bad manual driver. I think I found a solution for it tho. A pedal extension. I might be just sitting to far back.
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Actually I don't have to tear a tranny apart to know the power train is fukked up. Yes he has the same problems, with his 13', it is funny that ford can't fix it you're right with your "Hahahahaha", I'm not a monkey see monkey do, I've got the car and I've got the problems. Blow me clown.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50
Has anyone,have this problem and just lived with it? I really put alot time and effort cleaning,it and driving it carefully. So Ive grown attach to it so idk if im willing to trade/sell or let them **** my tranny or replace it and ends up with the same problems. Just wondering if its a must bring back or live with type of situation.
You can live with it for sure.
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Alright this really needs to stop half the threads I go to now from 11-13 models have a bunch of fighting going on and either way you guys aren't going to change each others thinking. This is putting it very nicely and I am asking for you two to refrain from adding fuel to this fire because it is not doing any good to this thread. You are not providing any advice that someone can take and apply to their issues. So stop now and create a thread for 11-13 labeled as "moans and complaints" and go at it. do this crap in there so that way I can cruise through threads without reading a flooding of dumb comments because you two find it fun to argue on the internet I swear a bunch of drama queens. Thanks for taking the time to read

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
Alright this really needs to stop half the threads I go to now from 11-13 models have a bunch of fighting going on and either way you guys aren't going to change each others thinking. This is putting it very nicely and I am asking for you two to refrain from adding fuel to this fire because it is not doing any good to this thread. You are not providing any advice that someone can take and apply to their issues. So stop now and create a thread for 11-13 labeled as "moans and complaints" and go at it. do this crap in there so that way I can cruise through threads without reading a flooding of dumb comments because you two find it fun to argue on the internet I swear a bunch of drama queens. Thanks for taking the time to read
I agree. We are all here to help each other and listen to others opinions
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just wondering,what your ideas on the mt82? Tearing it apart what problems have you seen? I might think instead of a mt82 problem I thought I had, im probaly just a bad manual driver. I think I found a solution for it tho. A pedal extension. I might be just sitting to far back.
Give the pedal extender a shot. I have almost 20k on my mt82 and have a stage 2 clutch in it. I shut off the radio and listen to it a lot. If you for any reason think u have a problem take it to the dealer and have them ride a long with u so u can point out the noise specifically ur talking about. If they say it's nothing take it to an independent shop have them ride a long with you for a second opinion. Good luck bud

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 06-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Give the pedal extender a shot. I have almost 20k on my mt82 and have a stage 2 clutch in it. I shut off the radio and listen to it a lot. If you for any reason think u have a problem take it to the dealer and have them ride a long with u so u can point out the noise specifically ur talking about. If they say it's nothing take it to an independent shop have them ride a long with you for a second opinion. Good luck bud
I'll take that advice thanks alot! Today I realized....I'm a terrible driver haha. I thought I knew where that sweet spot was on the clutch so I kept shifting on that spot. Today I tried pushing it all the way down on all shifts thinking maybe I wasn't hitting the right spot and it was somewhat more smoother than when I would shift with the "sweet spots". Sorry if that makes no sense. I will be grabbing that pedal extender so I'll guarantee myself full pushes (I sit way back when I drive).

With the sound at mid to high rpm's I'm thinking its my drop in air filter inside my stock CAI. I did a test wth opening my CAI box with the stock paper air filter didn't sound like alota air was getting through and when I switch to the drop in I heard my CAI suck alota air so I'm assuming the sound I'm hearing is the Drop in filter from K&N when I'm driving.
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Yes the kn air filter will have a more suction style sound to it when u step into it. There is a little more flow with it. I know what ur talking about with the sweet spot and I have mine down enough to the point if I wear different shoes or boots I adjust my seat a half inch. Muscle memory and consistency does help on a clutch. I am not quite at half way down with the clutch releasing and that is how all four of the mustangs I have owned have before. Some may not agree with me and you might not. But it's ok every car is different just try to find that consistent spot and when u do u won't have to guess on finding it next time.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
+1..
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Quote:

Part of the problem of the 2005+ manual mustangs is the remote mounted shifter. And even worse with the 2011+, the motor twists and moves and the shifter just doesn't and it causes deflection "notchy" "grinding" "lockout". The mt82 has tiny shift gates and when there is even a little movement it is almost impossible to go into gear smooth. I only tore down one mt82 so cant really speak for every one but the one I did I found that some of the internals were loose and not assembled very good. Mainly the input shaft, it was loose and it really shouldn't be loose at all.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Part of the problem of the 2005+ manual mustangs is the remote mounted shifter. And even worse with the 2011+, the motor twists and moves and the shifter just doesn't and it causes deflection "notchy" "grinding" "lockout". The mt82 has tiny shift gates and when there is even a little movement it is almost impossible to go into gear smooth. I only tore down one mt82 so cant really speak for every one but the one I did I found that some of the internals were loose and not assembled very good. Mainly the input shaft, it was loose and it really shouldn't be loose at all.
Yeah I felt a lot of the notchiness and deflection go away when I installed the Mgw shifter. I know that doesn't help with the engine twisting and that sort of thing but u get rid of the rubber in the bracket and the rubber from around the shift rid and it helps to keep things a little straighter.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I felt a lot of the notchiness and deflection go away when I installed the Mgw shifter. I know that doesn't help with the engine twisting and that sort of thing but u get rid of the rubber in the bracket and the rubber from around the shift rid and it helps to keep things a little straighter.
Maybe stiffer motor mounts could also help?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah you just have to find that happy medium with the stiffer mounts because you will start hearing and feeling more vibration coming from the k member I believe that's where the mounts bolt to

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Yeah you just have to find that happy medium with the stiffer mounts because you will start hearing and feeling more vibration coming from the k member I believe that's where the mounts bolt to
Or the half frame or whatever they call it

Old 06-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Or the half frame or whatever they call it
Engine mounts**?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414

Engine mounts**?
The place the engine mounts bolt onto. Had to remove them when I put my long tubes on but I don't know if that place it bolts onto is fords definition of a frame because it isn't a full framed car or what I would claim to be full framed. Anyways yes where the motor mounts bolt to

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote:

The place the engine mounts bolt onto. Had to remove them when I put my long tubes on but I don't know if that place it bolts onto is fords definition of a frame because it isn't a full framed car or what I would claim to be full framed. Anyways yes where the motor mounts bolt to
Sorry motor mounts

Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Unibody?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

I was hoping that's what it wasn't but I think ur right

Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Anyone try the t56 magnum yet. If my transmission goes, that's what I'm planning on putting back in it.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom
Anyone try the t56 magnum yet. If my transmission goes, that's what I'm planning on putting back in it.
Can't remember which but either 5.0 or fast fords muscle mustangs actually did the swap and it's almost written as a general install guide

Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You could always go with an auto, I haven't heard terrible things about it, anybody?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
There is a guy on allfordmustangs that did the magnum swap and loves it. Zero issues with shifting but he didn't like how the gearing was so he has been experimenting with different rear end gears.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There is a guy on allfordmustangs that did the magnum swap and loves it. Zero issues with shifting but he didn't like how the gearing was so he has been experimenting with different rear end gears.
Yeah I've hard nothing but good for the autos. But it's a sports car I just could bring myself to buy an automatic. Now if I was going to put it on a strip and drag it then I'd go with an auto. I think tremec can build the trans to have the gear ratio of your choice but I'm not %100 certain.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
This is scary considering I'm thinking about getting one within the next couple of months
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
This is scary considering I'm thinking about getting one within the next couple of months
Yeah I'm always nervous about my tranny but I'll love the car!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
Well you know what you can expect, some have problems, some minor some major, while others are flawless. You always have a warrantee unless modding is your thing
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I prolly would have bought mine either if I new it was problematic. But mine has 22k and no problems YET. I really haven't had many problems since the skip shift feature has been removed. If you do get a manual go ahead and save for a Barton or mgw shifter. That's what I have planned for my next purchase.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I have an Mgw and have zero issues although I didn't have nearly the issues as some have described

Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #98
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah I've hard nothing but good for the autos. But it's a sports car I just could bring myself to buy an automatic. Now if I was going to put it on a strip and drag it then I'd go with an auto. I think tremec can build the trans to have the gear ratio of your choice but I'm not %100 certain.
Actually the magnum tremek makes to replace the mt82 is a manual trans. I don't know where you got the idea that it is an auto?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually the magnum tremek makes to replace the mt82 is a manual trans. I don't know where you got the idea that it is an auto?
I know they make one I was just wondering if someone has done the swap yet. I never said it was an auto I was responding to coyote414 comment asking me if I ever though about going with an auto.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #100
Road Trip!

Quote:

I know they make one I was just wondering if someone has done the swap yet. I never said it was an auto I was responding to coyote414 comment asking me if I ever though about going with an auto.
Hahaha well you quoted me and I wasn't talking about an auto.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is they a 6 speed?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darkside

Is they a 6 speed?
Meant is that a 6 speed?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darkside

Is they a 6 speed?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Meant is that a 6 speed?
Yes that tremec is a six speed manual

Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahaha well you quoted me and I wasn't talking about an auto.
Yeah your right I did quote you. I was trying to respond to two post at the same time. Carry on
Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a review of the 13 GT & they call it a budget Boss 302. His only hang up is the shifter. I can't wait to change mine and get rid of some of the sloppiness. After I have the dealership check out my problem with 1st gear
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Car is back on the lift again, as all parts have arrived. dealer claims they will be done by tomorrow night. Updates to follow.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT