Brembos to gt500s - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Brembos to gt500s

Have brembo pkg wheels and I really like them BUT I want some fatter tires on the back.. I was thinking about the 2010 gt500s 19's 8.5" front 10" rear.. Does anyone have this setup? I'm curious how the 10" looks in relation to the edge of the fender.. And what do y'all think about overall looks compared to my brembos?
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BossFiveOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 167
I have a 2011 5.0 with the brembo package. Went from the stock 255's all around to 275/40/19 all around on the same rim. Looks awesome. They sit close to the fender without rubbing or anything. I also have the car sitting on eibach pro kits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1815258345.jpg
Views:	1764
Size:	630.5 KB
ID:	50153
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh
I have a 2011 5.0 with the brembo package. Went from the stock 255's all around to 275/40/19 all around on the same rim. Looks awesome. They sit close to the fender without rubbing or anything. I also have the car sitting on eibach pro kits.
How do you like the hankooks... Overall compared to the pirellis.... Have a the brembo package and i will be needing rubber soon... Do the grip well? The price to me seems low compared to other companys
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
I guess I shoulda specified.. I already have 275/35s all around.. I want like a 305 rear though.. Otherwise I would be perfectly happy w my brembos.. I wish they made some aftermarket that we're 10"
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Untamed5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 295
Re: Brembos to gt500s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh View Post
I have a 2011 5.0 with the brembo package. Went from the stock 255's all around to 275/40/19 all around on the same rim. Looks awesome. They sit close to the fender without rubbing or anything. I also have the car sitting on eibach pro kits.

Attachment 50153
Looks great buddy. Was thinking about doing the same!
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BossFiveOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0

Looks great buddy. Was thinking about doing the same!
I appreciate it

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G

How do you like the hankooks... Overall compared to the pirellis.... Have a the brembo package and i will be needing rubber soon... Do the grip well? The price to me seems low compared to other companys
I like them a lot. I mean I'm making 440rwhp so I'm not gonna be hooking well on any street tire lol. But they do hook better than the Pirellis. I recommend them.
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Brembos to gt500s

Maybe this will help. I have the Brembo Package. This 19 x 10 in the rear are the current wheels I have on the Mustang now...19 x 9 up front. Check out my other pictures, should be some side shots.

__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
Maybe this will help. I have the Brembo Package. This 19 x 10 in the rear are the current wheels I have on the Mustang now...19 x 9 up front. Check out my other pictures, should be some side shots.
What wheels you have now?
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
11stanggt, on s197 a guy is trying to sell his wheels off his GT500.

I'm right there with ya bro, I want 10's in the rear too but I have the brembo wheels and they don't make them but one size...
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
11stanggt, on s197 a guy is trying to sell his wheels off his GT500.

I'm right there with ya bro, I want 10's in the rear too but I have the brembo wheels and they don't make them but one size...
Wish I could afford the Alcoa super snake wheels.. But they are WAY too much for me.. And not sure I want 20s.. I want black gt500s though.. I assume his are the anthracite or whatever it is?
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

What wheels you have now?
Forgestar F14 from AM
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Wish I could afford the Alcoa super snake wheels.. But they are WAY too much for me.. And not sure I want 20s.. I want black gt500s though.. I assume his are the anthracite or whatever it is?
Yea, could always paint them...

And yes, the Alcoa super snakes would be amazazing
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Yea, could always paint them...

And yes, the Alcoa super snakes would be amazazing
Ya but they're pretty cheap new.. Although factory wheels do generally balance out better...

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

What sizes are the factory 2010 gt500s? Are they staggered?
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
guzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 182
I have the SVT GT500 performance package rims and tires from a buddy's 2011 GT500. He only put a couple hundred miles on them and took them off. He didn't like the style. I love them. They really fill out the wheel well nice. They are 285/35r20 in back and 265/40r19 in front.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Brembos to gt500s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
What sizes are the factory 2010 gt500s? Are they staggered?
Yea, 19x9's and 10's. it's either 8.5 or 9 up front
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Untamed5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 295
Re: Brembos to gt500s

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzie View Post
I have the SVT GT500 performance package rims and tires from a buddy's 2011 GT500. He only put a couple hundred miles on them and took them off. He didn't like the style. I love them. They really fill out the wheel well nice. They are 285/35r20 in back and 265/40r19 in front.
Mmmmm 20's.... That's a pretty fat rear tire!
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.