Boss mid pipes? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Boss mid pipes?

Just a dumb question but what's different with the boss mid pipe than the gt? Besides the cutouts... will it bolt up to the gt headers and cat back?
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Boss mid pipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Just a dumb question but what's different with the boss mid pipe than the gt? Besides the cutouts... will it bolt up to the gt headers and cat back?
Just the side exit part afaik. I think it's a straight bolt-in.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well I want the cutouts so if that is true I will buy tonight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Racing Mustang GT Boss 302 Exhaust (11-13) M-5220-MB at LRS - Free Shipping!

Quote:
A simple bolt on installation, the kit includes left and ride side exhaust pipes, H-pipe section and hardware. The included exhaust restrictor plates are removable should a louder side exhaust note be desired.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Also:

Ford Racing Boss Style Mustang Side Exhaust and Midpipe (11-13 GT) M-5220-MB - Free Shipping!

Quote:
Reuses Stock Cats. The installation of the Ford Racing Boss 302 Quad Exhaust System does not require any cutting or welding, it just installs in place of the stock H-pipe, using your stock clamps. And best of all it reuses the factory catalytic converters saving you money.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I saw that but I want catless.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I saw that but I want catless.
You would need to replace the stock cats with a catless pipe or gut the stock cats then.

I think these should work, but not 100% sure.

BBK Mustang Off-Road Cat Delete Pipes (11-13 GT) 1674 - Free Shipping!
BBK Mustang Cat Delete Pipes (11-13 GT) 1674 at LRS - Free Shipping!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

You could probably do these with an offroad X from UPR or Lethal for much less ... if you're not set on the boss pipes.

QTP Electric Exhaust Cutouts
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well I don't need that pipe I just know there are catless h pipes for the boss just wondering if they will work
Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
Well I don't need that pipe I just know there are catless h pipes for the boss just wondering if they will work
The system is three pieces. Left cat, right cat, h pipe. The boss piece only replaces the h pipe, the offroad x and h pipes you see replace all three. The part I linked replaces the left and tight cat do you could bolt the boss h pipe up to it. Make sense?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I understand but that's too much money for me, I just thought they made off road h pipe for the boss that I could use for the gt but it was for kooks headers... I guess I will just get leathels h pipe and just weld in cut outs.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I understand but that's too much money for me, I just thought they made off road h pipe for the boss that I could use for the gt but it was for kooks headers... I guess I will just get leathels h pipe and just weld in cut outs.
Yeah, the boss pipe is hella expensive and it's not offroad. It's an OEM part.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

Why do you want cuts outs? I have heard a few Gt;s with them and they sounded like ****. The Boss still sounds good cause it has the cats and they way it is set up. Straight cut outs sounded bad to me. But hey that me.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Why do you want cuts outs? I have heard a few Gt;s with them and they sounded like ****. The Boss still sounds good cause it has the cats and they way it is set up. Straight cut outs sounded bad to me. But hey that me.
Have u heard any 4v with cutouts? I'm trying to add some electric cut outs to my exhaust but I want to know if it would sound good on a 4v motor. I did hear the 2v motors don't sound very good with cutouts. I haven't heard any and I honestly don't like YouTube. The sound quality sucks *** on YouTube
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
Have u heard any 4v with cutouts? I'm trying to add some electric cut outs to my exhaust but I want to know if it would sound good on a 4v motor. I did hear the 2v motors don't sound very good with cutouts. I haven't heard any and I honestly don't like YouTube. The sound quality sucks *** on YouTube
Old 05-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
The one I heard was way to loud. And sounded empty I guess you could say. It reminded me of a freaking Honda all that sound and no performance.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Maybe he's heard more than just gts. Whats so confusing???

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote:

The one I heard was way to loud. And sounded empty I guess you could say. It reminded me of a freaking Honda all that sound and no performance.
Oh ok. I think it would be pretty cool to have loud as hell when u want (I got descent performance to back it up) and quiet when u want all at the flip of a switch
Old 05-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Maybe he's heard more than just gts. Whats so confusing???

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Oh ok. I think it would be pretty cool to have loud as hell when u want (I got descent performance to back it up) and quiet when u want all at the flip of a switch
What performance to back it up?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What performance to back it up?
DESCENT performance. Not 1000hp or nothing. But I'm pushing about 460rwhp on my blown cobra. Only about 9 psi for now. But this summer when I forge out my lower end and Intercool and turn up the boost I'll hopefully be up at around 600-700hp I'm going to want to re do my exhaust since my pipes are all bent from my car scraping.(that's why I want to know about the cutout) rest of drive train is all basically stock. So I know I'll have to swap my tranny as soon as it goes. As for suspension wise performance Im lowered on Griggs racing coil overs and other Griggs racing parts that the last owner installed so I'm not too sure of exactly what it all is

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT