help me my 5.0 sounds like a rice burner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1

Region: Kansas
help me my 5.0 sounds like a rice burner

I just installed a bunch of mods controls arms, panhard bar, shifter, clutch stage three, flywheel, aluminum drive shaft, boss 302 intake, 90mm throttle body, jlt cold air intake, summinto wheel and tire set, accel coils and nitrious type spark plugs. But my problem is i also installed the bbk long tube headers and the catted shorty x pipe, which are all three inches so i just ran 3 inch pipe all the way out the back with some cherry bomb tips. The car really moves but i dont have the long i once had im ashamed to even drive it or embarassed. I sounds like a loud *** rice burn WTF. three inch pipe should of deepened the tone and made it sound awesome. But my friend says it sounds ricy because i need cross flow the x pipe, making it into a new x pipe and put some kind of a muffler on there, he says the rice burner sound is because there is no back pressure. If thats try i want to put some mid muffler glass packs I want to get that deep straight pipe sound and loud as hell. I either thinking between the good old cherry bombs or the high grade longer lasting magna flow glass packs. dont want axle backs cus the tips i got from cherry bomb are sweep and i dont want to waste the money. Please email me and tell me how to fix this. My car is all black out and fast as **** but sounds super gay. I dont even want to install the nitrous kit that i bought for it until it sounds right.
stoshjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Flowmaster.....end of story. Super 40's or 30's of you want bad *** loud ! I got super 40's on my 67 and the car sounds AMAZING.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: help me my 5.0 sounds like a rice burner

Get GT500 take offs and switch the tips over if possible. I'd say the cherry bombs are what give you the "rice" sound. How do you think it sounds? If you like it, then **** what you friend says. Can you take a video of it for us?
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #4

Region: Kansas

well i would give you a video but im deployed and the car is in storage and i hate the ricy sound it sounded better before i put all that **** on ill have to check out the flowmaster and the gt500 stuff thanks fellas, when i get a chance ill post a vid
stoshjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Agreed,cherry bombs probably doing you in.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

hushpower cat back with Lt's and x pipe. Be done. Also get the catted x pipe gutted

wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT