2013 will be the Way - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
2013 will be the Way

If they push the evo concept that was revealed in April, Beg borrow and steal to get a 2013 or 2014 if it still similar and it'll be worth some cash later. They are going to get a new line of younger interests, but destroy the muscle car aspect of it, it's euro and not muscle.

This could go two ways: Either it's publicized as what's really coming and too many people hate it as a Mustang and it becomes a Probe or whatever name and they continue the current Mustang progression. Or they go foward with it as a Mustang and many previous Mustang owners keep their old ones and it becomes a Mustang II debacle.

It's not that the currently released concept isn't really cool, it's just not a Mustang. A Mustang is not a low profile super car, or euro M5 BMW or 370Z, it's a muscle car plain and simple.

Make the new one, but sell it as a Fairlane or something. The next step after this will be good-bye to the V-8. It'll be some turbo 4 that you can't mod because it's already maxed out.

Bottomline the 2013 Boss 302 or GT500 may be the last of the awesome Mustangs for a while, it not forever.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
I COMPLETLY disagree with this post. The mustang is a muscle car in that its good power, long hood short deck, rwd, and affordable. I have to remind people all the time that the only mistang to be retro styled is the S197 cars. That's it. The mustang design has always been forward thinking. The v8 isn't going anywhere for the next generation at least. I think you will see a turbo 4 but so what?? The car must evolve or it will fade out and be gone. A 300+ hp ecoboost 4 is a sweet bade engine. A ecoboost 3.7 around 400 is awesome and a direct injection 500hp 5.0 v8 is almost too awesome to thinl about. The 3.7, 5.0, and 5.8 engines are all too new to be discontinued.

Furthermore the evos concept is a ford design family concept. It was never branded as a mustang concept. I think a lot of people will dislikse the new style but I'm ready for mustang to modernize amd shave some weight.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Re: 2013 will be the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
I COMPLETLY disagree with this post. The mustang is a muscle car in that its good power, long hood short deck, rwd, and affordable. I have to remind people all the time that the only mistang to be retro styled is the S197 cars. That's it. The mustang design has always been forward thinking. The v8 isn't going anywhere for the next generation at least. I think you will see a turbo 4 but so what?? The car must evolve or it will fade out and be gone. A 300+ hp ecoboost 4 is a sweet bade engine. A ecoboost 3.7 around 400 is awesome and a direct injection 500hp 5.0 v8 is almost too awesome to thinl about. The 3.7, 5.0, and 5.8 engines are all too new to be discontinued.

Furthermore the evos concept is a ford design family concept. It was never branded as a mustang concept. I think a lot of people will dislikse the new style but I'm ready for mustang to modernize amd shave some weight.
The concept they show in April doesn't have long hood or short deck and it has mustang badging. It has a long passenger compartment, it looks more like a Volvo. The 2013 has evolved from the initial new concept of the 2005 style. A turbo 4 is fine as an option, but not instead of a V8.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

The concept they show in April doesn't have long hood or short deck and it has mustang badging. It has a long passenger compartment, it looks more like a Volvo. The 2013 has evolved from the initial new concept of the 2005 style. A turbo 4 is fine as an option, but not instead of a V8.
That was not an official ford release. It was a photoshop done by an automotive site as speculation to generate site hits. Dont freak out. We wont know what the new mustang looks like untill ford unveils it. I would bet that it will look more like a puffed up v8 vantage.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Re: 2013 will be the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
That was not an official ford release. It was a photoshop done by an automotive site as speculation to generate site hits. Dont freak out. We wont know what the new mustang looks like untill ford unveils it. I would bet that it will look more like a puffed up v8 vantage.
Nobody is freaking out. It's not an official ford release, but it's a trial balloon to get feedback. That's exactly how the whole Probe thing started, it was going to replace the mustang. Ford needs to keep winning the performance and HP war vs. Camaro and Challenger, not go eco green. More mpg is great but it's not supposed to be a prius.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:48 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.