Boss intake and LT's ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
OrganDonor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 133
Boss intake and LT's ?

BOSS 302 Intake Manifold - M-9424-M50BR

Just seen this add posted on another thread, BOSS Intake $399

Here is what i got, Roush A/B's and CAI. Bamma 93R tune for life.
I have JBA ceramic coated LT's and high flo catted xpipe. sitting on livingroom floor just waiting to be installed.

How would this setup do on a 5.0 that is pretty much stock like mine? would all be installed at a great shop. Think i would keep the Bamma 93 tune just in case the #8 cylinder takes a dump.

It is a daily driver, but i drive it fun, turn heads. what kind of numbers should i see with the headers? and how much should i see if i went with both, the headers and Boss intake?
__________________
2014 Shelby GT500...

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Every dyno is different. The big shops make about 430-440whp with LT's, no cats, boss intake, cold air, drive shaft, bigs, little's, and a dyno tune. Some have seen as low as 420 and others as high as 464whp. Using Bama tune you will be on lower side of that.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
How would this setup do on a 5.0 that is pretty much stock like mine? would all be installed at a great shop. Think i would keep the Bamma 93 tune just in case the #8 cylinder takes a dump.

[/QUOTE]

Bama tune doesnt void the warranty?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
How would this setup do on a 5.0 that is pretty much stock like mine? would all be installed at a great shop. Think i would keep the Bamma 93 tune just in case the #8 cylinder takes a dump.
Bama tune doesnt void the warranty?[/QUOTE]

Bama tune it self will warranty it if the 8 cylinder fails not the dealer or ford
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Boss intake and LT's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
BOSS 302 Intake Manifold - M-9424-M50BR

Just seen this add posted on another thread, BOSS Intake $399

Here is what i got, Roush A/B's and CAI. Bamma 93R tune for life.
I have JBA ceramic coated LT's and high flo catted xpipe. sitting on livingroom floor just waiting to be installed.

How would this setup do on a 5.0 that is pretty much stock like mine? would all be installed at a great shop. Think i would keep the Bamma 93 tune just in case the #8 cylinder takes a dump.

It is a daily driver, but i drive it fun, turn heads. what kind of numbers should i see with the headers? and how much should i see if i went with both, the headers and Boss intake?
I found this last week and I called LRS to see if they would price match. They said that they cannot as there was a price increase on April 1st and because they have bought more intakes from FRPP since then, they have to sell them based on the new price they bought them at. Brian (the very kind salesman at LRS, there is no sarcasm in that at all) told me that it is likely that buyfordracing.com probably still has old stock they bought before the price increase and that he could not sell it to me for that low.

My point is THESE PRICES WILL GO UP!!!! buy one now before the standard market price is $6-700 dollars
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
American muscle DOES price match and you still get free shipping.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
So does LRS but they told me that they would have to sell it below their cost if they went that low. I don't know that AM would sell it below their cost, but I didn't ask either.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
OrganDonor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 133
Re: Boss intake and LT's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Every dyno is different. The big shops make about 430-440whp with LT's, no cats, boss intake, cold air, drive shaft, bigs, little's, and a dyno tune. Some have seen as low as 420 and others as high as 464whp. Using Bama tune you will be on lower side of that.
Thanks, Think i'll get one and have them installed at the same time.
__________________
2014 Shelby GT500...

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
coyote414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 218
Every honest shop will steer you away from the boss manifold unless your going FI or some spray, I went to the dyno day today and a few 5.0s had the boss manifold and made 416 and 417 hp with catless exhaust, cai and tune to go with it, I personally made 430 with the same bolt ons minus the boss manifold, and the power under the curve was more impressive, all manual btw
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake and LT's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414 View Post
Every honest shop will steer you away from the boss manifold unless your going FI or some spray, I went to the dyno day today and a few 5.0s had the boss manifold and made 416 and 417 hp with catless exhaust, cai and tune to go with it, I personally made 430 with the same bolt ons minus the boss manifold, and the power under the curve was more impressive, all manual btw
Its all in the tuning. And that is the issue. Most run ****ty tunes with t he boss intake and don't spin the engine high enough. Also what bolt ons did you make 430wh with with out a Boss. Cause the two fastest n/A cars in the country run the boss. So it is proven to perform. Oh and both them cars only make around 430whp with full bolt ons and perfect dialed in dyno/street tunes. Sounds like you went to a happy dyno.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.