Boss intake and LT's ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Boss intake and LT's ?

BOSS 302 Intake Manifold - M-9424-M50BR

Just seen this add posted on another thread, BOSS Intake $399

Here is what i got, Roush A/B's and CAI. Bamma 93R tune for life.
I have JBA ceramic coated LT's and high flo catted xpipe. sitting on livingroom floor just waiting to be installed.

How would this setup do on a 5.0 that is pretty much stock like mine? would all be installed at a great shop. Think i would keep the Bamma 93 tune just in case the #8 cylinder takes a dump.

It is a daily driver, but i drive it fun, turn heads. what kind of numbers should i see with the headers? and how much should i see if i went with both, the headers and Boss intake?

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Every dyno is different. The big shops make about 430-440whp with LT's, no cats, boss intake, cold air, drive shaft, bigs, little's, and a dyno tune. Some have seen as low as 420 and others as high as 464whp. Using Bama tune you will be on lower side of that.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How would this setup do on a 5.0 that is pretty much stock like mine? would all be installed at a great shop. Think i would keep the Bamma 93 tune just in case the #8 cylinder takes a dump.

[/QUOTE]

Bama tune doesnt void the warranty?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
Bama tune doesnt void the warranty?[/QUOTE]

Bama tune it self will warranty it if the 8 cylinder fails not the dealer or ford

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: Boss intake and LT's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
BOSS 302 Intake Manifold - M-9424-M50BR

Just seen this add posted on another thread, BOSS Intake $399

Here is what i got, Roush A/B's and CAI. Bamma 93R tune for life.
I have JBA ceramic coated LT's and high flo catted xpipe. sitting on livingroom floor just waiting to be installed.

It is a daily driver, but i drive it fun, turn heads. what kind of numbers should i see with the headers? and how much should i see if i went with both, the headers and Boss intake?
I found this last week and I called LRS to see if they would price match. They said that they cannot as there was a price increase on April 1st and because they have bought more intakes from FRPP since then, they have to sell them based on the new price they bought them at. Brian (the very kind salesman at LRS, there is no sarcasm in that at all) told me that it is likely that buyfordracing.com probably still has old stock they bought before the price increase and that he could not sell it to me for that low.

My point is THESE PRICES WILL GO UP!!!! buy one now before the standard market price is $6-700 dollars

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
American muscle DOES price match and you still get free shipping.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
So does LRS but they told me that they would have to sell it below their cost if they went that low. I don't know that AM would sell it below their cost, but I didn't ask either.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Every dyno is different. The big shops make about 430-440whp with LT's, no cats, boss intake, cold air, drive shaft, bigs, little's, and a dyno tune. Some have seen as low as 420 and others as high as 464whp. Using Bama tune you will be on lower side of that.
Thanks, Think i'll get one and have them installed at the same time.

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Every honest shop will steer you away from the boss manifold unless your going FI or some spray, I went to the dyno day today and a few 5.0s had the boss manifold and made 416 and 417 hp with catless exhaust, cai and tune to go with it, I personally made 430 with the same bolt ons minus the boss manifold, and the power under the curve was more impressive, all manual btw
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414 View Post
Every honest shop will steer you away from the boss manifold unless your going FI or some spray, I went to the dyno day today and a few 5.0s had the boss manifold and made 416 and 417 hp with catless exhaust, cai and tune to go with it, I personally made 430 with the same bolt ons minus the boss manifold, and the power under the curve was more impressive, all manual btw
Its all in the tuning. And that is the issue. Most run ****ty tunes with t he boss intake and don't spin the engine high enough. Also what bolt ons did you make 430wh with with out a Boss. Cause the two fastest n/A cars in the country run the boss. So it is proven to perform. Oh and both them cars only make around 430whp with full bolt ons and perfect dialed in dyno/street tunes. Sounds like you went to a happy dyno.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT