P0135 o2 error - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
P0135 o2 error

Well I am stumped. I have a tune from John lund and bbk LT. Anyway I have tried replacing the o2 sensor and verified everything is plugged in and I even electrical taped sealed and when I drive after clearing the code the check engine light stays off but after I shut it off and start it back up again n hit the throttle it comes back on. My only guess is the o2 sensor wiring harness to the cars computer but it doesn't really make much sense. Anyway does anyone have any ideas
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
I'm taking this is the front o2's.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Code?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
P0135-o2 heater error

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I'm taking this is the front o2's.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Code?
Yes it is the passenger side o2 sensor coming off the header

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I'm taking this is the front o2's.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Code?
Yes it is the passenger side o2 sensor coming off the header
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
No header leak?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Nope nothing that I can tell I drew them down tight and I am not losing back pressure abywhere
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
Nope nothing that I can tell I drew them down tight and I am not losing back pressure abywhere
From what found says check ground in plug.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 72
Re: P0135 o2 error

possable exhoust leak or O2 heater wireing
Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I will check the wiring n the ground in the plug tomorrow. The o2 harness actually runs down the passenger side of the trans n we fiddled a lot in there to mount the aluminum drive shaft, may have disconnected something in there. I will also block up the car and start up the car to listen to the exhaust. Trying to be thorough before throwing the job to the shop
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 16
check connector plugs the clip don't clip like it use too that happened to me geting 0135 0136
pepitochulo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepitochulo69
check connector plugs the clip don't clip like it use too that happened to me geting 0135 0136
I will check that out as well thanks
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Alright so I took the car to the most respected shop in the area and found out the issues with my o2 sensor and my horn. First the o2 sensir heater fault was because of a bad connection in my harness extender. The explanation I got from them is the heater has to heat up to 500 degrees before the sensor can read appropriately which is something I didn't know. The other thing is when we were pulling my car in and out of the garage due to space limitations in the shop I turned on the steering wheel a little too hard snapping the steering column spring which shorted out my left side of the steering wheel controls and shorted my horn out. Anyway the spring comes in Thursday and I am going to call the dyno shop tomorrow to verify my appointment is still available. After all this I will be just left with my gauges to finish up. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong cones to mind in this situation, but the headache is almost over and the fun is about to begin.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: P0135 o2 error

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Alright so I took the car to the most respected shop in the area and found out the issues with my o2 sensor and my horn. First the o2 sensir heater fault was because of a bad connection in my harness extender. The explanation I got from them is the heater has to heat up to 500 degrees before the sensor can read appropriately which is something I didn't know. The other thing is when we were pulling my car in and out of the garage due to space limitations in the shop I turned on the steering wheel a little too hard snapping the steering column spring which shorted out my left side of the steering wheel controls and shorted my horn out. Anyway the spring comes in Thursday and I am going to call the dyno shop tomorrow to verify my appointment is still available. After all this I will be just left with my gauges to finish up. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong cones to mind in this situation, but the headache is almost over and the fun is about to begin.
O2 extensions have caused problems in almost every single Coyote that has used them. They just don't play nicely with the wideband sensors.

Sounds like you were talking about the rear O2s btw, not the fronts as indicated earlier. You can take the extensions off and just pull the clip out of the trans which will give you enough room to hook them up normally.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I was talking about the forward ones bud. In the explanation I received from a couple sources is the ones located in the x pipe are receivers and they really dont matter anyway because they get secured with an aftermarket tune on a header x pipe combination. Agreed though that extenders are the bane of my existence. Especially since I ordered a replacement set because I doubted the first set when one of them slipped from its planned location and melted off the clip against my headers. Now I just have to wait until this steering column spring comes in. Caution to whoever reads this do not steer ur car without the car started. I still can't believe I snapped that just steering the car as we were pushing it out
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: P0135 o2 error

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
I was talking about the forward ones bud. In the explanation I received from a couple sources is the ones located in the x pipe are receivers and they really dont matter anyway because they get secured with an aftermarket tune on a header x pipe combination. Agreed though that extenders are the bane of my existence. Especially since I ordered a replacement set because I doubted the first set when one of them slipped from its planned location and melted off the clip against my headers. Now I just have to wait until this steering column spring comes in. Caution to whoever reads this do not steer ur car without the car started. I still can't believe I snapped that just steering the car as we were pushing it out
Crazy, I don't think I've ever heard of people using extensions for the front O2 sensors. Not sure if there is anything you can do up there for more slack, but hopefully someone else with LTs can chime in.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Yeah shouldn't be a concern now because whatever work this shop does has a two year 20000 mile warranty so if it breaks again it's free. I just think that was my one bonehead mistake out of the whole sc headers n aluminum drive shaft install
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.