Boss 302.... RS lol - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Boss 302.... RS lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
UCA? Don't recognize the acronym sorry. Yeah new a Armstrong bmr meant for lowered mustangs and steeds anti sways, trying to reach that 1g mark on the skidpad but I am probably going to need more rubber to the road as well
Upper Control Arm.
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What's everyone's thoughts about cobra badges on non cobra cars? I've seen that done a lot and feel it's on the same lines as that Lightning Expedition.
Derek Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Upper Control Arm.
Got it yeah I just don't know how I feel about them, they just don't seem like they have much benefit over the stock ones LCAs do, an amazing difference. What benefits have u found in ur research?

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Armstrong View Post
What's everyone's thoughts about cobra badges on non cobra cars? I've seen that done a lot and feel it's on the same lines as that Lightning Expedition.
Don't do it. It's lame. I hate fauxbras

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Got it yeah I just don't know how I feel about them, they just don't seem like they have much benefit over the stock ones LCAs do, an amazing difference. What benefits have u found in ur research?
Additional wheelhop reduction, increased traction, correction of the pinion angle from lowering the car.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Armstrong
U would be braving it bud. Some people like them others don't. I personally don't care one way or the other with clones as long as they are just that a clone of what the cobra looks like that year. If you just throw the emblems on it there are no bonus points.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Don't do it. It's lame. I hate fauxbras

Additional wheelhop reduction, increased traction, correction of the pinion angle from lowering the car.
Sounds like another upgrade for lowered cars I will add that to my list as well

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

U would be braving it bud. Some people like them others don't. I personally don't care one way or the other with clones as long as they are just that a clone of what the cobra looks like that year. If you just throw the emblems on it there are no bonus points.
No sir, I have no plans for it lol. I'd be on the side that can't appreciate it. Just asking because, like you said, some do. I think if it's acceptable, why not allow a Boss RS?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I would say because the one that is labeled an rs originally has a roll cage and is a full autocross addition. The one that started this thread looks like an out of place sticker smacked on the side if the car. Besides a cobra is an actual model of mustang. If it wasnt fit one fully race modded boss what would a fake boss with rs in the side really be mimicking?

Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would say because the one that is labeled an rs originally has a roll cage and is a full autocross addition. The one that started this thread looks like an out of place sticker smacked on the side if the car. Besides a cobra is an actual model of mustang. If it wasnt fit one fully race modded boss what would a fake boss with rs in the side really be mimicking?
A car that is not.....plain and simple. Just my opinion. If it's a complete clone then cool.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
I have a Boss 302 hat.. which I dont wear because I dont have a BOSS 302. Like an ugly chick wearing a shirt that says "HOTTIE" .... It is freaking false advertising and SHOULD be punishable by a good a$$ kickin'
Not really. I have a boss 392 manifold in my 11 GT and by no means an I trying to make it a boss. It's just a hell of a manifold. And I might do the front end of a boss also.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Question for you all... a 2012 v6 with boss 227 badges... hot or not? I'm thinking about doing it I will be Modding the car to be a road course racer so it would be lowered better sus better brakes etc. Would this be "unholy" to the boss name?
Lmao. Please dont
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

[QUOTE=BossFiveOh;1158343]Not really. I have a boss 392 manifold in my 11 GT and by no means an I trying to make it a boss. It's just a hell of a manifold. And I might do the front end of a boss also.[COLOR="Silver"]

My point is made then........ if it is NOT a BOSS, then dont advertise it so. You have the Boss Manifold, doesn't make it a BOSS and you dont advertise as such. I have a Saleen Grill, no where on my car does it say Saleen.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Armstrong

A car that is not.....plain and simple. Just my opinion. If it's a complete clone then cool.
Yes I don't follow on this debate. Complete and solid clones are great they make it into magazines because they are respectable. Plain Jane slap me a cobra emblem on a v6 because I think it's cool or I believe it will increase my horsepower not so much.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh

Not really. I have a boss 302 manifold in my 11 GT and by no means an I trying to make it a boss. It's just a hell of a manifold. And I might do the front end of a boss also.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Lmao. Please dont
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes I don't follow on this debate. Complete and solid clones are great they make it into magazines because they are respectable. Plain Jane slap me a cobra emblem on a v6 because I think it's cool or I believe it will increase my horsepower not so much.
Lol I think we're pushing the same point and didn't realize it. I was just asking for a general opinion here on Cobra badges.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #49
Road Trip!

I don't care clone or some one just slapping on a badge. Its not the real thing. Still faking the funk.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I don't care clone or some one just slapping on a badge. Its not the real thing. Still faking the funk.
I hear ya on the funk but there are cases where i'd definitely go the clone route. Best example is the new issue of muscle mustangs that features a Cobra Jet clone. Street legal and runs 10s, how crazy would that look at a stop light?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
This
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Armstrong View Post
I hear ya on the funk but there are cases where i'd definitely go the clone route. Best example is the new issue of muscle mustangs that features a Cobra Jet clone. Street legal and runs 10s, how crazy would that look at a stop light?
Why I have a regular 5.0 that runs 10's. Didn't need a clone to do it. And if was a real clone it would run 9's or even 8's as most CJ's do.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

That's fantastic that you're hitting 10's....this guy wanted a Cobra Jet though. Can't drive it on the street so what do you do?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT