UPR off road X question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
UPR off road X question

Looking at ordering and installing the UPR O/R X-pipe.My question is....I have a Borla S type catback with X.Will the UPR bolt up to my setup after I remove my current X-pipe? Anybody used one on this same exhaust?I love the sound now.The best I ever heard on these new 5.0's but I realize sound will change.Will it be sweet or not as much? I want the 18-20HP but don,t want it to sound not so good as is.Do not mind it a bit louder although it does not need any more noise.I thought about just getting BBK cat deletes and use my current X but I hear they usually dont just bolt up like they say and have to be welded.Thoughts??
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Looking at ordering and installing the UPR O/R X-pipe.My question is....I have a Borla S type catback with X.Will the UPR bolt up to my setup after I remove my current X-pipe? Anybody used one on this same exhaust?I love the sound now.The best I ever heard on these new 5.0's but I realize sound will change.Will it be sweet or not as much? I want the 18-20HP but don,t want it to sound not so good as is.Do not mind it a bit louder although it does not need any more noise.I thought about just getting BBK cat deletes and use my current X but I hear they usually dont just bolt up like they say and have to be welded.Thoughts??
it will be loud real loud. but it will sound good. and yes it will fit just fine
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: UPR off road X question

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Either way, you're going to end up with an exhaust that shakes the heavens. I have the UPR x-pipe and their LCAs. I love their products and their support is top notch. Make sure you get the forum discount (they're on S197, AFM, MF and a few others but not here).
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I had a lethal x, borla s, and my roush blower and it was too loud. Put the gt 500s on and now it's perfect. That setup is LOUD. Just b ready for that
2012 GT Premium/Black/6sp/Brembo Pkg/20" Foose Speeds/16%Tint/Letheal OR-X/GT500 Exhaust/FR K Springs/Roush TVS SC/JLT CAI/VMP 82mm Pulley/GT500 Front/Black Mamba Hood/MGW Shifter/Stallion Suspension LCAs and Panhard bar
Kystang615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

here is my buddys 5.0 with offroad x and borla stingers.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Either way, you're going to end up with an exhaust that shakes the heavens. I have the UPR x-pipe and their LCAs. I love their products and their support is top notch. Make sure you get the forum discount (they're on S197, AFM, MF and a few others but not here).
Are you getting pulled over in it any?I only drive mine occassionally,and only get in it deep in safe areas.Hope it will be OK.You car has come a long way man.Looks good!I got to put on my BMR LCA's too.Good solid ends but I know the NVH is gonna shock me.Gonna sell some OEM 19'' brembos wheels to help pay for some of these mods.Looking to buy some 18's for DR,but stick with my 19'' drifts for now on DD.I have 5 of the OEM wheels for sale too.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

here is my buddys 5.0 with offroad x and borla stingers.
Sounded good man!.Like to hear how much louder the idle is
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 05-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Are you getting pulled over in it any?I only drive mine occassionally,and only get in it deep in safe areas.Hope it will be OK.You car has come a long way man.Looks good!I got to put on my BMR LCA's too.Good solid ends but I know the NVH is gonna shock me.Gonna sell some OEM 19'' brembos wheels to help pay for some of these mods.Looking to buy some 18's for DR,but stick with my 19'' drifts for now on DD.I have 5 of the OEM wheels for sale too.
Thanks! I haven't gotten pulled over yet (knock on wood), but they aren't too bad about it. I'm going to be pretty ****ty if they do try to get me for a noise ordnance violation and I wasn't romping on it, my car is no louder than a Harley from the factory, and that would be my defense. Trying to sell my OEM wheels too ... good luck on yours, the Brembos should fetch a good price.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I highly doubt you're going to get 20hp from an xpipe
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh
20 is on the high end, but not totally unheard of. Those stock cats are the most restrictive part of the exhaust.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh View Post
Off Road X Has proven such #'s

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT