New '13 GT ordered - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
New '13 GT ordered

Hello Mustang fans, Ordered my '13 GTpremium Blk/blk, 6MT, 3.55 and so on, 5-1/2 weeks ago and no dealer calls as of yet! The wait is killing me, even after just the first week!
Just like to know if there are any other '13 orders out there and how long you have been waiting or waited for Vin#, Sticker, Delivery etc.
My anxiety is killing me. I stay on the internet looking at aftermarket toys and goodies just to keep my mind occupied and not on the phone call I am not receiving from the dealer!!
I read that there was a huge Chemical Plant explosion in Germany that might affect some American car manufacturers production output, but nothing about Ford. I really hope not.
Anyway, any input would be appreciated and I will keep you posted as to my progress as well. Take care for now! Oh by the way-MY 1st Mustang/Ford
Thank You guys,
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: New '13 GT ordered

Lots of other people are feeling the same way as you. Others are having to wait 2-3 months until theirs is done so it sounds like Ford is pretty backed up with orders. I hope your anxiety doesn't kill you knowing it will be a few months lol. Just keep thinking of how worth it it will be.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Soccerluvr4, I feel just a little more relaxed knowing many others are in the same boat as I am. Still, that is the single thing that occupies my mind all day. When will I take delivery.
I have already ordered and paid for hood struts, Steeda Cai-tune, license plate frames, etc, etc, and spent countless hours trying to find a custom license plate that has not already been taken.
I tired from it all. All I want to do is drive this bad boy. My first Mustang GT.

Thanks so much guys and girls, Greg3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Mine only took 4 weeks to arrive, a long 4 weeks though. Seems like mine has been the fastest through assembly. My buddy ordered his same time and still hasn't received.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Woodga16, I guess I need a chill pill or something. What's worse is I have too much time on my hands. Waiting on Comp for Knee surgery, so sitting and waiting. Anyway the best part is my girl does-not nor could she ever want to learn to drive 6MT. Thank You!!
Take it easy and talk to you soon..........

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Oh, the way!! I hope I did the right thing by ordering the 3.55 gears. My first StangGT and I went in the middle to be safe. Pleasure and of course some fun driving this beauty,but that's about it. I will get the CAI and tune and stop there!!!!

Thanks for all your input guys!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
If youve done your research you probably already know this but tuning will more than likely void your factory warranty..
Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm on week 4 of my wait for my 13 gt. I know how you feel. I am not a patient person. I want to burn some rubber!
Mylo0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago, and got the call Monday with the VIN, looks like the build is scheduled for next week, and from there who knows how long before its shipped to NJ.
I ordered base GT, automatic, Brembo Brakes, and Recaro seats, Deep Impact Blue.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

ordered a GT premium conv. 5 weeks ago got VIN last week & was told she was built yesterday . still can't figure out how to track or get biuld sheet
Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ordered my GT Feb. 18th and it finally is in production next week with delivery in early June. Ran into problems with allocations and Brembo brakes out of stock.

GT Premium
6 Speed Manual
GT Track Package
Comfort Package
401A Charcoal / Grabber Blue Accent Interior
Coupe Accessory Package 1
Deep Impact Blue
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
maltesefalcon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Good Luck to all you guys who are in the same boat. I hope you all get your dream mobiles soon, but I hope I get mine first LOL!!! All kidding aside, I am theee most impatient and easily frustrated man on the planet so I hope mine gets here without much further delay. I have Emailed my dealer person lady twice today with no response. I guess when the contract is ready my Email and 2 phone numbers will be ringing off the hook. She was so sweet at the time of the sale though. Go figure?? As for burning rubber, have your priced those Perelli's recently. I will lay low and just chirp around for awhile.
By the way I have purchased the Michelin Pilot Sport Ultra High Performance A/S Plus tires for my other car 3x so far and swearrrrr by them! Low noise, long wear, smooth ride and handle in wet and dry. Lighttttt snow, OK. Check out reviews on TireRack. I live in the North. Not for the GT 5.0 though. I think this baby deserves and should have the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 or the Michelin Pilot SuperSport tires. I read that these Super Sports are the best tires on the Planet.

Anyway, Again, I wish you all Good Luck with your new wheels and enjoy to the fullest. WHEN!!!!!

Greg 3
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon19
Ordered my GT Feb. 18th and it finally is in production next week with delivery in early June. Ran into problems with allocations and Brembo brakes out of stock.

GT Premium
6 Speed Manual
GT Track Package
Comfort Package
401A Charcoal / Grabber Blue Accent Interior
Coupe Accessory Package 1
Deep Impact Blue
Dam I feel for ya. Thats a while to wait. I ordered early Feb & got it at the end of April, 2 months after production started, but I had no Brembos holding it up. Like the OP said, all I could think about for the entire wait was my Mustang. It is worth every second but def happy I can finally move on to other things!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Lugnut, I am sick and just want to go to bed and fall asleep after reading you reply. Why Me!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #14

Region: Texas
Ordered my gt conv 2 weeks ago and already cannot stand the wait!!! The dealer said the entire process is taking about 8 weeks. Hopefully we will all get our new babies very soon! I for one am spending entirely too much time and money researching/buying parts for a car that's probably nowhere near its delivery date. It's all I can think about!!!
Stangfreak0718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Get some sleep Ya'll (hope I spelled that correctly)!! I know, I can't sleep either!

Well good night to all...

Greg3
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Yea, I have some GT500 muffler's just waiting to be put on. Sweet Mustang dreams !
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
maltesefalcon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #17

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Lots of other people are feeling the same way as you. Others are having to wait 2-3 months until theirs is done so it sounds like Ford is pretty backed up with orders. I hope your anxiety doesn't kill you knowing it will be a few months lol. Just keep thinking of how worth it it will be.
It will not be a few months. 4-5 weeks is as long as it should take. Production has ramped up now, they are getting them done pretty quick.

OP, I ordered mine 4/9 and took delivery 5/16 (5 weeks, 2 days).
tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Tenfifteen (You Called It on the Head) and all you crazy mustang fans out there,

I GOT IT !!!

WELL, I got my Vin# that is!!

My '13 Blk/Blk-Mustang GT/Premium order was put in on Monday April 16, 2012 - I finally got my VIN# and Window Sticker/Build Date on May 24, 2012! 5 WEEKS and 3 DAYS I think.

The build date was 5/15/12

I am besides myself for sure. The sweet dealer lady me told that my Black Beauty is actually being transported this minute and it should be here very soon. I gave her my Insurance agent number(whom I already worked out the insurance details with), I also gave her instructions to DO NOT put on a dealer sticker onto that black paint. She is also not going to drill the front bumper (license plate frame) and only the top two hole in the rear bumper for plate install as per my request. She is a sweetheart and seems genuinely just as excited as I am.

NO Brembo Pack, so maybe that helped make it sooner than later.

Anyway, I will keep you all in touch and hope you get yours just as soon if not sooner.

Take care and happy cruising!

Greg3
Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats man, I got my called today as well. My 13gt should be here on Tuesday. 4 1/2 weeks well worth I hope. Now just need to order the roush cai and axle backs, tint and stripes!
Mylo0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats to you too Mylo0280, I am now excited for everybody out there.
8 Brand new Car deliveries in my life and NONE have been more exciting or nerve racking. Can-not wait another minute man. Hope it meets all your dreams you guys!

My girlfriend thinks I am nuts. She has no idea???

As Bruce Willis likes to say: Yippie Ki Yay and the saying goes.

Looking to hearing from all you guys in the future and GOOD WISHES TO ALL!!

GREG3
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
Hey Tenfifteen (You Called It on the Head) and all you crazy mustang fans out there,

I GOT IT !!!

WELL, I got my Vin# that is!!

My '13 Blk/Blk-Mustang GT/Premium order was put in on Monday April 16, 2012 - I finally got my VIN# and Window Sticker/Build Date on May 24, 2012! 5 WEEKS and 3 DAYS I think.

The build date was 5/15/12

I am besides myself for sure. The sweet dealer lady me told that my Black Beauty is actually being transported this minute and it should be here very soon. I gave her my Insurance agent number(whom I already worked out the insurance details with), I also gave her instructions to DO NOT put on a dealer sticker onto that black paint. She is also not going to drill the front bumper (license plate frame) and only the top two hole in the rear bumper for plate install as per my request. She is a sweetheart and seems genuinely just as excited as I am.

NO Brembo Pack, so maybe that helped make it sooner than later.

Anyway, I will keep you all in touch and hope you get yours just as soon if not sooner.

Take care and happy cruising!

Greg3
Grats. RE: The bolded part, I don't think that had anything to do with it. There was some early word that cars with either Track pack or Recaros were being delayed, but mine went through without a hitch (no Recaros, but it has the Track Pack).
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #22

Region: South Carolina

I didn't have to order mine I just walked into ford and bought mine off the show room floor! No waiting
fivepointslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Guy I work with ordered his boss and took two and a half months for delivery
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I got mine in 7 weeks and 2 days. Well worth the wait... congrats in advance! You're gonna LOVE it!
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Congratulations and Good Luck, It's now 8 days since I got my Vin#, Sticker. The build date was 5/15/2013 according to the sticker.

I hope they call me in time to see it come of the truck so I can take picture/video and post.

I'm excited for you! Have a great time with it..

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

OH, by the way. If yu can do me one favor and let me know what some of you guys and girls got for you financing interest rate. I know they will be different according to you credit scores and so forth, but I would like to know if anyone is getting their advertised 5.9% rate or better.
This will give me an idea of how better to negotiate mine.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
Congratulations and Good Luck, It's now 8 days since I got my Vin#, Sticker. The build date was 5/15/2013 according to the sticker.

I hope they call me in time to see it come of the truck so I can take picture/video and post.

I'm excited for you! Have a great time with it..

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

OH, by the way. If yu can do me one favor and let me know what some of you guys and girls got for you financing interest rate. I know they will be different according to you credit scores and so forth, but I would like to know if anyone is getting their advertised 5.9% rate or better.
This will give me an idea of how better to negotiate mine.
2.99 here. Suntrust beat the rate I had with USAA by a tenth. I've seen 2.79 as well. These are all for 60 mo.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen
2.99 here. Suntrust beat the rate I had with USAA by a tenth. I've seen 2.79 as well. These are all for 60 mo.
2.79 thru Citadel FCU for 60 months
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I really appreciate you guys taking the time early in the morning and probably getting ready for work too. I will need this info if I am displeased with the rate my dealer gives me.
She said they are holding off till the last minute which should get me the most favorable rates. Who knows what's up their sleeves. I can only hope.
My Harley Davidson is a whopping 12.9%/84months, Yeah, you heard that right. They are crooks anyway. Especially with all their merchandise that are allll made in third world countrys.

Besides me being all disgruntled, Thanks a million for coming through guys, because I really feel today or Friday I will get the call to come in and pick her up. I will keep you posted!!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!
Hey Guys, I finally got the long awaited call from dealer. The '13 GT is sitting there at the dealer waiting for me to come and pick her up. Never got that chance to take those picks coming off the truck. They still have to prep, so I will probably just give her a hug today and pick her up tonight or tomorrow. Still money matters, so probably tomorrow.
I am sooo excited and nervous I can't even eat my breakfast. Just want to get over there. Only 4 miles to dealer.

Talk later, maybe picks
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Man I got a 1.99% interest rate on 2011 and it was used. But my credit score is in the high 700s and low 800s. Not bad for a 25 year old. But at first I left the dealership after waiting 45 minutes. They kinda freaked out I guess, then they called me back about 30 minutes later. Don't let them screw you sometimes you just got to bluff.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Such a deal you got. What an unbelievable credit score too. Especially these days after all thats happened to the economy, jobs and the banks not lending a dime to anyone. I wish you luck and congrats.
I just got my '13 GT/premium today posted on this site earlier with a 4.64 interest rate. Odd #, but that's what I got. Credit Score in the very low 700's. Bankruptcy (divorce) 4 years ago, but worked my heart out and broke my back for 4 years to build it back up.
Anyway take care and I hope I can get back into the 775-800 score in a few more years (It's a great feeling). I used to be way up there until again as they say ("It's Cheaper to Keep Her"...
Later

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Yeah Hi again, Thanks so much for coming through with those car loan interest rates this morning. I did get that call today and picked up my new car and I fussed about the rates and they really tried hard to get me the best rate with my credit score in the very low 700's which she did say was very good. Well, I got a 4.64 interest rate. Yes, a 4.64 and I am happy and relieved, because I thought it could have been higher.

As for the new car. I am still wired and could not be a happier camper. I am In love again. My girl is of course jealous and a little frustrated, because I already spent 5 hours with it outside and skipped dinner.

Thanks again for you help! Very appreciated!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats! I would of been in the same boat, but it was meant for me to have my car, as I was leaving a new shipment was coming in and the color, and options i wanted were all there.
CoyoteAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I just want to say, Congratulations and Good Luck to everyone on this Mustang Revolution Forum and to all Mustang Fans.
This is my first Mustang and I think I will go out with a Mustang for sure. LOve, LOve, LOve this automobile. Unbelievable car. That Electronics Pack and Shaker Pro Audio are blowing me away every time I turn the key. We don't even have to discuss the sound and power of the engine. My heart racers every single time I turn that one little ignition key. I will say it again, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Take Care All...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT