TPMS Display in 2013? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #1

Region: Texas
TPMS Display in 2013?

Any 2013 owners -

Although I personally do not like TPMS, do you at least get the option in the 4.2" screen to view individual tire pressures? That would be at least be some compensation for government-mandated hardware...
Twinarrow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #2

Region: Maryland
Re: TPMS Display in 2013?

Unfortunately, no. I don't "like" TPMS, because it's valueless for me. I check my tire pressure religiously every two weeks; there's a reason I got 24K+ including two track weekends out of a set of Conti SportContact 3s on my M3.

That said, most drivers are morons and run dangerously low temperatures. I spend about an hour of my day in traffic, and the number of cars I see running dangerously low pressure is shocking. If people weren't idiots, the government wouldn't have to mandate it, but a blowout is a no-kidding event.
tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #3

Region: Texas

thanks tenfifteen - Agree - I, like you check my tires regularly - bought a good Meiser gauge. Have had to replace a TPMS sensor in my truck and still angry over the cost...

So, it's still an idiot light in the 2013?
Twinarrow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #4

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinarrow99 View Post
thanks tenfifteen - Agree - I, like you check my tires regularly - bought a good Meiser gauge. Have had to replace a TPMS sensor in my truck and still angry over the cost...

So, it's still an idiot light in the 2013?
Looks that way, I just dug through the PDF of the manual and the only mention of TPMS refers to the idiot lights. Went through the 'virtual gauges' section of the new display, and saw no mention of it. Hope it comes out in a software update (assuming the systems can interface with one another). It's of far more day to day value to me than inlet temp or AFR.
tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
13Mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Can you see individual sensors in the dash board diagnostics mode? I forget hot to get into that, but there's a lot of information in there not normally displayed.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
TMPS

I also didn't like that you only got a warning light but nothing telling you which sensor was having a problem. Nothing like having a warning light, pull off of the interstate, check all tires and all tires are the same pressure.

I purchased a new stereo Kenwood DDX773BH Receiver, A Data Link MAESTRO ADS-MRR INTERFACE Module and A DATA LINK CONNECT FACTORY INTEGRATION ADAPTER.

Now I can get a complete view of what the air pressure is in all four tires. No it looks like the front driver's side TMP is the problem. I ordered a new sensor and it will be installed this week.

I also check my tires and re-torque all of my lug nuts all of the time. TPMS is great if you run over something while on the highway. The one time it did activate was when I had a screw stuck in the rear passenger tire. It was reading 24 lbs. and it went straight over to Tire Barn for a patch job.

Good Luck.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I purchased a new stereo Kenwood DDX773BH Receiver, A Data Link MAESTRO ADS-MRR INTERFACE Module and A DATA LINK CONNECT FACTORY INTEGRATION ADAPTER.
This is basically the only way to use the TPMS system to view individual pressures. It works quite well and there are several models of head units that will work.
They've also gotten quite a bit more affordable than they used to be, and sound better than the stock stereo to boot.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Post Bad Sensor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
This is basically the only way to use the TPMS system to view individual pressures. It works quite well and there are several models of head units that will work.
They've also gotten quite a bit more affordable than they used to be, and sound better than the stock stereo to boot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------I kept getting an Intermittent reading on my sensors. Called American Muscle on Thursday and the Customer Service Rep sent me a new sensor. I received on Monday and had it installed on Tuesday. When it was installed on May21, 2014, it wasn’t installed correctly. It had a crack. When the Tire Guy removed the tire, the sensor was no longer attached at the valve stem.

A quick install and a reset with the sensor tool and it was good to go! Tire Barn didn’t charge me anything for removing the tire and installing the new sensor.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	387.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	205980   Click image for larger version

Name:	390.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	205981  

2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------I kept getting an Intermittent reading on my sensors. Called American Muscle on Thursday and the Customer Service Rep sent me a new sensor. I received on Monday and had it installed on Tuesday. When it was installed on May21, 2014, it wasn’t installed correctly. It had a crack. When the Tire Guy removed the tire, the sensor was no longer attached at the valve stem.

A quick install and a reset with the sensor tool and it was good to go! Tire Barn didn’t charge me anything for removing the tire and installing the new sensor.

Those AM ones are junk. I had a set that would never sync up. Went OEM on the next set of wheels and they work perfect.
Glad you were able to figure it out though!
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Does the SCT x4 show tire pressure at each tire? Or any ODB II device?
nate714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT