Got my VIN#, and Sticker - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Got my VIN#, and Sticker

Hello again guys, Well after exactly - 5 Weeks and 3 Days from ordering my '13 GT/premium my dealer called me with the VIN# and E-Mailed my Window Sticker. The sticker is beautiful-they got everything right.
Soooooooo doggone excited I will have to take some Sominex tonight to sleep. Not that I slept well in the last 5 weeks and 3 days anyway. Went to mustang Meet this Sunday and that made the wait even worse.

Dealer says the car is actually in tranport now and she will call me so I can take a video/pictures of my blk beauty pulling up and coming off the truck!
I pray it's a beautiful sunny day on that day.
In case you are interested:
It's a - Blk/Blk premium w/cashmere leather inserts, 6MT/3.55 gears, Comfort Package, Electronics Pack/Nav and dual zone climate, sirius radio, Rear back up and Security Pack, Shaker Pro Audio, I think that was it.

Now the aftermarket bug awaits me $$$$$ !!
Thanks for listening and thanks for keeping me company throughout this waiting ordeal. Almost home. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the black car clean and shiny. Maybe Pinnacle or Blackfire. Any suggestions out there. I'll write back real soon I hope!

GREG3
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
I cant wait to see pictures of it!!!!!
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Got my VIN#, and Sticker

And you didn't post the sticker for us to see? :shame:

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

My Lord Jimmy, and all I wanted was the hood struts, CAI and a tune. Amazing Mods bro!! I have no idea how to post pictures of the car or Sticker, but I will learn fast I guess. Beautiful! I could only wish mine would look as good later on down the road.

Greg3

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Greeny27, Want to see those subs man, and what upgraded speakers did you get. The last speakers I installed in my car were JBL's and my rear deck and front door panels got ripped out and then they were gone.

That was the old day in Astoria NY when my car got broken into 4times in as many years. Never could catch them sob's in the act. OH WELL, It's history.

GREG3
Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
My Lord Jimmy, and all I wanted was the hood struts, CAI and a tune. Amazing Mods bro!! I have no idea how to post pictures of the car or Sticker, but I will learn fast I guess. Beautiful! I could only wish mine would look as good later on down the road.

Greg3

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Greeny27, Want to see those subs man, and what upgraded speakers did you get. The last speakers I installed in my car were JBL's and my rear deck and front door panels got ripped out and then they were gone.

That was the old day in Astoria NY when my car got broken into 4times in as many years. Never could catch them sob's in the act. OH WELL, It's history.

GREG3
Yeah, too bad it'll be sold this year lol. Enjoy the new Mustang!

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3

Greg3

GREG3
I went with kickers in the back and P-57's in the front, i dont love the front ones but im on a buget haha and best of luck with your car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120524_205644.png
Views:	120
Size:	424.0 KB
ID:	51753  
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That was one of the CAI kits I was looking at. The BBk CAI and I think that was the tuner that Steeda is offering right now. So many to choose from, my mind is tired from all this aftermarket Web searching.. Anyway Greeny27, sorry to see you part with your long time friend. I hope it's for the better.
Real nice Sub setup. I hope mine sounds as good as yours probably sounds. Good Luck, Greg3
Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
That was one of the CAI kits I was looking at. The BBk CAI and I think that was the tuner that Steeda is offering right now. So many to choose from, my mind is tired from all this aftermarket Web searching.. Anyway Greeny27, sorry to see you part with your long time friend. I hope it's for the better.
Real nice Sub setup. I hope mine sounds as good as yours probably sounds. Good Luck, Greg3
You are way too nice lol... Jk.. Don't waste your money on a cold air.. They are proven basically worthless..
Old 05-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

You are way too nice lol... Jk.. Don't waste your money on a cold air.. They are proven basically worthless..
Actually the airaid cai on my car was proven to give my car an extra 6rwhp on my 2011 gt manual over just a tune. That and the way it makes my car scream is WELL worth $300! And yes I had it dyno'd on the same dyno same conditions same day, just tune then cai and tune for cai. And my tuner verified that the increased airflow was making the extra power and not just tweaks in the tune. I also have a guy in my local mustang club that has the steeda cai and did the same tests is did at the same shop and his results were about the same. So the steeda and airaid cai's is worth it for the sound and the extra power.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Hello again guys, Well after exactly - 5 Weeks and 3 Days from ordering my '13 GT/premium my dealer called me with the VIN# and E-Mailed my Window Sticker. The sticker is beautiful-they got everything right.
Soooooooo doggone excited I will have to take some Sominex tonight to sleep. Not that I slept well in the last 5 weeks and 3 days anyway. Went to mustang Meet this Sunday and that made the wait even worse.

Dealer says the car is actually in tranport now and she will call me so I can take a video/pictures of my blk beauty pulling up and coming off the truck!
I pray it's a beautiful sunny day on that day.
In case you are interested:
It's a - Blk/Blk premium w/cashmere leather inserts, 6MT/3.55 gears, Comfort Package, Electronics Pack/Nav and dual zone climate, sirius radio, Rear back up and Security Pack, Shaker Pro Audio, I think that was it.

Now the aftermarket bug awaits me $$$$$ !!
Thanks for listening and thanks for keeping me company throughout this waiting ordeal. Almost home. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the black car clean and shiny. Maybe Pinnacle or Blackfire. Any suggestions out there. I'll write back real soon I hope!

GREG3
Make sure you go in and tell your dealer NOT to detail your car when it comes in! Bring it home and do it yourself so you wont have all the swirls and spiderweb scratches from there horrible detail job. Bring it home dirty, hand wash, clay bar it, and put a few coats of your favorite sealer...I like zaino personally, it keeps my black gt looking new and great.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you and if you ever need speaker help id be glad to help you with everything ive learned!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Actually the airaid cai on my car was proven to give my car an extra 6rwhp on my 2011 gt manual over just a tune. That and the way it makes my car scream is WELL worth $300! And yes I had it dyno'd on the same dyno same conditions same day, just tune then cai and tune for cai. And my tuner verified that the increased airflow was making the extra power and not just tweaks in the tune. I also have a guy in my local mustang club that has the steeda cai and did the same tests is did at the same shop and his results were about the same. So the steeda and airaid cai's is worth it for the sound and the extra power.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Make sure you go in and tell your dealer NOT to detail your car when it comes in! Bring it home and do it yourself so you wont have all the swirls and spiderweb scratches from there horrible detail job. Bring it home dirty, hand wash, clay bar it, and put a few coats of your favorite sealer...I like zaino personally, it keeps my black gt looking new and great.
Was your hood open during dyno?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I hope they are not going to slap a wax or anything on the paint. I just thought the dealer hoses the dirt off from the transport from the factory and gives a hand wash and towel dry. Adds plate frame and license plate done.

I'm not putting anything on it for a least another month, from what I hear about the fresh factory paint and clear coat.

Thanks for the heads up!! I will have to call again today. I thought I had everything covered. GREG3
Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
I hope they are not going to slap a wax or anything on the paint. I just thought the dealer hoses the dirt off from the transport from the factory and gives a hand wash and towel dry. Adds plate frame and license plate done.

I'm not putting anything on it for a least another month, from what I hear about the fresh factory paint and clear coat.

Thanks for the heads up!! I will have to call again today. I thought I had everything covered. GREG3
They will cover it with clear coat scratches and serial marks, they will wash it with the same rough brush they use on the trucks and dry it with a crap towel! Trust me wash it yourself and clay it and seal/wax it right when you get it home.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:

Was your hood open during dyno?
No it wasn't. I made then do it with the hood closed with the intent to see if the cai actually made a difference. The airaid also seals very well to the hood.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

2011GT85, I asked the dealer if they waxed the car and she said of course not, never. That is up to me. Maybe it was in the tone of my voice and how I asked the question that I tipped her off to what my next question would be. Now you got me thinking!
I pass through there all the time by the detailing garages and service garage areas to see if I will continue to bring my car there after the sale and they are toweling away and compressed air blowing and hosing down and there was a Ford 150 Raptor being cleaned up and of course all the dirty cars that come in for service and then get that complimentary wash...
OH, OH !!!
I will go in person tomorrow (I live close by and am off from work) while I have the time and add more to my list of Don't-Do's when the car comes in. They have been very courteous so far. Let's see how long that lasts. Oh Yeah, I know, until after I sign on that infamous dotted line.

Anyway, thanks again for the heads up and I will keep in touch with my journey. Greg3
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They will cover it with clear coat scratches and serial marks, they will wash it with the same rough brush they use on the trucks and dry it with a crap towel! Trust me wash it yourself and clay it and seal/wax it right when you get it home.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

No it wasn't. I made then do it with the hood closed with the intent to see if the cai actually made a difference. The airaid also seals very well to the hood.
Not very cost effective.. $300 for 6whp.. Don't get me wrong I have a Steeda CAI but in retrospect wish I had put the money elsewhere knowing what I know now..
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:

Not very cost effective.. $300 for 6whp.. Don't get me wrong I have a Steeda CAI but in retrospect wish I had put the money elsewhere knowing what I know now..
6rwhp is like 11hp....that and the awesome sound it makes and the washable filter and looks is well worth 300.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

6rwhp is like 11hp....that and the awesome sound it makes and the washable filter and looks is well worth 300.
Just saying not the biggest bang for your buck.. Not even close.. Who cares about 11hp at the crank? What matters is what makes it to the wheels.. Mine does sound cool but I'd much rather have more power and put that towards a boss intake or tune(I have)... My opinion buy a k&n drop in filter for the factory cold air.. Then You have your reusable filter.. Prolly worth like 1hp lol.. Then there's that much money saved towards a boss intake, o/r x, exhaust, headers, etc..
Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:

Just saying not the biggest bang for your buck.. Not even close.. Who cares about 11hp at the crank? What matters is what makes it to the wheels.. Mine does sound cool but I'd much rather have more power and put that towards a boss intake or tune(I have)... My opinion buy a k&n drop in filter for the factory cold air.. Then You have your reusable filter.. Prolly worth like 1hp lol.. Then there's that much money saved towards a boss intake, o/r x, exhaust, headers, etc..
Well that's your opinion. I stated the fact and why I like it and why they are the highest selling part for new domestics. And IMO a boss intake is a waste but of course that's my opinion. First thing I do to my stangs is help them breathe in and out.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well, NOW I am totally confused.
CAI is not worth the paltry extra few horsepower, but yeah I looks and sounds good. RWHP, WHP, HP, Madone. I have read elsewhere that some owners are having their Check ENGINE light go on after install, NO torque between 2000 and 3000 rpm and of course LOSS of you Dealer Warranty, etc, etc, etc, etc...

I am a half empty kind of guy, so I guess with my luck I will probably just leave the damn car stock and enjoy what FORD has built for me in the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0, listen to my Shaker Pro Audio system and be content with such a magnifent machine (well maybe just the Bassini's, I heard them on a mustang a while back, minque) and go drive the darn thing. That drop in K&N performance filter sounds like and idea too. There I go again with the aftermarket bug!!! I have to stay off the WWW is what I have to do.

MY biggest concern right now anyway is how to affix the front plate on without drilling any holes (dealer agreed to not drill any holes in my car except only top two for rear plate of course) and keeping that black paint job from getting ruinned with scratches and swirl marks. Now I have to park a half mile at the end of the parking lots, Geez!!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Well, NOW I am totally confused.
CAI is not worth the paltry extra few horsepower, but yeah I looks and sounds good. RWHP, WHP, HP, Madone. I have read elsewhere that some owners are having their Check ENGINE light go on after install, NO torque between 2000 and 3000 rpm and of course LOSS of you Dealer Warranty, etc, etc, etc, etc...

I am a half empty kind of guy, so I guess with my luck I will probably just leave the damn car stock and enjoy what FORD has built for me in the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0, listen to my Shaker Pro Audio system and be content with such a magnifent machine (well maybe just the Bassini's, I heard them on a mustang a while back, minque) and go drive the darn thing. That drop in K&N performance filter sounds like and idea too. There I go again with the aftermarket bug!!! I have to stay off the WWW is what I have to do.

MY biggest concern right now anyway is how to affix the front plate on without drilling any holes (dealer agreed to not drill any holes in my car except only top two for rear plate of course) and keeping that black paint job from getting ruinned with scratches and swirl marks. Now I have to park a half mile at the end of the parking lots, Geez!!
The mod bug will bite u eventually... I used to say ill be OK with a bone stock mustang until I pay it off... this being my 1st mustang, compared to the mediocre cars Ive had in the past, I figured it wouldn't be a problem... now I'm reading forums daily and looking for new monthly mods all the time O_o u definitely wanna start with an axleback, after that u will be hooked!! O and about the front plate, I guess u should check this website often for updates since I'm almost certain they don't make these for the 13s yet http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Thanks for the Pictures. Outstanding!! I didn't even take delivery yet and I'm envious. NICE CAR MAN!!! WEll, You are right, The heck with stock. I have to personalize my Stang and I don't mean by adding custom plates. Life is short and I am getting up there, so go for it and enjoy the immense pleasure from it too.

I want those wheels too. Where exactly do you live!! Only kidding bro, but I do want does wheels. They are the nicest ones I think I've seen to date. They sure fill out those wheel wells fine. You are styling bro.
Now back to the WWW for me. I am hooked after seeing those Pics and it is nothing radical either. PERFECT!!!!!
PS How is the ride on those 20 inches? And by the way those plate brackets are still in development for the '13 stangs by Craig's brackets.

Later
Old 05-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Hey Thanks for the Pictures. Outstanding!! I didn't even take delivery yet and I'm envious. NICE CAR MAN!!! WEll, You are right, The heck with stock. I have to personalize my Stang and I don't mean by adding custom plates. Life is short and I am getting up there, so go for it and enjoy the immense pleasure from it too.

I want those wheels too. Where exactly do you live!! Only kidding bro, but I do want does wheels. They are the nicest ones I think I've seen to date. They sure fill out those wheel wells fine. You are styling bro.
Now back to the WWW for me. I am hooked after seeing those Pics and it is nothing radical either. PERFECT!!!!!
PS How is the ride on those 20 inches? And by the way those plate brackets are still in development for the '13 stangs by Craig's brackets.

Later
The ride is great, I'm on eibach struts/shocks and springs and no issues yet
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT