Brused ego... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Brused ego...

Was getting on the freeway and spun off into the gravel. the road was dirty and had rocks on it and should have known better but still it sucks. The car is fine but the worst part was my dad was right behind me. It was good because he was able to help me out but I'm never going to be able to live this one down.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

My friend flipped his 2 month old modded 2011 5.0 over a hit and run (guy side swiped him). Smile. It could've been worse.
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh
My friend flipped his 2 month old modded 2011 5.0 over a hit and run (guy side swiped him). Smile. It could've been worse.
Yep. And that's what my dad told me. Could have been a lot worse. No one got hurt and no damage was done. He has been into hot cars his whole life and he wrecked his z 28 when he was my age showing off. Like I said very bruised ego. I have to learn from my mistake so this doesn't happen again. It's nice to be able to drive away and not get cops involved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You will be okay my brother. On my very first day of college in my very first Stang I spun out on a wet road on a curve and almost hit a light pole. Thank goodness I didn't, but I learned to respect my Stang at all times.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight
You will be okay my brother. On my very first day of college in my very first Stang I spun out on a wet road on a curve and almost hit a light pole. Thank goodness I didn't, but I learned to respect my Stang at all times.
For sure man. I had yet to spin in a year and a half and I was getting too comfortable. Let's not forget theses mustangs are loaded guns and are to be treated with respect at all times. I have been talking to my dad all night and I have never felt closer to him in my life. Some good can come from any bad event.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ive had a couple close calls but its how u learn the lessons. Count yourself lucky that there was no damage! Do some auto x or some hi performance driving courses. Only way to learn is to do it.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I once pulled out into a two lane road with my days old 2012. The roads were wet and I gunned it and went into the left lane to pass a truck. Lost traction and almost went into the truck and a concrete barrier. Felt so embarrassed!! But luckily I didn't hit anything so all was good. Live and learn..
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
When I was 17 I took a 95 crown Victoria (police interceptor) around a 45mph corner at 75 and hydroplaned flipping my car one and a half times. Fortunately no major injuries but yeah no car and no ego left lol

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I was out goofing off with my 5.0 the other day. Thought i do some burnouts. Lost control and almost put it in a ditch. Scared the HELL outta me.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
In my 90 gt I gunned it on a damp road and slid across 3 lanes to the other side of the road, smashed the curb and took out a mailbox. Smashed out my window, steepled my tie rod and took a large chunk out of 3 of my rims.

Luckily it was around 11 on a week night so there was no other traffic, but $900 later and out another $200 to replace the mailbox my dad made me replace, I have a much greater respect for high powered rear wheel cars!!

No damage bro you're golden!! Just learn from your mistakes and keep on keepin on

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #11

Region: Canada
I was passing someone on a back road and gunned it. With the road a little uneven, the car began to dance a bit in the back end. Scared the crap out of me too! Lol

Respect the power of your Stang!!
Marshall2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Well thanks for all the support guys. This has really helped me out. Some of your stories are pretty wild. I am actually doing an autocross in a week with my dad so that will help this go away and give some more practice getting sideways. I did one a few months back an it was a blast. Now I get to go wash my car this morning and scrub the pain away. My windows were down when it happened so the inside is filled with dirt.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Brused ego...

"WHAT.... you can't drive your car?? Sell it!!! Do it now before you kill someone besides your non muscle car respecting self. Just because you can have it... doesn't mean you should. people like you never learn until they kill or cripple some one else. Un believeable!!!"

The above written parody was my lecture from my pops... to me... just thought I would share...lol

Glad you are ok and YES they can get squirrly in less than an eye blink. I have had my numerous close calls through out the years. Best advice to you (for me as well ;o)) keep the showing off for the closed course.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Also...it might be a good idea look into iRacing. Its a great way to learn car control in a simulated environment.
hpisloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Wow, glad you're OK and that you didn't take out some unsuspecting motorist with you! Sounds like you've learned your lesson to keep the crazy stuff on the track.

Stories like these make me so glad that I wasn't "lucky" enough to have a Mustang before I spent a lot of miles learning to drive in crappy cars. I had plenty of wheel time on cars without ABS and traction/stability control and I can say with certainty that I am a much better driver for it.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Wow, glad you're OK and that you didn't take out some unsuspecting motorist with you! Sounds like you've learned your lesson to keep the crazy stuff on the track.

Stories like these make me so glad that I wasn't "lucky" enough to have a Mustang before I spent a lot of miles learning to drive in crappy cars. I had plenty of wheel time on cars without ABS and traction/stability control and I can say with certainty that I am a much better driver for it.

I bet his father was making the same face as your avatar... lol Sorry dude I HAD to!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

I ran into the rear of a parked car on the highway while going 70mph in my first mustang. I had just put on new tires,full exhaust, new grille and only made 2 payments. No injuries but I totaled the mustang a cavalier and a truck.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0

I bet his father was making the same face as your avatar... lol Sorry dude I HAD to!!!
Actually no. I was the one who face palmed. He had a face I had never really seen. A mix of angry, relieved, disappointment, and some other emotions I couldn't decipher
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
LOL probably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I ran into the rear of a parked car on the highway while going 70mph in my first mustang. I had just put on new tires,full exhaust, new grille and only made 2 payments. No injuries but I totaled the mustang a cavalier and a truck.
Ouch! That had to hurt (physically and mentally)!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
This is the reason my dad was relieved. He wrecked his 72 z28 when he was my age doing the same stupid stuff and that's why he was relieved my mistake did not have too terrible of consequences.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Like was said before.. Respect the power. U gotta mess up to fully respect these cars. As u can see weve all done it. Brush it off n keep driving
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Well my face palm incident occurred with my 2001 Bullitt. I decided to show off coming out of a parking lot and lost the rear and stomped on the brake.... NEVER STOMP ON THE BRAKE... I know this now. Anyway I lost complete control and nailed a 7inch tall 90degree curb with my brand new 18inch Chrome Torque Thrust rims... basically destroyed both front ones bouncing from one curb to the next. My buddy who was following me in his Corvette looked at me, shook his head in disgust and promptly informed me that I did not deserve to have a nice car... lol
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5 View Post
Like was said before.. Respect the power. U gotta mess up to fully respect these cars. As u can see weve all done it. Brush it off n keep driving
I have to disagree. It's entirely possible to learn to drive safely without spinning into a ditch. I'm not saying that people shouldn't speed or drive spiritedly, but keep it under the combined limit of your driving skill, familiarity to the car, and the car's capabilities. If you don't know where that limit is, a public road where you could injure innocent commuters is not the place to learn.

It is probably the FASTEST way to learn though... I'll give you that.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I have to disagree. It's entirely possible to learn to drive safely without spinning into a ditch. I'm not saying that people shouldn't speed or drive spiritedly, but keep it under the combined limit of your driving skill, familiarity to the car, and the car's capabilities. If you don't know where that limit is, a public road where you could injure innocent commuters is not the place to learn.

It is probably the FASTEST way to learn though... I'll give you that.
Easiest fastest best. Or the hard way. W.e u wanna call it
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT