Custom dyno tune or a SCT HAND HELD TUNEring - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: Custom dyno tune or a SCT HAND HELD TUNEring

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
You realize stock cars on average go 110-114. That is in worse da and best.
You realize I have a 4.6? haha.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Lol i get it your on lund's nuts. But again not everyone wants the most aggressive tune buddy. I as well as others will give up some hp for more reliability.
Abbey I see I hurt your feelings again. And its not about having the most aggressive tune. Its about paying for a tune and getting the best out there. Which includes HP/reliability. I actually don't have a lund tune in my car. So how am I on his nuts? I have a CTP-HPX tune in my car. Engine side dyno tuned by Jeff Smith of central Texas performance and tranny side done by Chris Holmes of HPXMotorsports. But lund/livernois/jpc/hpx and few others have mastered these cars. Not just wrote detuned tunes for peoples cars. As said before. There is a reason why you don't see people claiming crazy HP and track times with Bama tunes. Not to mention they don't do SC applications.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

You realize I have a 4.6? haha.
Can't see on phone app. But would make sense for the 108 trap. What are your mods?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Abbey I see I hurt your feelings again. And its not about having the most aggressive tune. Its about paying for a tune and getting the best out there. Which includes HP/reliability. I actually don't have a lund tune in my car. So how am I on his nuts? I have a CTP-HPX tune in my car. Engine side dyno tuned by Jeff Smith of central Texas performance and tranny side done by Chris Holmes of HPXMotorsports. But lund/livernois/jpc/hpx and few others have mastered these cars. Not just wrote detuned tunes for peoples cars. As said before. There is a reason why you don't see people claiming crazy HP and track times with Bama tunes. Not to mention they don't do SC applications.
Bama does indeed do S/C if you call them up. But, I would think with a s/c you would want a dyno tune, no? So you can see your cars specific characteristics?

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Can't see on phone app. But would make sense for the 108 trap. What are your mods?
Full Exhaust, intake, 93 tune, 4.10s.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Bama does indeed do S/C if you call them up. But, I would think with a s/c you would want a dyno tune, no? So you can see your cars specific characteristics?

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Full Exhaust, intake, 93 tune, 4.10s.
I called them when I got my blower. They told me they didn't do SC tunes. All I wanted was a start up tune actually. To drive to get the dyno tune. They stated they didn't do it cause to much to go wrong. And yes. When do a SC you really want a dyno tune
Unless installing on a stock car then the tune that comes with will be fine. They are set for just that. Stock cars with a blower. They are also conservative tunes still. Another great shop actually sent me a tune so I could drive it to get tuned. I needed the start up tune for several reasons. I did the work in my garage my self. I ordered a tuner kit since I was changing stuff anyway, and knew I was dyno tuning it.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I had a 2012 5.0 earlier in the year had to sell do to health!!! But any way! I had a SCT tune with CAI Installed with Roush axle back exhausts and it was a fast car and great power !! I just got a new 2012 5.0 and add the same SCT TUNE and CAI. ( yes I was really lucky to have the same code on my computer!!) but anyway the only difference on this car is it a has the magnaflow cat back exhaust on it!! It. came that way.. But. It does not fill like it has anymore power. I know the first car I had mad 33 HP after having a Dyno ram!! But this car feels like it made know difference in power!! Any ideas???

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Oh yea.. I called the company I got the tune from and they said that the magna flow exhaust would not need a new tune!!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
I had a 2012 5.0 earlier in the year had to sell do to health!!! But any way! I had a SCT tune with CAI Installed with Roush axle back exhausts and it was a fast car and great power !! I just got a new 2012 5.0 and add the same SCT TUNE and CAI. ( yes I was really lucky to have the same code on my computer!!) but anyway the only difference on this car is it a has the magnaflow cat back exhaust on it!! It. came that way.. But. It does not fill like it has anymore power. I know the first car I had mad 33 HP after having a Dyno ram!! But this car feels like it made know difference in power!! Any ideas???

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Oh yea.. I called the company I got the tune from and they said that the magna flow exhaust would not need a new tune!!!!
Magnaflow axle backs? They wouldn't need a tune as they are just for sound. Maybe1-2 HP.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

They are magna flow cat back!! They are like the pypes cherry bombs!! 2- single pipes from the cats with a small muffler shaped like the old. cherry bombs, but smaller than just a tip at the end that are 4" dia. Loud as hell!!!7
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc
They are magna flow cat back!! They are like the pypes cherry bombs!! 2- single pipes from the cats with a small muffler shaped like the old. cherry bombs, but smaller than just a tip at the end that are 4" dia. Loud as hell!!!7
Its cs a cat back don't change performance. Nothing really gained doing one. Same as axle back. All sound. If lucky your going to gain 5hp with a cat back.

The 2011+ has a great exhaust really. The only real down side in it is the cats. They are the biggest restriction in the exhaust.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Its cs a cat back don't change performance. Nothing really gained doing one. Same as axle back. All sound. If lucky your going to gain 5hp with a cat back.

The 2011+ has a great exhaust really. The only real down side in it is the cats. They are the biggest restriction in the exhaust.
The factory exhaust is far from great. It has crushing all over it, it's heavy as hell. And the resonators and mufflers are restrictive, plain and simple. I agree that you won't gain more than 10hp with a catback(I have seen a 10hp gain) but just cutting your factory stuff open like I did you can see how restrictive they are.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

The factory exhaust is far from great. It has crushing all over it, it's heavy as hell. And the resonators and mufflers are restrictive, plain and simple. I agree that you won't gain more than 10hp with a catback(I have seen a 10hp gain) but just cutting your factory stuff open like I did you can see how restrictive they are.
The resenators/mufflers are not that restrictive. Least for power. Sound yes. If was they you would gain a lot from a catback. And well 10hp only adds 3-4whp on a great day. But of course places are going to say that you can gain 30hp. It just itsnt there.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:

The resenators/mufflers are not that restrictive. Least for power. Sound yes. If was they you would gain a lot from a catback. And well 10hp only adds 3-4whp on a great day. But of course places are going to say that you can gain 30hp. It just itsnt there.
+1 replacing the intermediate pipes will offer you 0 performance all your hidden power is located in headers x or h pipe and the tiny amount u get from the mufflers.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

So your saying is that.the best thing for me to do is get rid of the cat back get a H- pipe and go with the Roush axle back I have and go with that!! I really like the way the Roush sounded
and performed on my 2012 5.0 Gt
I'm not real happy with the Magnaflow that came on the car!! Which are Cat backs !!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

+1 replacing the intermediate pipes will offer you 0 performance all your hidden power is located in headers x or h pipe and the tiny amount u get from the mufflers.
You didn't really just say there's hidden power gains in the headers... Did you? 275 for a catless midpipe and easy install will yield 15-20hp, going longtubes will typically give 25-30 and cost +- 700 if you do the pain in the *** install yourself.
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414

You didn't really just say there's hidden power gains in the headers... Did you? 275 for a catless midpipe and easy install will yield 15-20hp, going longtubes will typically give 25-30 and cost +- 700 if you do the pain in the *** install yourself.
You will not see 25-30 if you already have an off road x pipe by adding headers. 15-20 at most. Also going with the quality of ssw, kooks, arh, will cost almost 1000 just for the headers in most cases.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You will not see 25-30 if you already have an off road x pipe by adding headers. 15-20 at most. Also going with the quality of ssw, kooks, arh, will cost almost 1000 just for the headers in most cases.
I never said it would, but Thanks for clarifying, when i say 700 I'm referring to the bbk/pypes applications. Install rates on longtubes are probably through the roof as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I the part that replacing between the x pipe and mufflers will net u no gain in power. It's hidden power because it isn't there stock but when u modify with headers and an x pipe it is there. Don't home in on me saying hidden. Power is power

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:

I never said it would, but Thanks for clarifying, when i say 700 I'm referring to the bbk/pypes applications. Install rates on longtubes are probably through the roof as well.
Install can be. I had been quoted 500-1300 for install.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah or one whole day with jack stands and a floor jack and common tools and the starter is a pain in the *** to install around the headers

Had to edit due to not common tools manifold ratchet and ratchet box ends

Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah or one whole day with jack stands and a floor jack and common tools and the starter is a pain in the *** to install around the headers

Had to edit due to not common tools manifold ratchet and ratchet box ends
Yep...I did mine at a buddies shop.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Same here everything turned out well except after all was said and done the next few weeks after that I ended up eating both o2 sensors

Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I the part that replacing between the x pipe and mufflers will net u no gain in power. It's hidden power because it isn't there stock but when u modify with headers and an x pipe it is there. Don't home in on me saying hidden. Power is power
Just saying LT headers are nowhere near worth it for these cars unless you plan on doing a power adder, and the over axle pipes have a nice choke point, I'd be surprised if replacing them with full 3" pipes wouldn't help
Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just saying LT headers are nowhere near worth it for these cars unless you plan on doing a power adder, and the over axle pipes have a nice choke point, I'd be surprised if replacing them with full 3" pipes wouldn't help
That is all in the eye of the beholder on the thought of long tube headers or not. I know I have not seen any documented proof for just replacing this pipe that goes up to the axle and connects to the axle back muffler system. Long tubes do net good power and I have an sc installed however I have seen multiple people on this forum add long tubes whether a power adder is on their list of mods I am not sure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT