Sirius Radio Activation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Sirius Radio Activation

When I picked up my new car last week the Sirruis was on and is still on so my thing here is how long will it stay on before Sirruis will call me ? At this point I'm in no hurry to call them as matter fact I'm not and I'll hold out as long as I can. I hate calling them because there customer service sucks and once your subscription is up they will not take a no for answer.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Haha, I had the same issue. Yea, 6 months is how long you should have it for. They called me for months and I kept telling them no, even after I told them to remove me from the calling list they called me for about a month, but it's all done now

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Sirius Radio Activation

Will they get a notice from the dealer that the car was sold if not how will they know when to turn it off ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #4

Region: Nevada

packet comes from Siriusxm with subscription info
Loose 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

sounds serious....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
sounds serious....
Haha
James12gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You'll just be driving along one day and it will no longer work.. That's what happened to me.. And I get something in the mail at least once a month.. Actually theres one in there now lol..Used to get several calls not anymore though.. A few months ago they reactivated it for two weeks to try to draw me in but honestly I didn't listen any and it reminded me that I didn't miss it
Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Good question and great info guys. Mine is also on but now I know I have maybe a few months before it suddenly goes off. And yes, when I called the cancel my previous subscription it took me like 30 minutes to get them to take no for an answer!
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Hey listen Stang folks out there, I have ONE quick question.
This will be my first time to have Sirius Radio!!! Why is everybody cancelling, or not renewing and or trying to hide and run away from Sirius Radio.. I will taking delivery very soon of my '13 Mustang GT/Premium with Sirius Radio, I guess for a 6 month trial. Isn't good to have. Why is everybody running for the hills.

Please Explain, Should I renew when the time comes in 6 months or a Year (who knows when) or run for the hills. What's the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
I've had it before on my wife's 08 commander, honestly, I still preferred the regular fm stations. I didn't really get wowed by them. Yeah they have dedicated stations to genres but I just pop in my CDs and listen to them or hook up my phone and listen to pandora for free or my iTunes.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I will definitely renew. I like Sirius. I'm canceling because I was paying month to month on another car. I am getting it free for six months so why pay for those months? Once the free month are over I'll probably renew for a year at a time. Sirius is really nice, especially when traveling or just wanting to hear new and different music/talk radio.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Let them shut it off. Wait a while then they offer six months for $25. Have to sign up for auto pay. Then cancel before six months. Wait, repeat. Works great for me because I store the stang over winter. Much better than $186 a year!!
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Hey listen Stang folks out there, I have ONE quick question.
This will be my first time to have Sirius Radio!!! Why is everybody cancelling, or not renewing and or trying to hide and run away from Sirius Radio.. I will taking delivery very soon of my '13 Mustang GT/Premium with Sirius Radio, I guess for a 6 month trial. Isn't good to have. Why is everybody running for the hills.

Please Explain, Should I renew when the time comes in 6 months or a Year (who knows when) or run for the hills. What's the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd rather just use my iPhone.. All the music I want and don't have to worry about any of the BS that I don't want.. Not worth the extra money to me.. And not enough selection for my genre of music
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092
When I picked up my new car last week the Sirruis was on and is still on so my thing here is how long will it stay on before Sirruis will call me ? At this point I'm in no hurry to call them as matter fact I'm not and I'll hold out as long as I can. I hate calling them because there customer service sucks and once your subscription is up they will not take a no for answer.
Yes!!!!!! I've told those clowns so many times I don't want your service anymore.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

SiriusXM isn't bad, I had XM in my old car loved it, but they took all my favorite channels off when they merged with Sirius. If I drove a ton, I'd have it.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

My husband and I drive a truck, and we had sirius radio a few years ago. I really enjoyed it, but none of the stations back then really played the newest releases. We cancelled when we quit driving for a while and just never got it back. Now that I have it on my Stang, I'm finding that I like it even more. A couple of the stations have the latest releases, and there are still plenty of stations that play the older stuff. I'll probably be keeping mine.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

So whats the best way to get a good deal for the sirius? I love mine because I can listen to better/newer playlists than whats on my FM station for my genre here. I work just out of reach of my local radio station so with sirius I don't have to worry about switching channels and I love that.
milgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Just tell them that you will hold out for there next special and see if they lower the price ?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092
Just tell them that you will hold out for there next special and see if they lower the price ?
Yes! Even say you are going to cancel. They will go head over heals. It's not hard.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Ok mine just expired but get this .... It still works on my three presets. Cant change them but the three i have are the only stations i listen too. I dont plan on subscribing.

Who cares about weather, traffic reports (its never timely), etc.
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Listen Stang folk, Maybe you already have seen this video and I am behind the times, but just in case you were wondering about that front license plate bracket install without drilling your bumper or even drilling a single hole at all, I just mounted my bracket and it DID-NOT cost me a nickle, is solid as a rock and you cannot even see anything (bracket support, bars, screws, etc) and I personally think it looks better now than on the bumper or below the bottom grill. It will not get ripped off on the first speed bump yu encounter or steep incline etc. It gets mounted to the bottom grill and looks really cool. You can take it off and on all you want too, NO HOLES ANYWHERE!!!
I have to get out of here like right now, but if anyone needs directions I will be back later with another post. I can't find that video again, but I will try and remember where I found it. If you already know about it then happy motoring to you. Enjoy and Goodluck...
Got to Run!!!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Can you post the link to the video?
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT