Clutch Pedal Extension - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Clutch Pedal Extension

I have just learned of this and it most definitively would be something I need. I have the Exedy Mach 600 clutch kit in my car and the clutch engages soon as it leaves the floor, so I have to sit extremely close in order to disengage the clutch. I was just wondering if anyone has installed one and if so is it worth it? If you are wondering what I'm talking about go to this website www.BondraPerformanceEngineering.com

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: Clutch Pedal Extension

NO, BUT I just left the Mustang Source Forum and there is a post and many good replys about it from the ones who did try it. It's supposed to be the answer to the many prayers to solve this age-old problem with an aftermarket solution and product for us M/T drivers. I will be taken delivery on a '13 GT very soon (probably this week ) and just ordered my Bondra Performance Clutch Pedal Extender on 1/2 hour ago.
This guy on the forum swears by it and says it solved all the problems that go with sitting up so close to the dash just to work the clutch.
If you can't find the article I will go back and find the post and let you know.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Cool so from what you are saying is this thing is worth the $49. I need something to help me out cause people keep asking me why I'm sitting so close and it would be nice being able to sit more comfortably in my car without my knees bumping the dash lol

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I'm definitely getting this! Thanks! Hopefully someone makes one for a Jeep Wrangler too! lol
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I definitely need some kind of extender to be comfortable driving this beast around. I felt OK on the 40 minute solo test drive, but the seat was pretty far up and I had to move it back to exit the vehicle and when you glance over at the passenger seat and you had to cock your neck around to see the seatback. I really don't want to drive like this all the time.
Like I said I ordered my Bondra Extender and I will keep you posted with the results. As for, is it worth 50 bucks for a chunk of ABS plastic. I don't know. Is it worth 50 bucks to feel and look comfortable and drive comfortable from hereon, You better believe it!! If this device made me feel normal and sitting back relaxed to shift and exit this car, I would have paid more for this product.
Hey I already spent over $600 dollars on car cleaning product, heat shield and the Hood struts and I don't even have my car yet. If I spent $70 on license plate frames what the heck is $50 on a quality of life product that will make me feel good about myself and the Mustang.
I hope I didn't talk to much, Take car and Good Luck to all on whatever you are driving
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I think I'm gonna order one when I get paid just because anything is better then what it is at now so ill order one as well and let this post know more with the results. I just never knew this existed and saw it in muscle mustangs and fast fords magazine and I was like this has to be known if people didn't already

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you need a firewall adjuster to adjust the cable so you have more slack so it comes out more along with a clutch quadrant. You can adjust to your needs. The only issue is petal flop from where the cable is out all the way but the petal can go up more~ I never liked that. MaximumMotorsports also had a petal height adjustment kit you can look into.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

On the newer cars we don't have a cable because we have the hydraulic slave cylinder and their isn't a cable quadrant. And their is a hydraulic adjuster but it is to bring the pedal down for engaging. I tried to figure out how to fix it but that is just how my Exedy clutch is designed, brenspeed said nothing I can do to adjust it just deal with it or get a different clutch but I like the Exedy clutch so this should help out

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ah very true, not sure on your style
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
ah very true, not sure on your style
Ha ha no worries, I had a lot of guys tell me that same thing and then I was getting mad when I couldn't find a quadrant for my car and then it became clear when Brenspeed said your has a hydraulic slave cylinder so you don't have a cable like the 99-04. Thanks for the help though, you are usually dead on with advice you arent slipping on me are ya LOL JK

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So I just got my clutch pedal extension kit in today, install was like 5 mins and it is freaking amazing it might be the best $50 I ever spent. I dont have to sit so close now and my knees won't hit the dash anymore just wonderful how something so simple can make that much of a difference if you have the same problem I recommend this product!!!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I got my EZ-Clutch Extender in today too. I posted a thread before, but don't see it on the site, so I will post this quick reply.
Did'nt install yet, but will keep you all posted as to the quality and my opinion of the overall worth of this tiny 2 sided piece of plastic with two screws for the cost of $60 including shipping. It was in my mailbox this afternoon in a bubblewrap envelope.

If it does what is advertised than it's worth every penny.
The instructions say to use Loctite if the screws start to loosen, so I just might as well put the Loctite on before 1st install anyway.
I will keep you posted...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Y'all, Listen, I will be installing, putting on, adding or whatever the Bondra Clutch Pedal Extender tomorrow morning. I have the GT/Premium with the aluminum pedals. Any suggestions on how the stock pedal cover comes off and put back on the new clutch extender.
The instructions seem straight forward, but I have the Aluminum pedals and an not sure if they just slide right of as a rubber one would.
Anyone remove these pedals as of yet and install the extender.
MUch Appreciated, Thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Hey Y'all, Listen, I will be installing, putting on, adding or whatever the Bondra Clutch Pedal Extender tomorrow morning. I have the GT/Premium with the aluminum pedals. Any suggestions on how the stock pedal cover comes off and put back on the new clutch extender.
The instructions seem straight forward, but I have the Aluminum pedals and an not sure if they just slide right of as a rubber one would.
Anyone remove these pedals as of yet and install the extender.
MUch Appreciated, Thanks
I just posted that I already installed this today and it is easy as 5 mins of your time and it makes a huge difference!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

What a pleasure!!! I finally installed (or whatever you want to call it) my Bondra Clutch Pedal Extender in my '13 MustangGT/Premium.
Well, My three finger tips on both hands still sting, I broke a blood vessel on my left hand palm heel and it took all of about an hour+ with twice running back in the house to boil that darn OEM aluminum/rubber pedal cover to give the rubber part enough flexibility to MUSCLE it onto the extender.
OH, did I mention it was almost as tough to get the thing off in the first place.

BOTTOM LINE: "I LOVE IT" For the very first time and many years and many cars, I can sit back and enjoy the ride. After not even a minute, I completely forgot I had even installed it. It feels great!!!!!! I mean it is like factory. You don't even notice it when you open the door and look down at the pedals. It is that nice. Worth every penny and then some. As a matter of fact, I think I will send this Bondra guy a tip.

If you think you could use the extra 1-1/2 inches, Give it a try folks, It does make a difference and an impact to your driving pleasure. Thanks Bondra!

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

What a pleasure!!! I finally installed (or whatever you want to call it) my Bondra Clutch Pedal Extender in my '13 MustangGT/Premium.
Well, My three finger tips on both hands still sting, I broke a blood vessel on my left hand palm heel and it took all of about an hour+ with twice running back in the house to boil that darn OEM aluminum/rubber pedal cover to give the rubber part enough flexibility to MUSCLE it onto the extender.
OH, did I mention it was almost as tough to get the thing off in the first place.

BOTTOM LINE: "I LOVE IT" For the very first time and many years and many cars, I can sit back and enjoy the ride. After not even a minute, I completely forgot I had even installed it. It feels great!!!!!! I mean it is like factory. You don't even notice it when you open the door and look down at the pedals. It is that nice. Worth every penny and then some. As a matter of fact, I think I will send this Bondra guy a tip.

If you think you could use the extra 1-1/2 inches, Give it a try folks, It does make a difference and an impact to your driving pleasure. Thanks Bondra!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I just got my clutch extender in the mail yesterday. Hopefully hubby will put it on for me today. I'll let ya know how well I like it.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

"OH, YOU WILL LIKE IT!"

Like I said, they even look great. You would think it was factory, unless you stuck your nose under the dash and examined, and then even so.
I have the Aluminum/rubber pedals on the GT which I think made it that more difficult to remove and reinstall on the extender.
I don't know what other pedals (maybe only rubber) mustangs have which might make it easier to flex the softer rubber on the pedal.

It is absolutely a "Very Simple Install". Two plastic halves slide over the pedal and two screws done. It's just that hard rubber on the aluminum pedals that fight you to the last second.

DON"T FORGET - The boiling water soak for a few minutes. Without that, I would still be under my dash going 15 rounds with that pedal...

My car seat is now positioned perfectly where I can sit back with arms extended and shift gears, get in and out the car with no trouble.
I will probably never have to move my seat again. It is that perfect (for me).
Good Luck and you will certainly enjoy the ride...

Next: You might want to try the REDLINE PERFORMANCE Hood Struts!
SIMPLE INSTALL, and what a difference in opening and closing that
hood. They look Tooo Cool on the car.
I got the Plus series (black powder coated-with red lettering). To me
another simple and must have Mod.
Sorry for the looonnnng winded reply, but I am excited for you guys too.
Take care and happy motoring,
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I'm definitely going to look into the struts for my Hood. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

So my husband FINALLY got around to installing my clutch pedal extender today. It wasn't quite as hard as we expected it to be, but it wasn't exactly child's play either. Took a bit of muscle. But it's on and it fits perfectly. I can now sit comfortably in the car, and I don't have to move the seat back to get out. I love it! This is one accessory that is an absolute MUST HAVE! I highly recommend it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt View Post
So my husband FINALLY got around to installing my clutch pedal extender today. It wasn't quite as hard as we expected it to be, but it wasn't exactly child's play either. Took a bit of muscle. But it's on and it fits perfectly. I can now sit comfortably in the car, and I don't have to move the seat back to get out. I love it! This is one accessory that is an absolute MUST HAVE! I highly recommend it. Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm buying this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt View Post
How long did it take for it to arrive?
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50 View Post
I'm buying this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

How long did it take for it to arrive?
It only took a little over a week. Just took 3 times that long for Tony to put it on for me, lol.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Well, when you order your next simple Mod, which I HIGHLY recommend (RedlineTuning-Hood Struts) you will be just as excited and pleased with the quality of life? and or convenience of opening and closing your hood. Like I said before too, they are even easier to install than the pedal ext. and you will love these struts. They do look very cool. You could have them painted from Redline too to match you OEM factory paint. Now that is cool. My car is black, so the black powder coated PLUS SERIES worked out great for me.

If you do get them, one of the final steps and there are but a few (SIMPLE steps) where you have to relocate the induction plastic resonator tube bracket from the top to underneath the inside fender lip on the driver side hood strut location (you will see-simple), you are better off (and it works great) to just loosen the one screw on that rubber bushing=insulator and swing the rubber piece around to the other side and leave it right on the top where it is. You will see. It works out perfectly. Good luck and enjoy that magnificent machine. Oh, and tell Tony to jump on it. Two open end wrenches or socket and you're done. Wait till you see, it beautiful!!!!!
GoodBye
Old 06-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Wow I hate,you pedal,extender!!! Love how it feels, really f'n hate installing it my fingers feel like theu went through hell. F boiling the damn thing burn it!!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

BUT!, It is Dog Gone nice, Right...
Old 06-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Yes but,still not fully on I got three huge scratches on my car
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

HELLLO, Would you like to reiterate on that last post. What do you mean, you got three big scratches on you car. Also what do you mean the pedal extender is not fully on.

You got to stay with it. It took me quite a while to finally get it on, but when it's on you will know it. ALSO my fingers were sore and burning and I broke a tiny blood vessel in my palm of my hand. Others had no problem at all.

You feel the rubber behind the pedal that all the rubber is completely wrapped and behind the entire pedal and finally is sitting down nice and snug. It goes, but like I said, you just have to force it on. It's rubber, it will go on. Just reheat the rubber pedal in that hot boiling water to soften it some. I needed to use a flat head screwdriver to pry it around the pedal a little to finish the last corner, but when it was completely on, I said "WHEW" thank you!! I think I ended up on the top to finish it off. BE VERY CAREFUL with that screwdriver!!! Your face will be very close up to the pedal when working it on.

Please elaborate on the scratches.
My brand new black GT also has some minor thin line and swirl scratches on the paint already. One where you can see white in color. I am careful and compulsive when cleaning and waxing, but black is just awful to care for. Never again. I should have stayed with my other choices and got the silver or grey, but I thought they were boring on a Mustang and on the dealer lot. That black really pops and too bad scratches easily too). Sorry I went off topic, but what a job caring for black. If anyone hasn't yet ordered yet, think about that. My 12 year old silver car always looks clean and still looks great. In between washes you would never know it needed a wash. The black needs a wash as soon as you pull away from the carwash. (Too Bad, I don't own a house anymore and have no means of handwashing or are there any hand car washes even close to me.

Good Luck with that pedal and keep us all posted!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Oh with the scratches I wore shorts with zippers on it.,when I was installing the pedali kept moving up and down like an idiot trying to teach this pedal a lesson. Obviously that ***** won.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote:
HELLLO, Would you like to reiterate on that last post. What do you mean, you got three big scratches on you car. Also what do you mean the pedal extender is not fully on.

You got to stay with it. It took me quite a while to finally get it on, but when it's on you will know it. ALSO my fingers were sore and burning and I broke a tiny blood vessel in my palm of my hand. Others had no problem at all.

You feel the rubber behind the pedal that all the rubber is completely wrapped and behind the entire pedal and finally is sitting down nice and snug. It goes, but like I said, you just have to force it on. It's rubber, it will go on. Just reheat the rubber pedal in that hot boiling water to soften it some. I needed to use a flat head screwdriver to pry it around the pedal a little to finish the last corner, but when it was completely on, I said "WHEW" thank you!! I think I ended up on the top to finish it off. BE VERY CAREFUL with that screwdriver!!! Your face will be very close up to the pedal when working it on.

Please elaborate on the scratches.
My brand new black GT also has some minor thin line and swirl scratches on the paint already. One where you can see white in color. I am careful and compulsive when cleaning and waxing, but black is just awful to care for. Never again. I should have stayed with my other choices and got the silver or grey, but I thought they were boring on a Mustang and on the dealer lot. That black really pops and too bad scratches easily too). Sorry I went off topic, but what a job caring for black. If anyone hasn't yet ordered yet, think about that. My 12 year old silver car always looks clean and still looks great. In between washes you would never know it needed a wash. The black needs a wash as soon as you pull away from the carwash. (Too Bad, I don't own a house anymore and have no means of handwashing or are there any hand car washes even close to me.

Good Luck with that pedal and keep us all posted!!!
Also I got the swirls too but all it needs is a buffer. Use that wax that,you apply with a small pad and leavr it on for maybe an hour then you buff it off thrn apply again wait then buff again after that use a good liquid polish wipe it with a micro fiber softly then wait then buff it with a diff cloth. Black is the best lookimg color but the worse to take care off. Try to bring your car to a place where you can wash and wax it yourself. Ive learned my lesson with my mustang. Those machinef,washes,WILL scratch your car or not,fully takr,off the soap for the non touch ones. Love your car and be,selfish,with it dont let anyone,clean your car except you. People that hand wash, will scratch your car or will not fully clean it like you would.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, Thanks for the tips. It might be too late, since I already have some scratches on my car, But I will look into the buffer and all the treatments that are available to me. Maybe I will just find a REAL professional detailer who takes pride in his or her work and get my car cleaned, clayed, polished, sealed and waxed and hope for the best.
You take care and good luck with you Mustang,
Old 06-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey, Thanks for the tips. It might be too late, since I already have some scratches on my car, But I will look into the buffer and all the treatments that are available to me. Maybe I will just find a REAL professional detailer who takes pride in his or her work and get my car cleaned, clayed, polished, sealed and waxed and hope for the best.
You take care and good luck with you Mustang,
Thanks good luck to you too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT