2010 mustang gt mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2010 mustang gt mods

I own a black 2010 gt an I've been doing a few basic mods. I have a steeda cold air intake, ford racing throttle body, accel ignition coils, kooks longtube headers with high flow cats and shorty x pipe and magnaflow cat back exhaust. I'm just curious as to what type of power I should expect. I'm getting it dyno'd in a couple weeks and I'm curious to know what people think that are more experienced then I am. Also any more mods that are a must have?
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: 2010 mustang gt mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG2010 View Post
I own a black 2010 gt an I've been doing a few basic mods. I have a steeda cold air intake, ford racing throttle body, accel ignition coils, kooks longtube headers with high flow cats and shorty x pipe and magnaflow cat back exhaust. I'm just curious as to what type of power I should expect. I'm getting it dyno'd in a couple weeks and I'm curious to know what people think that are more experienced then I am. Also any more mods that are a must have?
No ideas on the power level, the 05-09 guys would probably have a lot more useful insight since they have the same drivetrain (mostly Coyote guys here honestly). It doesn't really matter anyways, a dyno is just a snapshot in time of that car with those mods and that fuel on that dyno at that day. Unless you're doing a before/after on the same day/dyno/etc when changing mods it proves very little.

As far as must have mods, depends what you're trying to do. Are you trying to build a dyno queen, street car, drag racer, road racer?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

conservatively speaking, I'd say at least 15-20.

It might help to stop by BP since Ford recommends it. ( I'm just kidding.)
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
conservatively speaking, I'd say at least 15-20.

It might help to stop by BP since Ford recommends it. ( I'm just kidding.)
I think they pulled that endorsement a while ago. I know my 06 had something on it about BP, but neither my '10 or '11 do.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking more for something I can take to the strip and be proud, or race on the streets but I also use the car as a daily driver
Old 05-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG2010
I have a Saleen supercharged 2010 mustang gt that I daily drive lol I have so much done its crazy. I think I'm the only one with a 2010 that has done just about everything but heads and cams. The 2010 made an average of 280 to 285 hp and I would say with your mods and great conditions will make about 315 to 325 and that might be it but with gears and a good shifter or torque converter you can do really well at the track or street?

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2010 mustang

« Rotors | 2013 oil?! »