A wider Pirelli P Zero tire just for the back ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
rm2092's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 299
A wider Pirelli P Zero tire just for the back ?

I have the stock 19" wheels on my my GT with the Pirelli P Zero tires wich are p245/45/19 and was thinking of just going with a wider tire in the back only and stick with Pirellis so they will match, what would you suggest ?
__________________
2016 5.0 Deep Impact Blue 300A pkg, New Orleans.
MODS: Roush axle-back exhaust, AEM DryFlow filter, Gloss Black PP wheels, Ford Racing Strut Brace, Track Pack spoiler.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: A wider Pirelli P Zero tire just for the back ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I have the stock 19" wheels on my my GT with the Pirelli P Zero tires wich are p245/45/19 and was thinking of just going with a wider tire in the back only and stick with Pirellis so they will match, what would you suggest ?
I think you would be stuck with 255 being the widest that will fit the 8.5" wheels. That said, the stock all-season Pirellis (PZero Neros, not PZeros) that you have unless you got the Brembo pack are pretty inadequate and very overpriced. You would be much better off just getting four new tires, especially since it's a bad idea to mix and match tread patterns/compounds.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
coyote414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 218
The width of the tire
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
I know a guy that tried to fit 275s on his factory 8.5" wheels and the place he took it to could not make them work.. 255 is the widest you wanna go and as napoleon said the p zero Nero tires are overpriced and not that great considering they are all season.. IMO nittos are the best bang for your buck.. But your not gonna find anything else that will last as long as those p zero neros with their 400 tread rating.. Except general gmax as-03's they are a 480..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
The pirellis are junk the ones with the brembo package are not all season they are summer tires. I bought some Bridgestone pole position all seasons and they are holding up pretty well for 100 more. The pirellis only lasted like 12000 km. the best I had were Pirelli p zero Nero m+s they lasted 70000 with burn outs and spinning the tires pretty much Everytime I drove .
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
You can get a set of 4 Nitto's staggered for the price of just two 285 Pirellis. I paid just around $800 for my staggered set of NT555s.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
coyote414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka
You can get a set of 4 Nitto's staggered for the price of just two 285 Pirellis. I paid just around $800 for my staggered set of NT555s.
From?
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Id get bigger wheels and fit the biggest tire i could and lower it it will look mean
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414

From?
When I got my wheels from kctrends [1] they got me the Nittos as well. My two fronts for I believe $175 a piece and the rears were $225 each. Total cost was between 800 and 850.

[1] http://kctrends.com/
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
The pirellis are junk the ones with the brembo package are not all season they are summer tires. I bought some Bridgestone pole position all seasons and they are holding up pretty well for 100 more. The pirellis only lasted like 12000 km. the best I had were Pirelli p zero Nero m+s they lasted 70000 with burn outs and spinning the tires pretty much Everytime I drove .
He doesn't have brembo.. I just replaced a set of the stock pzero nero this morning that had 20k on them.. They were coming apart they were so bald lol
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT
I know a guy that tried to fit 275s on his factory 8.5" wheels and the place he took it to could not make them work.. 255 is the widest you wanna go and as napoleon said the p zero Nero tires are overpriced and not that great considering they are all season.. IMO nittos are the best bang for your buck.. But your not gonna find anything else that will last as long as those p zero neros with their 400 tread rating.. Except general gmax as-03's they are a 480..
It might depend on the brand, I have 255 sumi 3s on the rear but I only have 8 inch rims, they fit perfect... Seems like the 275 sumis would fit on an 8.5
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.