Oil, what is everyone running? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If you're going to be a d*ck when you ask for info and people give it to you, don't post threads, especially if the issue has been discussed at length on every single mustang forum and you didn't bother to search. All I did are post facts, apparently that offends you guys' opinions. I'm open to changing my opinion on this matter when someone is willing to show me proof that true synthetic oils are sufficiently deteriorated to warrant replacement at 5,000 miles.

Also, they don't get much longevity out of racecar engines. I'm pretty sure they rebuild and replace those things much more often than you're comfortable doing, so the analogy was flawed. I also never said that Mobil1 wasn't a good oil, its just not as good as TRUE synthetics.
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Why would i search wen i can jus post and have u give me the facts. Wen i do search all i see is u trying to argue or wnt2gofast telling people how great drag racing is. This was a simple thread where u post the type of oil ur running not throw 4 paragraphs of the bs u read online. Its poll not a who swings biggest contest. Which obviously isnt u since u get so offensive any time someone doesnt take what u say 100%

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

They also drive there cars wide open at over 170 mph for hours at a time.. Kinda evens out
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #38
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
If you knew anything about how companies that sell stuff come up with their facts, you would know that there is no definitive line for when you should be changing your oil. They use data to back what they suggest, but everybody drives differently, live in different environments, etc. The point I'm making here is that they supply suggested mileages for changing your oil based on data they provide. Since data is only as good as to how it was obtained and given the driver and environment variables, it's up to the purchaser to decide what works best for them. Seems to me, this thread was merely wondering what type of oil ppl use? Since Mustangs have been around since 1964.5, I think all this information has covered throughout the years, so maybe this thread was created for some fresh thought and experiences rather than searched info that could be obtained from the googlenator.
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Oil, what is everyone running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5 View Post
Why would i search wen i can jus post and have u give me the facts. Wen i do search all i see is u trying to argue or wnt2gofast telling people how great drag racing is. This was a simple thread where u post the type of oil ur running not throw 4 paragraphs of the bs u read online. Its poll not a who swings biggest contest. Which obviously isnt u since u get so offensive any time someone doesnt take what u say 100%

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

They also drive there cars wide open at over 170 mph for hours at a time.. Kinda evens out
See that's the thing ... I really don't want to argue but I can't stand it when people post things that are flat out wrong. You asked for information and some of what was posted was factually inaccurate. I corrected what was posted in error and the OP got in a huffy about it. If somebody posts something that is wrong, I am going to call them out on it. If that offends someone, too bad.

I could honestly give a **** less if I win any arguments here, but the information being posted on these forums is being read by many people who have little-to-no technical knowledge. I feel we have a responsibility to present the facts as they can best be represented and not just "what our gut" tells us about crucial maintenance like changing the oil.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
N im not saying what u said was wrong, jus the way u word things makes u seem like a d*ck. but now tht this forum is as off topic as the rest.. Im goin with mobil castrol or amsoil, whatever i get the best deal on.. Thanks guys!
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
N im not saying what u said was wrong, jus the way u word things makes u seem like a d*ck. but now tht this forum is as off topic as the rest.. Im goin with mobil castrol or amsoil, whatever i get the best deal on.. Thanks guys!
Your welcome bro! Now you know the facts
Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5 View Post
Yup. Bottom line is if you are going to run a 5k drain interval, your best bet is Mobil1/Castrol/Penzoil (~$8/qt). If you want an extended drain interval go with AMSOil/RP/RedLine (~$14/qt).
Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I use Mobil 1. Hopefully I can go 10,000 miles on it. I'm going to check it periodically like usual just so when the time comes my oil pan doesn't leak sludge lol
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Run Amsoil in my car.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

I could honestly give a **** less if I win any arguments here, but the information being posted on these forums is being read by many people who have little-to-no technical knowledge. I feel we have a responsibility to present the facts as they can best be represented and not just "what our gut" tells us about crucial maintenance like changing the oil.
Period.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
You're wasting your money then. The biggest benefit from the true synthetics is that they hold up for long periods of time and maintain excellent protection, whereas the blends and "non-true" synthetics start to break down. It's doubtful that you're seeing any benefit from the RP that you wouldn't get from M1/Castrol/Penzoil "synthetic" at 5k miles.

Just so you know, AMSOil recommends a 25k mile or 1 year drain interval when you use their signature series oil and EA filter under normal conditions (aka stock engine). Not sure what RPs recommended drain interval is, but I'm sure it's more than 1/2 of the OEM spec for synthetic blend oil.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1490.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Also, check out their warranty:

AMSOIL Limited Warranty - Lubricants
I know all of this 100%. It is just what I do. RP can be driven well into 15k.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0 View Post
I use Mobil 1. Hopefully I can go 10,000 miles on it. I'm going to check it periodically like usual just so when the time comes my oil pan doesn't leak sludge lol
I would take a sample and have it analyzed at 5k, 7.5k and 10k. See how it holds up at different mileages and proceed accordingly. Please share the results if you do!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT