strut mounts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
strut mounts

I have the eibach system with springs, shocks/struts and I reused my factory mounts and it seems like they finally crapped out.... anyone know a good strut mount to go with the eibach system?
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: strut mounts

I just paid to have the Eibach Pro Kit and J&M APB put on my 2012 GT. They can't get it aligned quite where I want it with the Eibach Camber bolts so I ordered the MM Caster Camber Plates. They are sitting in my garage. I may put them on this weekend. After watching the mustang shop put the system on I feel confident to do this myself. Then pay to have the car aligned again.... My fault for going cheap the first time. Everything I have read led me to believe these were the best ones to get. I found them for $280 shipped from cjponyparts. Good luck.
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat
I just paid to have the Eibach Pro Kit and J&M APB put on my 2012 GT. They can't get it aligned quite where I want it with the Eibach Camber bolts so I ordered the MM Caster Camber Plates. They are sitting in my garage. I may put them on this weekend. After watching the mustang shop put the system on I feel confident to do this myself. Then pay to have the car aligned again.... My fault for going cheap the first time. Everything I have read led me to believe these were the best ones to get. I found them for $280 shipped from cjponyparts. Good luck.
I don't have a problem with alignment, its not an aggressive drop.... but I did order before the GT500 strut mounts and they weren't compatible, but my car was already apart and I was forced to reuse the factory ones... but I wanna know a good replacement like the GT500 ones that would fit like the eibach setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: strut mounts

Yeah, I ordered the GT500 mounts as well only to find that they were not compatible either. As far as I can tell, there is not much out there for our cars regarding upgraded mounts besides just getting the caster camber plates. And then you still have to use a portion of the factory mount. You could get the Steeda mounts but at that price you just as soon get the MM ones that are adjustable.
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat
Yeah, I ordered the GT500 mounts as well only to find that they were not compatible either. As far as I can tell, there is not much out there for our cars regarding upgraded mounts besides just getting the caster camber plates. And then you still have to use a portion of the factory mount. You could get the Steeda mounts but at that price you just as soon get the MM ones that are adjustable.
That sucks I saw the Steeda ones are about $350... way more than the GT500 ones, but at this point I don't have much of a choice... might as well get the rear lca's also if I gotta take it to the shop for install

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT