Ford Simoniz Glass, paint protection? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 126
Wink Ford Simoniz Glass, paint protection?

Hello All you supporters and stang friends.
I just posted a new thread about how I just picked up my new '13 GT today, and mentioned all the services and snakeoils they tried to sell me and add to my financing. I mean there was an entire computer screen full of them she went through every single one and they even show you a Ford Simoniz Video and I could feel the dealer looking at me to see my facial expressions, but I didn't fall for any of it, but.. I almost considered, but did-not get the Ford Simoniz Glass Coat for the paint and interior protection for $500.

Anyway, the question I have is-has anyone heard of this Simoniz paint protection and is it any good or just another snake oil that the dealers having been pushing on us for decades to make more money off of you.

Thanks for you input, Have a Good Night!!!!!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Ford Simoniz Glass, paint protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
Hello All you supporters and stang friends.
I just posted a new thread about how I just picked up my new '13 GT today, and mentioned all the services and snakeoils they tried to sell me and add to my financing. I mean there was an entire computer screen full of them she went through every single one and they even show you a Ford Simoniz Video and I could feel the dealer looking at me to see my facial expressions, but I didn't fall for any of it, but.. I almost considered, but did-not get the Ford Simoniz Glass Coat for the paint and interior protection for $500.

Anyway, the question I have is-has anyone heard of this Simoniz paint protection and is it any good or just another snake oil that the dealers having been pushing on us for decades to make more money off of you.

Thanks for you input, Have a Good Night!!!!!
Simoniz has been around a longtime. Is it any better than regular Simoniz probably not! Is Simoniz any good? I haven't used it, but I can't imagine that it is bad. Would I pay $500 for all that? Heck no!! What would I pay? I think 250-300 is reasonable done by a professional detailer. But what about a really good highend product like
P21S? Never used the stuff so I can't say, but the way it is marketed seems like 500 isn't bad, however, I think Meguiars, Hi-temp, etc. would do just fine, and a professional detailer could treat the inside and out for 250-300 bucks.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 126
Re: Ford Simoniz Glass, paint protection?

Hey Thanks for the quick reply and the advice.
Yeah, She almost by not close enough had me for only a second, buy I just had that bad feeling about the whole selling job.

I did order some products from Autogeek though. Between the Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang products and the Blackfire - I went with the Blackfire Paint Sealant with the Blackfire carnuba paste wax to top it off as suggested on the Autogeek site.
Hope all works out.

By the way. The detailer at your local Car Wash that has a few bays for detailing. That is not what they mean by a professonal detailer, IS IT??
I know on the sign for the exterior detailing, they say they give you the Triple Play Auto Car wash first then they do the detailing. Doesn't sound right!
Thanks again for your help...
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Hey Thanks for the quick reply and the advice.
Yeah, She almost by not close enough had me for only a second, buy I just had that bad feeling about the whole selling job.

I did order some products from Autogeek though. Between the Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang products and the Blackfire - I went with the Blackfire Paint Sealant with the Blackfire carnuba paste wax to top it off as suggested on the Autogeek site.
Hope all works out.

By the way. The detailer at your local Car Wash that has a few bays for detailing. That is not what they mean by a professonal detailer, IS IT??
I know on the sign for the exterior detailing, they say they give you the Triple Play Auto Car wash first then they do the detailing. Doesn't sound right!
Thanks again for your help...
No problem. I detail as a hobby, getting better all the time. This forum has really helped.

That is all good stuff! No the car wash isn't what I had in mind. yeah the triple play auto whatever for 39.00 isn't quite all that great. But still probably as good as the dealer.

I'm not saying car washes are bad they use decent products, and do a decent job for a great price. pure volume is the goal.

Detailers just know the product better they are going to make sure it is perfect and they will usually tape trim off etc. A car wash wants you on out ASAP or they aren't making money.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 126
Re: Ford Simoniz Glass, paint protection?

Yeah, I went to that car wash detailer today and explained that I wanted the detail, but to use my Blackfire Paint Sealant and Blackfire Midnight Sun carnauda Paste Wax. He never heard of them, nor Pinnacle products, but said OK to using them. He looked at me like I was nuts when I told him just the 3 inch plastic container of wax was $40 bucks alone. As a matter of fact I think I am a little crazy for buying that tiny thing for that much scarole. It sure must be darn good carnauba wax!! I am a little skeptical as to having him do my car. 2013 Black Mustang GT.

I might have to find a real bonafide auto detailer to do the job. I have no garage and no way to stay out of the sun to do the job myself. What are you going to do...
Anyway, that is my story.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Yeah, I went to that car wash detailer today and explained that I wanted the detail, but to use my Blackfire Paint Sealant and Blackfire Midnight Sun carnauda Paste Wax. He never heard of them, nor Pinnacle products, but said OK to using them. He looked at me like I was nuts when I told him just the 3 inch plastic container of wax was $40 bucks alone. As a matter of fact I think I am a little crazy for buying that tiny thing for that much scarole. It sure must be darn good carnauba wax!! I am a little skeptical as to having him do my car. 2013 Black Mustang GT.

I might have to find a real bonafide auto detailer to do the job. I have no garage and no way to stay out of the sun to do the job myself. What are you going to do...
Anyway, that is my story.
Yeah get on google and find a detailer! Even Craigslist it won't cost you that much more. Yeah that means he does as J-O-B
Every good detailer knows the big brands.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.