Who likes there Shaker 500 ? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You guys shouldn't be tapping into anything.. You should buy the proper wiring harness that attaches to your factory radio and has RCA outs and an amp turn on (remote) wire.. Or aftermarket head unit which will have both of those..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: Who likes there Shaker 500 ?

I bought a convertor from a well-known local audio store to do this.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #73
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I like the App 2 radio. It's neat.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I like the App 2 radio. It's neat.
What is that?
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
I added a ported JLAudio 10" sub to my car - tapped into one of the rear speakers for the input to the amp. I've screwed with the settings many times over on my amp and cannot get it right. This same amp/sub was in my Camaro and worked perfectly. My theory at this point is the shaker takes bass out at a certain point, and it's dialing back the input to my amp and I cannot get my sub to kick in when I want it to.... grrr
Does your amp have a lowpass filter? A lot times tapping a signal speaker will give your amp a really poor signal and very distorted...
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Who likes there Shaker 500 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I hate to say but the stock stereo in my Camaro SS is way better then Fords Shaker 500. I just can't get the sound right in this car other then that I love the car.
I have had absolutely no problems, with my Shaker 500, I like it's performance very much, I did change my interior speakers to Shelby GT speakers, which are "Kicker" Brand speakers: 8" front woofers and 6x8" long throw rear speakers. It is one of the best Stereos I've heard and I think you should change your speakers.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #77
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I have had absolutely no problems, with my Shaker 500, I like it's performance very much, I did change my interior speakers to Shelby GT speakers, which are "Kicker" Brand speakers: 8" front woofers and 6x8" long throw rear speakers. It is one of the best Stereos I've heard and I think you should change your speakers.
^ I agree. I find it would be nice to have more control over the system. But it's not bad.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #78
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus

What is that?
Check it out!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
The app radio use's its own apps that you have to download to your phone and your phone will need two apps just to connect to the radio. With a droid phone it will need a hdmi micro to hdmi cable plus your own phone charger for it to work. the last thing that I don't like is that it doesn't have a cd player. As of right now jvc is the way to go for double din.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #80

Region: Alabama
Shaker 500 vs. aftermarket radio

Is it worth buying a three hundred dollar after market alpine radio that will allow me to listen to the music on my phone when I have a perfectly normal shaker 500 system?
Jcdmb5648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The Shaker 500 sub is plenty for me in the mustang. I'm old enough now I don't care about rattleling other people's windows with B B B B B B B B BAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS. (HOW LOW CAN YOU GO!?!?)

The highs are the problem for me. I prefer "bright" highs. Even with the treble turned all the way up it still wasn't enough for me.

What I've found is the SCV (Speed Compensated Volume) helps a lot. I think I have mine on 7 right now. It appears to increase the treble and bass on top of what has already been selected with the EQ.

I still miss the tweeters that were in the Mach 460 system though. (99 Cobra)
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #82
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I just watched the video from primer2tone's post

I think I now know why there are so many single car accidents and rear end crashes.
I may be wrong but:::::
Does anyone really think they can play with a complicated radio that requires looking at a screen while driving down a street or highway trying to figure out their radio?????

I was really never a person that liked the idea of self driving cars but I'm starting to think it may be a good idea with the stupid crap that people are adding to cars now-a-days including the factory "LOOK AT ME SCREENS" while driving down the highway or city streets.

What ever happened to just the actual pleasure of driving ????
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT