OEM Factory OIL in the '13 GT - HELP!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
OEM Factory OIL in the '13 GT - HELP!!

Hello again mustang fans,
OK, I just got my '13 mustang GT/Premium 2 days ago and everything is absolutely beautiful. That Car, That Car, That Car, WOW!!!! Anyway, I went today to pick up a Ford OEM Lockable Fuel Cap ($24) (There are a couple of Ricers living next to me and I started to worry, Just a little) and a quart of Oil to carry in the car just in case I need it.
I read on the Forums that some new '12 and '13 GT owners were burning plenty of oil. One even had a dry dipstick with less than 2000 miles.

OK, So I go to the Ford Dealer Parts Dept where I purchased the car and I ask the Parts Dept guy for a quart of oil for a '13 Mustang GT/MT

Well, The Parts Dept guy had no IDEA what oil I needed and asked What engine I had and I said, well '13 GT/5.0 and then he asked for my VIN# and then told me to get the Manual. The manual states that I should use:

MOTORCRAFT SAE 5W/20 - Synthetic Blend Motor Oil (US), OR

MOTORCRAFT SAE 5W/20 - FULL Synthetic Motor Oil (US).

He still, nor I, have any idea what oil is in my car from the factory and if you can mix the two!!

He kind of took an educated guess and said I would be safe with the BLENDED OIL. Your guess is good as mine. So I have a Quart of the Blended Synthetic in the trunk in case of an emergency.
VERY Confused and so was he. Now I am worried if I have to pour that Blended oil into my engine.

Any ideas as to what Motor Oil the factory installed in my 2013 GT/Premium with the 6 Speed Manual. We couldn't find anything in the manual. He should know this stuff, not me. I have my profession and he has his which is to have complete knowledge of all the parts (oil) that go into the Ford Cars for Parts customers and god forbid the Service Dept that has to add a quart of oil to a new or older car.

Help!! Thank You Mustang genuises!!!!!!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It won't hurt with either oil but from the factory I believe they all roll out with the blend, for your next oil change use a full synthetic. I use royal purple in my car and it actually makes a difference which surprised me, also mobil 1 is a good oil

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: OEM Factory OIL in the '13 GT - HELP!!

I've been topping mine off with Mobil 1 5w-20 left over from out 2009 Honda Pilot. So I have a blend of blend and "full" synthetic. I have added about a quart in 4300 miles, and will probably do my first change as soon as my race ramps get here. Based on everything I've read, I may try 5w-30 going forward.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Stang fans, Thanks so much for you help and experience and the suggestions. I will feel worry free now with the Synthetic Blend in the trunk in case I have to add some.
Take care and good luck with yours...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I used to do oil change for a living for a good while and u can't go wrong using whatever it says on the cap... and I believe these mustangs come with syn blend from factory
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Yet Again, I am relieved now. I will just go with it.
By the way I just tried to CONTACT Ford Customer Service for that factory Oil question and they want you life story, before they will answer you.

What DEALER did I Purchase the car from
Did you talk to the Service Dept and who did you talk to.
Who in Part Dept did you talk to.
What was you contact when the initial inquiry was asked
and on and on and on Tel numbers etc, etc.
I just Xed out of the Site and said forget it.
Thats all I need is when I go back to the dealer where I am going to stay with for all my needs, I contacted FORD and stated that you are all a bunch of incompetents. I don't think so. I am not faulting them so much as the Ford company itself for not training all the dept personal as to every aspect of their products.
Whatever, I got my answers from this forum and I am happy and confident that I got all the right answers.

Thanks again, You all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT