Mustang quarter louvers. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Mustang quarter louvers.

Has anyone painted the backside of the quarter louvers? If so, how? I don't want it to look ugly from within the vehicle and looking out.
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3362653300.jpg
Views:	2472
Size:	487.5 KB
ID:	53011

I got mine done directly from ford dealer and they painted both sides... They look great... U can get the body shop to do it... My louvers were $300 painted and installed
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G

I got mine done directly from ford dealer and they painted both sides... They look great... U can get the body shop to do it... My louvers were $300 painted and installed
Nice look on your car
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G

You could have gotten them from partscheap.com painted for $198
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda

Im in canada dude with dutys shiping and customs it would of costed the same thing
Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thumbs down Re: Mustang quarter louvers.

Hey GE3G, Can you explain more about your quarter window louvers. I want OEM pre-painted louvers (Of course painted on both sides) and don't want aftermarket replicas.
Can I just go to the Ford Service Dept and order them with installation.
'13 Blk/Blk - GT/Premium

I didn't order them when I ordered the car, because I had to buy a package deal. Last year you could order just the individual accessory, but this year I would have had to take other accessories too that I did-not want on my car.

Thanks
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Mustang quarter louvers.

I heard you can put velcro on them? If so, can anyone provide tips on install?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
89 bucks on AM. Just ordered mine today. Ill be puttin on a fresh coat of adhesive on the tape, i like to go fast, not taking any chances haha
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Hey GE3G, Can you explain more about your quarter window louvers. I want OEM pre-painted louvers (Of course painted on both sides) and don't want aftermarket replicas.
Can I just go to the Ford Service Dept and order them with installation.
'13 Blk/Blk - GT/Premium

I didn't order them when I ordered the car, because I had to buy a package deal. Last year you could order just the individual accessory, but this year I would have had to take other accessories too that I did-not want on my car.

Thanks
Exactly that dude... When i bought mine i just asked for the louvers... I actually got my salesman to order them for me... Just go to your dealer ship and tall to the service department and they should hook you up... They were alittle pricey but i liked the fact that they were from ford and not aftermarket.... Not that theres anything wrong with after market it just that i live in canada and even tho there cheaper at american muscle i would have to pay for shiping and duties so it works out the same and the color will be bang on from dealer
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
I heard you can put velcro on them? If so, can anyone provide tips on install?
Do you really want a part on your mustang stuck on by velcro? Lol
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have a pet peve about cleaning the vehicle and what will bother me is dirty windows. As mentioned by someone else, you can get a cover for the inside of your window to hide it. How much are these and how are they affixed on the inside of the vehicle? Would it be better just to tint it to 10% and not see out?

I plan on painting the underside black...but again, I don't want to see soap scum or dirt. I went to a car show and a guy said velcro. He didn't demonstrate its removal and he may have been full of ca-ca.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

I bought a set from Roush pre painted, well made and the paint is a PERFECT MATCH.
Mustang Quarter Window Louvers

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
I have a pet peve about cleaning the vehicle and what will bother me is dirty windows. As mentioned by someone else, you can get a cover for the inside of your window to hide it. How much are these and how are they affixed on the inside of the vehicle? Would it be better just to tint it to 10% and not see out?

I plan on painting the underside black...but again, I don't want to see soap scum or dirt. I went to a car show and a guy said velcro. He didn't demonstrate its removal and he may have been full of ca-ca.
My rear window and quarter windows are all 5%
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

My rear window and quarter windows are all 5%
Mine are 5% as well and fronts are 35%.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Mine are 5% as well and fronts are 35%.
My fronts are 15%. And the brow is 5%. My wife's camry has 5% all the way around.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Do you really want a part on your mustang stuck on by velcro? Lol
Priceless
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks GE3G, I will stop by my dealer tomorrow and order the louvers. Just the right touch and not over the top for me. I think your car is sharp and mine is black too. I can't wait...

Good luck and thanks for the tip!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Thanks GE3G, I will stop by my dealer tomorrow and order the louvers. Just the right touch and not over the top for me. I think your car is sharp and mine is black too. I can't wait...

Good luck and thanks for the tip!!
No problem dude glad i could help, make sure you post some pics up when u get them installed
Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #19

Region: Texas

Hey everyone,

I have a 2013 GT with the OEM quarter window louvers. I discovered, the hard way, that yes indeed they're secured on by industrial strength Velcro sticky tape! I found out when I ran it through a car wash and the high speed blowers loosened one of them so that it fell off the car when I pulled out of the wash! Paint side down, of course, so now there's some touch-up work to be done .

I can understand the rationale for making these removable to prevent damage at a car wash...if Ford flippin' told anyone about it!! I'd had it in earlier to the dealership when it came loose once before, and neither the salesman, the service manager, or even the trim guy knew this.

So YES, if they feel like they might pop off...they can. And you probably should before going through a wash.
ShorinSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Mustang fans, ('13 GT Manual Trans) I had that left knee arthroscopic surgery, so I never did get those rear quarter window louvers as of yet, but now after hearing this story about they get blown off in the car wash, I am not so sure. Also, I just started to drive my GT a lot more now that the knee is feeling better and while on the Route 17 East in Monroe, NY yesterday following a brand spanking new silver Porsche Carrera 4S a partial truck tire was ran over and flung into the air right in front of me, by that very same Porsche and while I couldn't swerve do to traffic, I ran over the tire with my left wheels and was thankful I wasn't in an accident. When I got of my EXIT I couldn't wait to drive home, so I pulled into a Lowes parking lot to see if there was any damage to my tires of underbody. My front bumper was smashed in and partially hanging off the drivers side with the lower grill louver missing.
My Ford Dealer doesn't do body work, nor really seemed all that concerned, so now I am searching and researching a good body shop to repair my 1 month old $42 Thousand dollar '13 Mustang GT/Premium.
I can't even describe how I feel and not sleeping at all last night. This will be on my mind for my entire ownership of this car. I am really sick over this. I don't think a body shop paint job will look as nice or stay that way as a factory painted, clear coated and baked job. I don't think my car will ever be the same again in my mind. This was supposed to be maybe my last retirement car for pleasure only. I haven't even went out to look at it all day. I just finished last week too, changing my Allstate policy from $500 to $1000 deductible to save a lousy $89 off my 6 month premium. I might be paying for this fix outright it looks like. OH Well!!
Take care all you Mustang fans and Good Luck with all your rides...
Old 07-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sorry to hear bout your car Greg. I know the feeling when it seems like everything is going wrong. Just keep your head up and it could have been worst.
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda View Post
Not the OEMs.They only come primered.
ingotstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Car Wash?

Those things will ruin your paint right quick. Buy two buckets and do it the right way. Yourself.
2013 Mustang GT Fastlane Stage 3 Race Red-Matte Black GT 500 Stripes-2.3 Whipple-20" TF Chicanes-R888's-Brembos-Slotted/Drilled-Custom Katskin interior-Suspension and other goodies...603/498 http://youtu.be/wa73L4lF3Ws
Fastlane13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT