Exhaust ideas - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Exhaust ideas

Was looking at getting the rouse exhaust with the square tips and rear fascia or the borla s type axle backs. The borlas are around 780 and they doin nice but the roush kit is 800 plus like 125 an hour to install so looking around 1500 for the roush. Just don't know if it's worth getting them or if it's easier to install them myself. Heard good reviews about both exhausts and like the roush kit but like I said I'm not sure if it's worth the amount
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
You could do lt's back for 1500 basically if went with bbk lt's and their catted x, and like the hushpower cat back. Or you could do full pypes exhaust for that.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Ya I've listened to pretty much every exhaust and I'm stuck on the borlas and roush. Borlas for sure at least. I can eventually get the full system added on for the borlas. Once my warranty is done or I decide to not care I will get looks headers and cats
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 151
6.5 hours to install a rear fascia and axle backs?!? Wow
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
He said minimal 3 max 4 hours I've seen videos of amateurs saying they have done it in a hour or 2.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 151
I realize my math was a little off lol but still it should take 2 hours for u to do it. A shop with a lift etc should easily do it in that time.
Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Rear fascia takes 30-45 minutes. An hour at most. The axle backs take another hour. That is with hand tools on the garage floor by self. Neither is hard at all.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
Was looking at getting the rouse exhaust with the square tips and rear fascia or the borla s type axle backs. The borlas are around 780 and they doin nice but the roush kit is 800 plus like 125 an hour to install so looking around 1500 for the roush. Just don't know if it's worth getting them or if it's easier to install them myself. Heard good reviews about both exhausts and like the roush kit but like I said I'm not sure if it's worth the amount
Instructions are included with everything and you can easily do the rear fascia and the axle backs. Look in my garage I have the roush set up with square tips and the rear fascia. You won't be disappointed because it literally finishes it and the slant of the tips matches the fascia. The exhaust sounds good and honestly 125 dollars an hour is also a little much. Plus for a hundred dollars more then the borla you get the exhaust and rear fascia from roush and your back end looks smooth and not the stereotypical awkward look of aftermarket parts.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Oh and to add on if you decide to do headers and an x pipe later on the roush mufflers compliment the setup. Here is the vid of my base tune on the dyno with full exhaust including the roush mufflers

__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
Ya I've listened to pretty much every exhaust and I'm stuck on the borlas and roush. Borlas for sure at least. I can eventually get the full system added on for the borlas. Once my warranty is done or I decide to not care I will get looks headers and cats
I have the Borla s type catback and love it! I think the borla's are the best sounding exhaust for the 2011+! I would recommend saving for a cat back though since the whole factory setup is crap. All the pipes are crushed and heavy and with the resonators it all has to go. Myself I wouldn't get an off road x pipe because of the tuning and warranty issues with removing the cats. I know there is gains to be had with the off road x pipe and time but I'd rather the piece of mind of a warranty. If you just get the axle back get an exhaust shop to bend you the rest of the pipes if you don't want to pay for the whole catback...it will save us a few bucks.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Rear fascia takes 30-45 minutes. An hour at most. The axle backs take another hour. That is with hand tools on the garage floor by self. Neither is hard at all.
When you know what your doing and are handy working on vehicles. If you have never done anything like this and have no experience working with vehicles it will take you longer than 45 mins. I agree though, do it yourself.save some money and learn something new and have the self accomplishment and pride in working on your own car.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Instructions are included with everything and you can easily do the rear fascia and the axle backs. Look in my garage I have the roush set up with square tips and the rear fascia. You won't be disappointed because it literally finishes it and the slant of the tips matches the fascia. The exhaust sounds good and honestly 125 dollars an hour is also a little much. Plus for a hundred dollars more then the borla you get the exhaust and rear fascia from roush and your back end looks smooth and not the stereotypical awkward look of aftermarket parts.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Oh and to add on if you decide to do headers and an x pipe later on the roush mufflers compliment the setup. Here is the vid of my base tune on the dyno with full exhaust including the roush mufflers

I like the sound of the Borla s type better but I must say I love the look of the roush rear with the square tips!!
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

I have the Borla s type catback and love it! I think the borla's are the best sounding exhaust for the 2011+! I would recommend saving for a cat back though since the whole factory setup is crap. All the pipes are crushed and heavy and with the resonators it all has to go. Myself I wouldn't get an off road x pipe because of the tuning and warranty issues with removing the cats. I know there is gains to be had with the off road x pipe and time but I'd rather the piece of mind of a warranty. If you just get the axle back get an exhaust shop to bend you the rest of the pipes if you don't want to pay for the whole catback...it will save us a few bucks.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------



When you know what your doing and are handy working on vehicles. If you have never done anything like this and have no experience working with vehicles it will take you longer than 45 mins. I agree though, do it yourself.save some money and learn something new and have the self accomplishment and pride in working on your own car.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------



I like the sound of the Borla s type better but I must say I love the look of the roush rear with the square tips!!
Thanks and really by now the mufflers are a small amount of my exhaust. I am still running the stock mid pipe and it doesn't add or take away from performance and from what I have read it doesn't faze the exhaust flow. I will say the mid pipe does look kind of like an eye sore but I only see it when I throw it on a lift
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.