Blackfire Wet Diamond - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Blackfire Wet Diamond

Hey Y'all, Has anyone had any experience with the (Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection and Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax). I just got the delivery from AutoGeek last night and will apply them today or tomorrow.
Black '13 Mustang GT picked up last Thursday. I keep it outside. NO Garage (my luck) what are you going to do. Directions say no direct sunlight, but is a cloudy day OK.
Suggestions will be appreciated!
Thanks
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond

Can you take a before application picture and after and post? Thanks.
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2012 Black 5.0 kept in the garage, but I use Zaino and you can apply it in the sun or shade.

Zaino Store

Nevermind, I finished reading your post. Find a nice large tree for shade, that should work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Where do you get the Zanio products...directly through their website or autoparts stores?
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Greg3 I think the idea is for the paint surface to be cool to the touch. So if you get lucky with a cloudy day you're good to go.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, all you guys, I will have to try that. Not really much of a choice except to pay detailer at Auto Car Wash his fee ($69 Exterior) to apply MY $80 car finishes. He never heard of Blackfire or Pinnacle etc. I think I seen a Meguire's sitting on the floor though.

I will take pictures after hand wash in the self wash place with my own Blackfire Wet Diamond Shampoo, then after Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection Sealant and then again after I apply and buff the Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax...

I know I am being a wuss about all of this, but this is my first "Mustang" (GT/BLACK) and I only got it last Thursday, so it's the first foundation wax job. You could say, I'm being a wuss. I can take it. Waaaaaah, Waaaaaah

Thank You All
Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado

ive never heard of those before we always used mcguires at our old paint shop. i personally use the turtle wax or the mcguires black wax in the liquid bottle works really great and keeps the black nice a deep and dark. people ask me how much it cost me to repaint my car i say its just wax and the only new paint on my car is the lights and the aftermarket hood thats how good that wax is. should check it out and good luck man
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
Thanks, all you guys, I will have to try that. Not really much of a choice except to pay detailer at Auto Car Wash his fee ($69 Exterior) to apply MY $80 car finishes. He never heard of Blackfire or Pinnacle etc. I think I seen a Meguire's sitting on the floor though.

I will take pictures after hand wash in the self wash place with my own Blackfire Wet Diamond Shampoo, then after Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection Sealant and then again after I apply and buff the Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax...

I know I am being a wuss about all of this, but this is my first "Mustang" (GT/BLACK) and I only got it last Thursday, so it's the first foundation wax job. You could say, I'm being a wuss. I can take it. Waaaaaah, Waaaaaah

Thank You All
No one is gonna call u a wuss for taking car of ur car mine, but black sux trust me no matter what u do something is gonna happen. I wash mine every week, wax every 2 at least n its garage kept, yet i have 2 scratches... Lifes a beach.. Lol
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
Where do you get the Zanio products...directly through their website or autoparts stores?
You can get it from their website unless you live in certain states like New Jersey
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
Website.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Website.
www.zainostore.com/
MarkJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #12

Region: Pennsylvania

any of you guys have experience with the Adam's line of products? Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA. I've only used the basic stuff (car wash, detail spray, etc) so far but i've liked it. i need to do a full detail on my wife's pilot soon and i was planning on using their stuff.
DBAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #13

Region: Texas

Adams is good stuff. Easy to apply and remove. I've used it for 7 years or so. They have a 15% off fathers day coupon right now. His stuff is near idiot proof.
JRod5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I just washed my car with the BlackFire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo. Followed all the instructions and when I was finished Microtowel drying the car and thought it looked ok, I went into the sun and there were smear and streak marks all over the car. Took me forever to microtowel buff them out. Hope I didn't create any swirl marks that I will see tomorrow.
That $18 bottle of shampoo will see my garbage can. I was so disappointed, that I was afraid to apply the Blackfire Wet Diamond paint sealant. Now I am at a standstill. Maybe I will just give away the $150 in Blackfire products away and start all over. I should have just stuck with the Meguire's, but no, I had to get something more upscale.
Well, that is where I stand. I think I will take my GT to a custom detailer and apply the initial sealant and wax on my new black car. Any help we be appreciated...
Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2808969369.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	53837

Name:	image-726236512.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	422.4 KB
ID:	53838

Name:	image-3068871044.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	53839

I just discoverd this product and its aplicator pad....awesome
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the help. I will check it out on the internet. By the way your black beauty is beautiful...
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
thanks for the help. I will check it out on the internet. By the way your black beauty is beautiful...
Thanks dude
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT