Ford - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.0MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
Ford

Have y'all read the bulletin ford just sent out? It basically says if you touch your car, it voids the warranty. I love mustangs but this has almost put me over the edge. America must suck now cuz out of the Detroit 3 one just plain out sucks, one is government owned, and one is made up of a bunch of ****ing liberals!! I expected this from Germany or Japan but not America. And then ford says "we've encouraged our customers to personalize their car for the past decade, but any failure cause by a part, not originally on the car will void the warranty." that includes ford racing parts! I am so damn pissed right now!!
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ucfknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 208
That sux. Why would it include of all things ford racing parts? I was thinking of getting an intake and tune from ford racing although I know a bama tune would be better.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.0MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
I have no idea. I will still have may dealership install all parts to insure warranty cuz ford ain't stopping me for ****. That for damn sure.
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ucfknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0MustangMan
I have no idea. I will still have may dealership install all parts to insure warranty cuz ford ain't stopping me for ****. That for damn sure.
I agree. All of my mods will be installed by Ford if possible.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.0MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
I just don't get why ford would do that! It's totally insane! If your gonna build a high performance car, let people customize it! I just don't get it...
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tha twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: California
Posts: 211
How the hell are you goin 2 sell racing parts and void the bull****!!! Smdh
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Ford

I don't see why people get all wound up about this. It's plain and simple,mod your car and warranty is void. You are putting mods on your vehicle that could potentially damage the engine and you expect Ford to replace it? So if you bought a plastic lawn chair and invited your 500lbs neighbor to have a seat in it and it broke would you want Home Depot to replace it? If you are worried about it have ford install everything or don't mod the car.......or you could just do it,have fun and except the fact that you voided your warranty by doing something that ford prohibits.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.0MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
I never said I was gonna do anything to the engine. Even an exhaust will void it.
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I don't see why people get all wound up about this. It's plain and simple,mod your car and warranty is void. You are putting mods on your vehicle that could potentially damage the engine and you expect Ford to replace it? So if you bought a plastic lawn chair and invited your 500lbs neighbor to have a seat in it and it broke would you want Home Depot to replace it? If you are worried about it have ford install everything or don't mod the car.......or you could just do it,have fun and except the fact that you voided your warranty by doing something that ford prohibits.
I agree.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.0MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
And I have to have warranty because I don't have enough faith in this car because of the problems I've already had before 8000 miles to void the warranty. Especially on my tight budget.
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0MustangMan
And I have to have warranty because I don't have enough faith in this car because of the problems I've already had before 8000 miles to void the warranty. Especially on my tight budget.
Then don't mod. Plain and simple.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
I can't see an axle back voiding a warranty. I can't see changing a muffler voiding the warranty on anything. Also up to this point an axle back was ok and wouldn't void your warranty. Gonna be hard for them to renig on that.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Re: Ford

It is a very simple concept to understand. With visual mods its hard for them to argue that is the reason why your powertrain or engine are having problems. Once you tap into either one of those items your warranty isn't going to cover anything. I don't even try to fight it out with ford anymore because I have taken the full responsibility that if anything happens with my engine or transmission now it is completely on me. If you want to be fully protected never buy a car anymore and only lease them. You cant mod a leased car and you can't mod a car if you want to maintain the warranty.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0MustangMan
I just don't get why ford would do that! It's totally insane! If your gonna build a high performance car, let people customize it! I just don't get it...
Same reason every other company does.. You just said the key word "build". Ford (or no one for that matter) can't cover a vehicle that they didn't build.. I.E. It's not their fault if you put a s/c on and your engine blows.. They didn't make the car to withstand those kinda numbers.. It'd be just like if you had someone build a house for you.. Then again few years later you decide to knock out a wall and add on.. 6 months later your roof collapses bc it was not made to be altered.. Your warranty is for a 412hp mustang.. Not 450.. Not 550.. Not 415 but 412.. I do agree that voiding a powertrain warranty over a set of axle backs is ridiculous.. If you want a car w more power that's warrantied get a Shelby.. Otherwise you play and you pay! Things would be no different regardless of the auto maker..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 453
Re: Ford

My local Ford dealership installs a lot of aftermarket parts and warranties all their work. Provided you buy and install there, they promise that they won't "tell" on you to Ford. They even installed a Roush SC in a car a few weeks ago.

Now if that SC blows the engine, I wonder who's paying for the repair? I guess the dealer is since Ford would walk away.

Regardless, it's nice to have a performance-minded, mod-friendly dealer.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Ford

This is the only horse that won't die no matter how many times you beat it to death.

Look...

1. Talk with your Service Manager at your local dealer. Get their advice on mods first.
2. The bottom line with mods are this...(from my experience with my Service Manager)...if the mod causes the damage then that part, issue, situation, problem, part, pieces, whatever is not covered under warranty.
3. Just because you mod one part doesn't mean the entire warranty is voided. What does a S/C (non warranty S/C) have to do with axle back exhaust or your SYNC Stereo System?
4. You take a chance with everything you do to your car. There are going to be people that disagree with this and that and everything else and have their own opinion. Again talk with your Service Manager they know best (at least they should)...
5. Ford Racing does not put a warranty on all their parts. For example FR S/C 525 HP Kit comes with a 12000/12 month warranty. The 624 HP kit and 750 HP kit do not.
6. Modding anything you take a chance of killing your car.

Just my two cents.

Relax, mod what you feel comfortable modding and enjoy your ride.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87
My local Ford dealership installs a lot of aftermarket parts and warranties all their work. Provided you buy and install there, they promise that they won't "tell" on you to Ford. They even installed a Roush SC in a car a few weeks ago.

Now if that SC blows the engine, I wonder who's paying for the repair? I guess the dealer is since Ford would walk away.

Regardless, it's nice to have a performance-minded, mod-friendly dealer.
The dealer would have to cover it.. ASSUMING that the vehicle owner has in writing that their warranty will not be voided... Otherwise your effed..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
This is the only horse that won't die no matter how many times you beat it to death.

Look...

1. Talk with your Service Manager at your local dealer. Get their advice on mods first.
2. The bottom line with mods are this...(from my experience with my Service Manager)...if the mod causes the damage then that part, issue, situation, problem, part, pieces, whatever is not covered under warranty.
3. Just because you mod one part doesn't mean the entire warranty is voided. What does a S/C (non warranty S/C) have to do with axle back exhaust or your SYNC Stereo System?
4. You take a chance with everything you do to your car. There are going to be people that disagree with this and that and everything else and have their own opinion. Again talk with your Service Manager they know best (at least they should)...
5. Ford Racing does not put a warranty on all their parts. For example FR S/C 525 HP Kit comes with a 12000/12 month warranty. The 624 HP kit and 750 HP kit do not.
6. Modding anything you take a chance of killing your car.

Just my two cents.

Relax, mod what you feel comfortable modding and enjoy your ride.
+1111 Well said
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 453
Re: Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
The dealer would have to cover it.. ASSUMING that the vehicle owner has in writing that their warranty will not be voided... Otherwise your effed..
Well, the dealer is charging extra - considerably. So they can cover it. My car came new from the dealer with a bunch of new Roush parts already installed ... and they guarantee a full warranty. I paid a premium for the parts and install (believe me) but it was convenient and covered.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87

Well, the dealer is charging extra - considerably. So they can cover it. My car came new from the dealer with a bunch of new Roush parts already installed ... and they guarantee a full warranty. I paid a premium for the parts and install (believe me) but it was convenient and covered.
Yeah I'm sure the bigger dealerships are able to do this no problem cuz they prolly figure they charge so much that for the few problems they foresee happening its profitable.. My dealership wouldn't do that but i only live in a town of 13k people..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #21
Registered User
Newbie
 
Stinger86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Asia
Posts: 9
Here in our country ( bahrain - middle east ) our dealer said that only you can use ford racing !!! Others will cancel the warranty
Stinger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 12
Re: Ford

The key is to find a reputable dealer and have the do the installs. A good dealer will stand behind the work if the mods are reasonable and installed by a qualified Ford tech.
__________________

2012 Ingot Silver Brembo GT 5.0
Suspension and CAI by Steeda
Custom Tuned by Brenspeed
Wheels by TSW
Exhaust by Magnaflow
vista6019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:40 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.