Redline Performance Hood Struts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Redline Performance Hood Struts

RedLine Performance Hood Struts. Just installed today and they are picture perfect. Install is tooo easy (10mm and 1/2in box/open end or socket) and you're done in 1/2 hour tops and they look sharp and work flawlessly.

The hood slows down just before it is fully open so it stops without any jerk or stress what so ever!!! Got the Plus series in black powder coat with red lettering (Black GT). I have to repeat myself, it makes the car look really sharp when open. Such a nice improvement for such a simple mod.

You will be very happy with this product!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Redline Performance Hood Struts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
RedLine Performance Hood Struts. Just installed today and they are picture perfect. Install is tooo easy (10mm and 1/2in box/open end or socket) and you're done in 1/2 hour tops and they look sharp and work flawlessly.

The hood slows down just before it is fully open so it stops without any jerk or stress what so ever!!! Got the Plus series in black powder coat with red lettering (Black GT). I have to repeat myself, it makes the car look really sharp when open. Such a nice improvement for such a simple mod.

You will be very happy with this product!
Pics? I'm shopping for hood struts, but I'm not sure where I'm gonna get them from.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'll try to take pics of the RedLine Performance Hydraulic Hood Struts today and post them.
Listen, If you go to the Redlineperformance.com website you will see the pics/video on and off a mustang. Trust Me, I did all the leg work and research and reading many user reviews of all the hood struts out there and I think these are the best. All the prices are about the same on the different brands of struts.

Most of them you have to loosen the factory hood brackets to ADD another black color bracket that comes with the new struts on the hood, add another bracket on the inside fender, relocate the window washer hose and plastic tie it to the new bracket, I,m tired already.

Redline! No drilling, no touching of factory brackets, no adding additional brackets to the hood itself, just the small ball brackets to accept the strut of course, etc, etc.

Believe me, this install could not be any simplier. No jerking or jarring of hood when it fully opens (smooth as silk) and most of all they DO LOOK GREAT when the hood is open, instead of that factory prop stick which is hot as a $%^&3#$& when the car is sitting in the sun.

You will not be disappointed!!!
Hey, I ride too and now I have to share my passions with two vehicles. I have been neglecting my Harley since my new baby arrived, but I will ride this weekend.
You are going to hate the threat of rain now even more than you ever did.
Best Wishes Good Luck with your new Dream Car.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

CORRECTION: I'm Sorry! LilRedGT, I have been on sooooo many different Websites with the name performance in so many of them, that I mistakenly gave you the incorrect name of the site. The Correct site for the Hood Struts - is REDLINETUNING.COM

GoodLuck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea these hood struts are awesome... took me about 5-10 mins to install 100% bolt in all u need is a 10mm socket and a 13mm wrench and that's it.... I got the Redline Elites, sorry I don't have a better pic car is at home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120611_084437.png
Views:	244
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	54191   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120611_084446.png
Views:	208
Size:	517.9 KB
ID:	54192  

gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Yep, I have the same install. Love it! Certainly better than the prop rod. You have much greater access to all the areas, no idiot at a car show will hit it and drop on his head, and cleaner look overall. This is definitely a first purchase and I wonder WHY ON EARTH FORD DOESN'T INSTALL THEM ON ALL THEIR MUSCLE CARS? Afterall, my other imports have them - standard equipment!!!
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks so much NAVYGUY. I found the sight and will order them next payday. I hate hate hate that prop rod.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

THAT was GREG3! NO Biggie. Best Wishes...
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3
THAT was GREG3! NO Biggie. Best Wishes...
Thank you too LOL.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT