Getting off the line. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Getting off the line.

So I went to the track last night and I had a hard time getting off the line. I have a 2013 mustang gt 6spd, brembo package, 3.73 gears, roush axle backs, airaid cold air intake, and 93 octane bama race tune. I put the tune and cold air intake on right before I went to the track last night. I can really feel the difference in power, the tires break lose with the traction control on.

Any suggestions? Besides getting some new tires.
CoyoteAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'd say short of new tires just do a quick chirp to dust off tires. From line I'd just leave from idle and short shift 2nd until you get a feel for her.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
The stock tires like heat. Do a good burn out slip the clutch on a 100-1500 rpm launch. Should net some OK 1.9ish 60fts. To be able to launch like a manual was met to do going to need some slicks.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Getting off the line.

I'll try that next friday, I'll probably get some tires soon, after I get another car for a daily driver.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAce View Post
So I went to the track last night and I had a hard time getting off the line. I have a 2013 mustang gt 6spd, brembo package, 3.73 gears, roush axle backs, airaid cold air intake, and 93 octane bama race tune. I put the tune and cold air intake on right before I went to the track last night. I can really feel the difference in power, the tires break lose with the traction control on.

CoyoteAce,

Great pick up man, the 2013 is a hell of a machine! You didn't waste any time with modding your stang either!

Try and heat up the stock tires real good and pull of easy in first, then lay into it! (like these guys said). That will at least help a little.

With that much power though, I would suggest some adjustable lower control arms & a sticky tire!

This is just my opinion, I hope this helps!

Hit me up if you have any questions!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAce View Post

Bennettstang you did not mention track pack, so you probably have 3:73 limited slip. The torsen will hook up better due to torgue bias not as expense as you may think. The choice of rock curlers and road racers. Not drifters (ice skating w/cars) they do not want to hook-up, just a thought. I don't drag race. My friends that do full time LOVE Detroit lockers
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I must of made a dozen passes when I went to the track. I have a six speed manual, with some basic upgrades. WMs ram air intake with the 100mm maf tube, hush power flow master cat back, sct bama 93 tune, and 4.10 gear. I choose to start my testing with a set of micky thompson slicks on 15" wheels. I figured the stock tires would be worthless. Well my times were all over the runway. Worst time of 12.6 with traction control cutting engine power on 1-2 shift to a best of 11.8 @ 118 mph. The slicks at times showed to have a bit too much traction. Launching at 2800 rpm pulled the left front wheel up about an inch and a half, and then there was just not enough power to carry the weight through. slipping in at 1500-1800 is probably the sweet spot with our mods. The 5.0 developes full torque almost on demand. Also I'm running outta power at the traps. I'm redlining 4th and I feel the car not pull after 6500. I'm thinking I need a boss intake to cure this little matter.
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Struego, I'm a road racer, auto-x plus I was only offering want I know of differentials for my sport. If you are dragster it should be a locker, road racer torsen. I have been told by my drag friends the torsen is better than limited slip. Makes sense to me based on other cars i have had.
The ford 8.8 is what roush jr runs in the continental tires series, gears ?, but it is torsen.

s
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Talking Re: Getting off the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
CoyoteAce,

Great pick up man, the 2013 is a hell of a machine! You didn't waste any time with modding your stang either!

Try and heat up the stock tires real good and pull of easy in first, then lay into it! (like these guys said). That will at least help a little.

With that much power though, I would suggest some adjustable lower control arms & a sticky tire!

This is just my opinion, I hope this helps!

Hit me up if you have any questions!

- Dan
Yeah, I didn't waste anytime modding, Im getting some springs next week, I haven't decided which ones yet, i just got the j&m lower control arms; they're not adjustable I proll get the uppers too. My next mod after the springs are some 15x8 race stars w/ some Mickey Thompson radials or slicks. I'm addicted.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

I heard heating up the stock Pirelli's make them even greasier and you want to stay out of the water patch. I have the Ford Racing adjustable suspension and an Edelbrock Supercharger #1588. I couldn't get traction either. Pickup my Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II's on Dale Earnhardt wheels in a few days. Hope I can get better times with the new tires.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorlet
I heard heating up the stock Pirelli's make them even greasier and you want to stay out of the water patch. I have the Ford Racing adjustable suspension and an Edelbrock Supercharger #1588. I couldn't get traction either. Pickup my Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II's on Dale Earnhardt wheels in a few days. Hope I can get better times with the new tires.
With a blower it don't matter what u do on street tires your not hooking
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT