Traction issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 73
Traction issues

Can anyone help me out on this one? I just added the boss intake to my car and now when the car is shifting into second gear at the track the amount of power to the stock wheels break free. Will lower control arms help with this issue? Or would a set of new mickey thompson drag radials help. If tires what size. I have a 2012 ford mustang gt automatic transmission with 3.15 gears. I've added a roush CAI and axle back exhaust and the boss intake. Running the Bama tunes. Please help if you can. I'll be headed back to the track in about two or three weeks. Thanks again.
Sprintradc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
A good set of MT DR will be perfect. Go with some ravestars 15x8 with a 275/60/15 DR.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
CoyoteAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 105
Re: Traction issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
A good set of MT DR will be perfect. Go with some ravestars 15x8 with a 275/60/15 DR.
Are the MT worth the 20.00 more than the m&h racemasters? Or should i expect the same results with either?
CoyoteAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAce

Are the MT worth the 20.00 more than the m&h racemasters? Or should i expect the same results with either?
I have never ran the M&H Dr's. I have used NT05R's and hated them. Never hooked with them. With MT never had issue always hook if even a little prep. Been to some tracks though that nothing hooks. Been to one in KY with my G8(500whp) that with street tires I cut 1.7 60fts. They did great prep. Would take your shoes off if didn't have them tight.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: Traction issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintradc View Post
Can anyone help me out on this one? I just added the boss intake to my car and now when the car is shifting into second gear at the track the amount of power to the stock wheels break free. Will lower control arms help with this issue? Or would a set of new mickey thompson drag radials help. If tires what size. I have a 2012 ford mustang gt automatic transmission with 3.15 gears. I've added a roush CAI and axle back exhaust and the boss intake. Running the Bama tunes. Please help if you can. I'll be headed back to the track in about two or three weeks. Thanks again.
Sprintradc,

Yes, Lower control arms will help with your traction issues! I would attempt a sticky tire to start!

The stock wheels are very skinny so with that much power, they break loose pretty easily!

I would lean towards a light weight/wide wheel under the rear, So that you can run a 275+ Drag radial.

As far as brand name Radial's go, I don't think you can go wrong! Mickey Thompson and M&H's are both sick. Remember this is just my opinion!

I Hope this helps! Hit me up if you have any questions!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
351mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 274
dan love the fact that u give advice shows that AM people know what they are talking about.
351mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.