GT Track Pack 2013 GT 1st oil change. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
GT Track Pack 2013 GT 1st oil change.

What is the general thought on the first oil change ? In the past I like to get the first one done at a 1000 miles max. I've heard that there is a special additive in the factory oil to seat the rings. Any one have any thoughts pro or con to early first oil change ?
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
maltesefalcon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Change the oil when the manual says to. Just make sure you check it frequently to see if it's burning oil.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My first oil change was at 1k. Got rid of all the factory crap and put my own brand new oil and filter. I used 5w-30 not 5w-20 also. Do it at 1k
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh
My first oil change was at 1k. Got rid of all the factory crap and put my own brand new oil and filter. I used 5w-30 not 5w-20 also. Do it at 1k
Not wise and you will ind out why. I had my oil tested when I removed it at 10,000kms and it was as clean as brand new oil. Absolutely no need to change it earlier.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon19
What is the general thought on the first oil change ? In the past I like to get the first one done at a 1000 miles max. I've heard that there is a special additive in the factory oil to seat the rings. Any one have any thoughts pro or con to early first oil change ?
So question what route you going? Are you sticking to what your manual says or u going with 5w30?
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I think at this point 5w50 as that is what is recommended. I agree you need to watch the oil level and if it starts burning up it will be a time for a visit to Ford. Not sure if they will top off or replace. My GT is due in in the next week or so after 4 month wait. Only good thing about the wait was I was able to take advantage of all the info out there.
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
Old 06-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think at this point 5w50 as that is what is recommended. I agree you need to watch the oil level and if it starts burning up it will be a time for a visit to Ford. Not sure if they will top off or replace. My GT is due in in the next week or so after 4 month wait. Only good thing about the wait was I was able to take advantage of all the info out there.
Here's what I am doing. At 1000 I'm changing the oil, motor craft 5w30. I will stick with what fords says especially cause I am concerned about my warranty. I might go 5w30 in winter.

That's the plan right now. Good luck let me know what u do
Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

When the car comes in I will talk to service and see what they say. Take a look at this from the manual. A sheet clarifying GT Track owners. Have to see what service says about this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3643062172.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	54050  

Xenophon
Old 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When the car comes in I will talk to service and see what they say. Take a look at this from the manual. A sheet clarifying GT Track owners. Have to see what service says about this.
Yup that's what I have. And that's what following
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Not wise and you will ind out why. I had my oil tested when I removed it at 10,000kms and it was as clean as brand new oil. Absolutely no need to change it earlier.
I'd rather change it and know exactly what I'm putting in.
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: GT Track Pack 2013 GT 1st oil change.

I don't know much about cars, but when I bought my motorcycle they said change it after the first 300 miles because in a new engine there could be metal flakes and stuff in it. After that, every 3000. I did that and my bike runs like it did when it was brand new.... so my plan is to change my oil at 1000, change to mobil1 synthetic 5w 20, then every 5,000 after that. There are so many different opinions out here and everyone thinks they're right... so just do your own research and do what you feel is best.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT