Un-marrying a SCT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Un-marrying a SCT

Help me if you only know for a fact. Not trying to be a prick. Just need a fact.
If you are flashed back to stock, is the SCT device considered un-married ?? The Shop, will do a custom dyno tune for me for $300.00, but said my device must be unmarried. Got this info in a email response today so no conversation or I would have asked. Thanks Fellows!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
If you return your car to stock it is unmarried.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Un-marrying a SCT

Returning it to stock will un-marry it, but your car won't run with the mods you have listed. You can do this in their parking lot, but they will have to drag/pull it on to the dyno.

I would call them back and ask for clarification as to whether it needs to be unmarried, or if it is OK for it to be married to your car for them to be able to pull it onto the dyno and have them return to stock as part of the tuning process. I would also have them do before/after pulls with your current tune and the tune they write just so you see where you stand.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Forgive my ignorance in the matter but for a shop to write a tune specifically for your car don't they have to do a pull on the dyno with your current setup so they can see where you stand and where changes need to be made? I don't know Jack or **** about tunes or dyno's. Someone enlighten me because I just ordered an SCT SF3 from AM and eventually I'd like to have a dyno tune.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Forgive my ignorance in the matter but for a shop to write a tune specifically for your car don't they have to do a pull on the dyno with your current setup so they can see where you stand and where changes need to be made? I don't know Jack or **** about tunes or dyno's. Someone enlighten me because I just ordered an SCT SF3 from AM and eventually I'd like to have a dyno tune.
You're right. They should.

I would be a little skeptical of this shop if they are not doing that, and can't handle the three-button-press process of returning it to stock.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No,I think they will do anything I want.They are just saying that come time for the custom dyno tune by them I need to have a unmarried device. If not I am sure they would love to sell me another SCT and charge much more than the 300.00.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
No,I think they will do anything I want.They are just saying that come time for the custom dyno tune by them I need to have a unmarried device. If not I am sure they would love to sell me another SCT and charge much more than the 300.00.
Well there is no difference between a device married to your car and an unmarried device. Are they being intentionally difficult?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Well there is no difference between a device married to your car and an unmarried device. Are they being intentionally difficult?
Man to be honest I don't know what all the deal is. I will call them soon and find out and post here when I find out.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Man to be honest I don't know what all the deal is. I will call them soon and find out and post here when I find out.
Probably your best bet. Some people have a hard time articulating things properly via email but can explain it plain as day over the phone...
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Probably your best bet. Some people have a hard time articulating things properly via email but can explain it plain as day over the phone...
Ok.....Got it straight on what they want. It's simple as having your own SCT for the price they quoted. (300.00) Just drive there and when its in they will flash to stock(un-marry) and do the tune.I'll leave with new custom tune and print out of my numbers. He said I can expect to be 3 to 4 hours.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Ok.....Got it straight on what they want. It's simple as having your own SCT for the price they quoted. (300.00) Just drive there and when its in they will flash to stock(un-marry) and do the tune.I'll leave with new custom tune and print out of my numbers. He said I can expect to be 3 to 4 hours.
Cool, will they give you before and after numbers?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool, will they give you before and after numbers?
Did not ask, but I am sure they would. Good question for me to ask when I call for appointment. Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT