Mt-82 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #36
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I think quality is farther down the list than second. You are exactly right though that companies make products in China because its cheap.
Ha, your prob right!
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Mt-82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
Well I picked up a friend this afternoon. He had not rode in my Stang yet so we went for a ride. I nailed it went to shift to 2nd,fail. Clutched it shifted to 2nd. Nailed it went to shift to 3rd,fail. The absolute worst my car has ever shifted. It just flat out did not want to go into gear. Almost like I had to force it. The third time it shifted to 2nd ok but still screwed 3rd. Even when it went to 2nd it felt forced. The mgw wouldn't be a bad idea except for the fact if the trans goes one day they'll most likely wanna void the warranty on the transmission. Good job Ford on putting a cheap POS transmission in a $30,000+ car.
Welcome to the club! Your member # is 10000. LOL

2nd to 3rd in my car is the biggest sonofa....ya know....in the world.
I dont know how many times i have embarresed myself trying to powershift the car from 2nd to 3rd and missed third just because it wont go in AT ALL. I hear the Barton bracket alone can help a little bit, how? I have no clue but i guess its worth a shot. I agree with you 100%, Ford sh** the bed on this one.
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12

Welcome to the club! Your member # is 10000. LOL

2nd to 3rd in my car is the biggest sonofa....ya know....in the world.
I dont know how many times i have embarresed myself trying to powershift the car from 2nd to 3rd and missed third just because it wont go in AT ALL. I hear the Barton bracket alone can help a little bit, how? I have no clue but i guess its worth a shot. I agree with you 100%, Ford sh** the bed on this one.
Well it did a tad better this morning. It seems to do better shifted at 6500 than 6800. Idk. I'm sure Ford has lost some customers with the Getragged transmission though.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Im happy with my trans so far. At first i had a little bit of whine and clunkyness but the royal purple fluid helped tremendisly. Any remaining harshness came from the shifter itself. But now with the MGW in, it feels like it should have from the factory if not better.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
Well it did a tad better this morning. It seems to do better shifted at 6500 than 6800. Idk. I'm sure Ford has lost some customers with the Getragged transmission though.
Mine is the same way. Normal driving its fine, i can use my fingers to get it in gear, some play in it but nothing crazy. above 6500 is where the problems start. I heard it was a safety feature in the car but i dont know if thats true or not.
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

It all comes down to economics....LABOR...pay someone $1-3/hr in China or India vice $80/hr in America because Unions have forced pay to rise thus losing out to foreign competitors. Obviously off topic from the MT-82!
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
It all comes down to economics....LABOR...pay someone $1-3/hr in China or India vice $80/hr in America because Unions have forced pay to rise thus losing out to foreign competitors. Obviously off topic from the MT-82!
It's the root cause!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're exactly right
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY View Post
Not off topic at all, this is the exact problem. The unions in the US have driven the price of labor so unreasonably high that most companies can't justify utilizing our workforce, and on the other hand you have dirt cheap communist labor.

There has to be a solution, and I suspect that it's paying American workers more realistic wages. Let's face it, you don't deserve to bring home a six digit salary for putting things together.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:

Not off topic at all, this is the exact problem. The unions in the US have driven the price of labor so unreasonably high that most companies can't justify utilizing our workforce, and on the other hand you have dirt cheap communist labor.

There has to be a solution, and I suspect that it's paying American workers more realistic wages. Let's face it, you don't deserve to bring home a six digit salary for putting things together.
That will only lead to more ppl under government care. People think working in a factory isn't worth $10-12 per hour.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

Or they just went to a auto instead. I still don't know why ford doesn't just use the 6060s even the camaro ss gets the 6060 why not the gt. I much rather pay an extra 2k and not have any problems.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
So is this how it starts?
I was in the car today, it's a bit cool outside. Shifting just feels like it takes more effort. As I go into third there's a Hesitation before it pops in.
I'm afraid to power shift, I feel like it would break the car!

What should I replace the tran fluid with. I heard that helps
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
Or they just went to a auto instead. I still don't know why ford doesn't just use the 6060s even the camaro ss gets the 6060 why not the gt. I much rather pay an extra 2k and not have any problems.
Funny you would say that, Ford does use the 6060 in the '13 GT500 and it still has shifting issues. The ZL1 uses the same trans and shifts fine. I think it's something inherently sloppy in the S197 chassis, and this was somewhat confirmed for me when I had my BMR k-member installed and it cleaned up the shipping a lot.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
So is this how it starts?
I was in the car today, it's a bit cool outside. Shifting just feels like it takes more effort. As I go into third there's a Hesitation before it pops in.
I'm afraid to power shift, I feel like it would break the car!

What should I replace the tran fluid with. I heard that helps
AMSOil MTG is a bit better in the summer, Redline MTL is a bit better for year-round driving in cold climates.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just have them made in mexico like the 6060s I have yet to see them fail even with high HP car. From the looks of it its between the can't assemble transmissions for s**t, or the trans as a whole it just a complete fail.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Comparison Test

Quote:
Also, the GT500's shifter protested aggressive 1-2 shifts, sometimes rejecting 2nd gear altogether — a problem we've had when testing previous versions of the Ford Shelby GT500.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Funny you would say that, Ford does use the 6060 in the '13 GT500 and it still has shifting issues. The ZL1 uses the same trans and shifts fine. I think it's something inherently sloppy in the S197 chassis, and this was somewhat confirmed for me when I had my BMR k-member installed and it cleaned up the shipping a lot.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

AMSOil MTG is a bit better in the summer, Redline MTL is a bit better for year-round driving in cold climates.
I have used the 6060S in many pre '13 gt500 and with no problems but have yet to drive a '13 gt500 . But the s197 is a good chassis, but it is far from perfect. A client was having shiffting issues and were fixed by putting new poly bushings on the trans member, tho I don't know it it fully solved his problem. Could it be like the mazdaspeed3 trans that the plastic parts were getting worn down to fast and would result in missing gears.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
I have used the 6060S in many pre '13 gt500 and with no problems but have yet to drive a '13 gt500 . But the s197 is a good chassis, but it is far from perfect. A client was having shiffting issues and were fixed by putting new poly bushings on the trans member, tho I don't know it it fully solved his problem. Could it be like the mazdaspeed3 trans that the plastic parts were getting worn down to fast and would result in missing gears.
My point was that the ZL1 uses the exact same trans, but only the GT500 experienced shifting problems. Couple that with all the MT82 platforms and I'm thinking that we are seeing more than just bad QC from China (although I think that's a big part of it).
Old 06-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

That will only lead to more ppl under government care. People think working in a factory isn't worth $10-12 per hour.
They should be sent to do field work in the hot sun for $8 an hour and see if the $10 in a a/c equipped factory is not enough.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote:

My point was that the ZL1 uses the exact same trans, but only the GT500 experienced shifting problems. Couple that with all the MT82 platforms and I'm thinking that we are seeing more than just bad QC from China (although I think that's a big part of it).
What ever it is ford needs to get on it quickly before people get mad. All I can say is those Australians made a really good chassis a bit of a pig but a good chassis none the less.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Out of curiousity, how many of us own iPhones and iPads?

Jw wondering because they are also made in china
I got rid my iPhone..use a android now. Like it more. I was a iPhone Guy also till this phone. Had a 3 then 4 with iPhone.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Thats very true... I shifted today at 6800 2nd to 3rd and it went great... I do notice tho when turning for instance at an advaced light and shifting into 2nd thats the only time i feel and here a notch in the tranny.. It seems when there stress put on the chassy it harder to shift. Am i wrong?
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

It sucks most ppl have issues with these trains... I haven't had any issues whatsoever and I'm still on the factory fill, I never changed the fluid in fear that it may give me a problem down the road and changing the fluid on my own will void warranty... I'm wondering if changing fluid will make it even smoother, its been buttery smooth so far
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
It sucks most ppl have issues with these trains... I haven't had any issues whatsoever and I'm still on the factory fill, I never changed the fluid in fear that it may give me a problem down the road and changing the fluid on my own will void warranty... I'm wondering if changing fluid will make it even smoother, its been buttery smooth so far
Same here. My tranny is perfect. Thinking about changing the fluid this summer and it might be even batter.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Dear <Customer>,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 6/13/2012 regarding your inquiry about the transmission in the 2013 Ford Mustang GT with the 6 speed manual transmission.

Congratulations on your purchase of the popular Ford Mustang GT. Ford of Canada makes every effort to maintain a high standard of quality control in our manufacturing process and we take pride in being world leaders of automotive products and services. From time to time, option packages are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances and dealership input.

As per our resources, this model has the following manual transmission:

• New hill start assist enhances starts from a standstill, even when on an incline
• Aggressive (short) 1st gear ratio delivers exhilarating launch feel
• Tall overdrive gear ratio reduces engine rpm at highway speeds to help maximize fuel economy
• Short shifter throws, positive internal shift stops and full gear synchronization provide confident and smooth overall shift feel
• Hard-finished gears for reduced gear whine and durability
• Two-piece housing helps reduce overall driveline binding
• Skip-shift feature goes from 1st to 4th gear at certain speeds to help fuel efficiency
• Reverse lockout feature helps protect the transmission from accidental engagement of Reverse
– Shifter will engage Reverse only if the handle is pushed down before shifting
• Transmission is “filled for life” with synthetic fluid
• Standard on all models

Your business and support of our product is appreciated. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Jennifer
Ford of Canada
Customer Relationship Centre

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

I sent an email into Ford about my 2013 and what revisions they made to the transmission, and this was what they told me. Notice how the explanations point to an issue with the previous transmission but they never admit it. They use smooth wording to cover themselves.
Nichg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichg
Dear <Customer>,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 6/13/2012 regarding your inquiry about the transmission in the 2013 Ford Mustang GT with the 6 speed manual transmission.

Congratulations on your purchase of the popular Ford Mustang GT. Ford of Canada makes every effort to maintain a high standard of quality control in our manufacturing process and we take pride in being world leaders of automotive products and services. From time to time, option packages are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances and dealership input.

• New hill start assist enhances starts from a standstill, even when on an incline
• Tall overdrive gear ratio reduces engine rpm at highway speeds to help maximize fuel economy
• Short shifter throws, positive internal shift stops and full gear synchronization provide confident and smooth overall shift feel
• Skip-shift feature goes from 1st to 4th gear at certain speeds to help fuel efficiency
• Reverse lockout feature helps protect the transmission from accidental engagement of Reverse
• Standard on all models

Your business and support of our product is appreciated. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Sincerely,
Jennifer
Ford of Canada

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

I sent an email into Ford about my 2013 and what revisions they made to the transmission, and this was what they told me. Notice how the explanations point to an issue with the previous transmission but they never admit it. They use smooth wording to cover themselves.
Wow good stuff!!!! Thank you
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichg
Dear <Customer>,

• Standard on all models

Sincerely,
Jennifer
Ford of Canada

I don't see anything pointing towards an issue on the previous model.
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Read it again and note the revisions they made like the two piece casing to stop driveline binding and see how they note the smooth confident full synchronization of the gears. All these revisions give evidence to the fact that there is a problem with the 2011+ transmissions
Nichg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT