thinking about a 2013 mustang gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #36

Region: Pennsylvania
My father in law has a 08 gt vert and 84 gt350. So i agree they are way cooler... on my to ford now so i will let u know what i think
beaky73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt

LOL.. No way! There are literally FEET more room in the Challenger. Measure it. I can't even sit upright in the back of the Mustang without my head touching the roof... not so in the Challenger.
Challengers have more head room that's about it but overall they lack. I can fit 2 adults in the back and they still have room. Had them in a challenger and they preferred to be in the trunk
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Just a heads up, mustang people are wayyyy cooler than challenger people
+1
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: thinking about a 2013 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
Challengers have more head room that's about it but overall they lack. I can fit 2 adults in the back and they still have room. Had them in a challenger and they preferred to be in the trunk
I won't keep arguing this point. The two companies' product descriptions alone would tell anyone which one has more room. Ford says the Mustang seats 4, Dodge boasts that the Challenger seats 5 comfortably. When Tony and I were shopping for our cars he found a site somewhere that actually gave the dimensions of the interiors, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, the guy can decide for himself which one is more appropriate for him. I drive both cars on a regular basis, and for a long trip with a child, I'll be taking the Dodge.

**Edit**
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...nger/Interior/

The 2012 Dodge Challenger impresses reviewers with more interior and cargo space than rival muscle cars. With seating for five and a large trunk, the Challenger is a roomy alternative to four-seat competitors like the Ford Mustang or Chevrolet Camaro. But despite that interior space, the Challenger is not without its shortcomings. Some reviewers say the Challenger’s bland interior styling, plastic trim and a confusing audio interface detract from its spacious interior.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

It can sear 5 comfortably? That's why it has bucket rear seats? Don't know how that's comfortable. It's a review doesn't mean everything said about it is true. The interior is pure garbage on them as is with most dodges. I agree with that.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The srt8s interior is better than the mustangs and there's no question that the challenger has more room inside.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris
The srt8s interior is better than the mustangs and there's no question that the challenger has more room inside.
the srt8's interior is really nice my 17 year old sister has a srt8 challenger and it is bad ***
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #43
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

the srt8's interior is really nice my 17 year old sister has a srt8 challenger and it is bad ***
Wow she must be a workaholic to afford one at 17 haha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow she must be a workaholic to afford one at 17 haha
still in highschool
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

still in highschool
Gotcha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Why are all you Challenger fanatics on a Forum for Mustang owners/ enthusiasts? Hasn't Mopar figured out how forums work? I guess their still trying to figure out how to pay back their bail out!
CPERR2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPERR2013
Why are all you Challenger fanatics on a Forum for Mustang owners/ enthusiasts? Hasn't Mopar figured out how forums work? I guess their still trying to figure out how to pay back their bail out!
I just think dodge overall sucks. They fail and can't make their own diesels have to contract it out making their garbage trucks cost more prob one of the main reasons they needed a bail out and their hemis are junk. Hemis were the best in the 60s and 70s but not they are just a joke. Their charger I have to admit was fun ripping around. If I ever wanted a family sports car it would be a charger for the full 4 doors. Only thing I liked about dodge is they give you the sunroof option or challenger and charger and push start. Wish ford did the same. That's the only thing that almost had me get a charger was the sunroof. Nice to have sometimes but I was able to get a fully loaded 5.0 with maxed options for half the price of the charger and challenger
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #48
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Would be nice if Ford would offer the 5.0 in the new Taurus! The Eco Boost is nice, but fairly pricy and once out of warranty would probably be pretty price to work on.
Yeah they should it looses to Chrysler in that respect.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
The challenger srt8 (392) has a very cheap interior and the only thing nicer then the stangs are the seats. But they are very thick and heavy just like the rest of the heavy car.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm definitely not a Challenger fanatic. I've dreamed of owning a shiny red Mustang since I was a little girl. I just won't lie to someone just to convince them to buy one. If I had wanted a Challenger, I would have bought one. I am totally in love with my Stang and wouldn't trade it for any other car on the road. But I don't have small kids anymore.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

The challenger srt8 (392) has a very cheap interior and the only thing nicer then the stangs are the seats. But they are very thick and heavy just like the rest of the heavy car.
Very cheap interior? Give me a break
Old 06-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:

Agree.

And no doubt the Challenger has more room. My stang has no rear seats now. Simply cause no one is sitting back there. Least comfortablely unless they are midgets. My son is 6'1" 150lbs and he was like dad there is no room back here. My 5'8" daughter said the same thing.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2061791261.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	55145

Name:   image-164748330.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:	image-4230509675.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	55147

Name:	image-395653431.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	55148

I love my Stang but it's just not this sexy. Nor does the back seat have near this much room. My sons car seat stays crammed between the front seats. There's no way I'd sit here and lie. Call me whatever. Just like if I had a Challenger r/t I wouldn't be on their forums saying how much faster they are than the 5.0. I'm a realist.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

I love my Stang but it's just not this sexy. Nor does the back seat have near this much room. My sons car seat stays crammed between the front seats. There's no way I'd sit here and lie. Call me whatever. Just like if I had a Challenger r/t I wouldn't be on their forums saying how much faster they are than the 5.0. I'm a realist.
I've driven both before buying. A 6.4 hemi challenger srt 6 speed and a 2011 v6 6 speed. I felt the v6 was faster lol forget the 5.0, theres no comparison!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

I've driven both before buying. A 6.4 hemi challenger srt 6 speed and a 2011 v6 6 speed. I felt the v6 was faster lol forget the 5.0, theres no comparison!
You need your feelings checked if the v6 felt faster than the 6.4L. The 6.4 stock for stock is faster than the 5.0. They've been known to hit low 12s.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Maybe you felt that the v6 was more nimble but I cannot see how it would be faster

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You need your feelings checked if the v6 felt faster than the 6.4L. The 6.4 stock for stock is faster than the 5.0. They've been known to hit low 12s.
I'm not saying it was faster, it felt faster. There's a big diff on the way they r geared, shifting felt tighter in the Stang. The challenger was like driving a boat in the air. Couldn't feel the road at all.

But the hemi being faster then a 5.0? Well I guess sometimes what you feel is always right, even if u sit in both and the 5.0 seems faster, I guess the challenger could be. My experience is limited to street and highway driving

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote:

Maybe you felt that the v6 was more nimble but I cannot see how it would be faster
Yeah when I say faster that's what I mean, I chirped 1st 2nd and 3rd in the v6 lol just loved the ride.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Again...having both cars in the driveway, I can tell you true. Off the line the Challenger RT Plus is quicker, but by the time you hit second or third gear, it becomes clear that the 5.0 is definitely the "boss ".
Old 06-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

It is a subjective or functionality choice; you situations seems to be function. Saying that, both are FUN yet different, you need to decide which is best for you or family. Good luck!

Bennettstang
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettstang
It is a subjective or functionality choice; you situations seems to be function. Saying that, both are FUN yet different, you need to decide which is best for you or family. Good luck!

Bennettstang
+1
Old 06-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not in your boat; mine will both be in college at once next year. Not great for mods and gas. I ordered a 2013 stang, track pack, recaros and pedestal spoiler. Premium I wanted the sync & radio. I'm the one that said it is a smart mans BOSS! I had to sell a 280 turbo as they started to hit the ground. You might just want to put the sports car on HOLD for later and then threat yourself to the real deal PORSCHE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I actually agree the interior impress me much, not a horrible interior but not a 59k car interior either

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote:

That's not a challenger
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

That's not a challenger
Oh I see. Posted wrong pic. That dash pic is the srt8 Charger. My bad. It looks better too though. Lol. I like the dash/gauges a tad more in the 2013 GTs as opposed to the 2011-2012 GTs.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt
Again...having both cars in the driveway, I can tell you true. Off the line the Challenger RT Plus is quicker, but by the time you hit second or third gear, it becomes clear that the 5.0 is definitely the "boss ".
I disagree with the r/t being faster off the line... From experience. My step dad has the r/t AND the 392 (in the same damn color... Whyyyyy) and that r/t was a slug off the line compared to me and I cant launch worth a crap.

Haven't raced the 392 yet but I've driven it, definitely has more low end torque and can pull harder at 3k rpm than a 5.0 could at 3k rom but up top they accelerate about the same... Couldn't tell a difference. Stock tires are sticky as hell though so those are definitely as fast as the 5.0 off the line
Old 06-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

NUCKCHORRIS, IF you are asking me were then, THEN is what my Father taught me. Your own hold until you have raised your family and given them all you can; yes they are #1. I took care of that for me with Football, full ride. Yet he he put two others thru. I appreciate Ken trying to work both out.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
NUCKCHORRIS, IF you are asking me were then, THEN is what my Father taught me. Your own hold until you have raised your family and given them all you can; yes they are #1. I took care of that for me with Football, full ride. Yet he he put two others thru. I appreciate Ken trying to work both out.
What are you talking about??
Old 06-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry, some one asked when is then. Please forgive mis understandings.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not in your boat; mine will both be in college at once next year. Not great for mods and gas. I ordered a 2013 stang, track pack, recaros and pedestal spoiler. Premium I wanted the sync & radio. I'm the one that said it is a smart mans BOSS! I had to sell a 280 turbo as they started to hit the ground. You might just want to put the sports car on HOLD for later and then threat yourself to the real deal PORSCHE!!!!!!!!
Ur gonna love ur car. I actually say I love u every time I drive mine lmao
Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, I know you speak the truth. I can't wait. Yes I do want that Porsche some day. Yes I've driven many and I know the deference in torque vs. hp. It is just the light nest, thus nimble and feel. We Americans Muscle everything and Dr. Porsche had a different approach. I love and respect both. Thanks, bennettstang. Good Luck with your personnel
Quest
Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, I know you speak the truth. I can't wait. Yes I do want that Porsche some day. Yes I've driven many and I know the deference in torque vs. hp. It is just the light nest, thus nimble and feel. We Americans Muscle everything and Dr. Porsche had a different approach. I love and respect both. Thanks, bennettstang. Good Luck with your personnel
Quest
Right now my personal quest is to not lose my home and car cause I've been jobless for 2 months almost lol
Wish me luck : )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang