thinking about a 2013 mustang gt - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

You need your feelings checked if the v6 felt faster than the 6.4L. The 6.4 stock for stock is faster than the 5.0. They've been known to hit low 12s.
Challenger can't beat a 5.0 it's been proven in track reviews and in real life. I've spanked quite a few and my car is stock. I have yet to lose to a slowmaro or not a challenge challenger. Stock for stock
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #72
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Challenger can't beat a 5.0 it's been proven in track reviews and in real life. I've spanked quite a few and my car is stock. I have yet to lose to a slowmaro or not a challenge challenger. Stock for stock
Real world actually show the 392 vs a 5.0 both stock the 392 srt8 is faster.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Real world actually show the 392 vs a 5.0 both stock the 392 srt8 is faster.
I've raced 3 and haven't lost all in 2nd and 3rd gear pulls.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

All in all. Your paying how much more for a 392 just for the 50 more horse? With the difference could surcharge a 5.0 and have more fun then a stock 392
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

I've raced 3 and haven't lost all in 2nd and 3rd gear pulls.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

All in all. Your paying how much more for a 392 just for the 50 more horse? With the difference could surcharge a 5.0 and have more fun then a stock 392
You were racing from a roll? Rolls are for Thanksgiving. And how many stock 5.0s have you seen run low 12s?
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

You were racing from a roll? Rolls are for Thanksgiving. And how many stock 5.0s have you seen run low 12s?
Low 12s? All I see is mod 12s with standard ad high 12s with automatic. Don't see any lows Idc if it does your paying what 10 grand or more for that? I got my 5.0 fully loaded for 27k I have 30k to spend and get way more horse than it costs for a stock 392. Your over paying for a 392 than you are for a 5.0
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Low 12s? All I see is mod 12s with standard ad high 12s with automatic. Don't see any lows Idc if it does your paying what 10 grand or more for that? I got my 5.0 fully loaded for 27k I have 30k to spend and get way more horse than it costs for a stock 392. Your over paying for a 392 than you are for a 5.0


He also has several 12.2 runs. There's tons of vids of stock 392s running low 12s on YouTube. Yes it's more expensive. Because people will pay that for it. I think Dodge built it more for cruising or else they would've made it lighter.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #77
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Low 12s? All I see is mod 12s with standard ad high 12s with automatic. Don't see any lows Idc if it does your paying what 10 grand or more for that? I got my 5.0 fully loaded for 27k I have 30k to spend and get way more horse than it costs for a stock 392. Your over paying for a 392 than you are for a 5.0
27k for a fully loaded new 5.0? I would have to be there to believe it. Navigation/sync/leather/brembo/cs/glass roof/etc. Not going to happen.

And your not paying for the power alone. The Challenger has more room, nicer interior, quieter ride, more luxury ride.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris



He also has several 12.2 runs. There's tons of vids of stock 392s running low 12s on YouTube. Yes it's more expensive. Because people will pay that for it. I think Dodge built it more for cruising or else they would've made it lighter.
Agree. This is why its rumored they are coming out with the barracuda. Lighter with same power. Will be a nasty car if so.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

27k for a fully loaded new 5.0? I would have to be there to believe it. Navigation/sync/leather/brembo/cs/glass roof/etc. Not going to happen.

And your not paying for the power alone. The Challenger has more room, nicer interior, quieter ride, more luxury ride.
^----This
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangman5345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 168
I've been a mustang fan ever since I was a little kid. I could never tell you to get another car over the stang. It's just... Well a mustang (: but if you are looking for a car that had a little more room in the back seat, you might want to for something else. The mustang is for you, not particularly the family and you always need to do what's best for the family. I can see why it's a hard decision but... I think you'll regret it if you don't have that mustang in your driveway.
mustangman5345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40
Re: thinking about a 2013 mustang gt

I'm am sorry to see the majority of post about 1/4n times the new stang is a sports car! Everyone is a dragster, as my dealer; later, the Mustang is for more a car than strait line as I watch it in continental tire series. Why don't you 'all buy cobra jets and be done. Sorry Bennettstang & Woodford Reserve speaking
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #81
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettstang
I'm am sorry to see the majority of post about 1/4n times the new stang is a sports car! Everyone is a dragster, as my dealer; later, the Mustang is for more a car than strait line as I watch it in continental tire series. Why don't you 'all buy cobra jets and be done. Sorry Bennettstang & Woodford Reserve speaking
Cobra jets are not street legal. They are unvinned 100k race cars. And the ones on the continental series are not stock either.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40
Re: thinking about a 2013 mustang gt

I know, I'm just disappointed in the road course ability this car should be parsed for. Bennnettstng. going in strait line isn't my thing! Hope you understand. Out of the BOX they are better RR than ____________
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #83
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettstang
I know, I'm just disappointed in the road course ability this car should be parsed for. Bennnettstng. going in strait line isn't my thing! Hope you understand. Out of the BOX they are better RR than ____________
More people just worry about straight line acceleration then how fast they can go go around a road course. Honestly if I was buying for a road course I would buy a evo. Awd, Turbo perfect.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edens5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

More people just worry about straight line acceleration then how fast they can go go around a road course. Honestly if I was buying for a road course I would buy a evo. Awd, Turbo perfect.
A guy i practice with has a bone stock 2011 evo and i beat him 50% of the time on a 5 turn mile. These cars can handle excellent for a rwd. But yea awd turbo is the king of road courses. Cant blame me for tryin man!
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDuhl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

You need your feelings checked if the v6 felt faster than the 6.4L. The 6.4 stock for stock is faster than the 5.0. They've been known to hit low 12s.
Go buy a dodge lol
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #86
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

I love my Stang but it's just not this sexy. Nor does the back seat have near this much room. My sons car seat stays crammed between the front seats. There's no way I'd sit here and lie. Call me whatever. Just like if I had a Challenger r/t I wouldn't be on their forums saying how much faster they are than the 5.0. I'm a realist.
Thx for the pics and proving my point. The seats are the only thing that is nicer on the interior on the challenger over the mustang.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

27k for a fully loaded new 5.0? I would have to be there to believe it. Navigation/sync/leather/brembo/cs/glass roof/etc. Not going to happen.

And your not paying for the power alone. The Challenger has more room, nicer interior, quieter ride, more luxury ride.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------



Agree. This is why its rumored they are coming out with the barracuda. Lighter with same power. Will be a nasty car if so.
if they actually come out with barracuda as they keep hinting towards i will def get one thats for sure it will be mean.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #88
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

if they actually come out with barracuda as they keep hinting towards i will def get one thats for sure it will be mean.
If they do it will be nasty for sure.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDuhl6

Go buy a dodge lol
If I wanted one I would have bought one. I'm just stating facts. Sadly a lot of people on here have their heads up Fords butt. I'm a realist. I'm not gonna get on here and serve up the Ford kool aid just because I have a 2012 5.0. If more people were like that it would force every car manufacturer to make a better product. Ford doesn't care if people kiss their butt. They just want your money. Their is no loyalty. Or else they wouldn't be putting mt82s in cars when they know people want the tremec.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Thx for the pics and proving my point. The seats are the only thing that is nicer on the interior on the challenger over the mustang.
Even that Charger dash looks better. What's so extraordinary about the mustangs dash? It looks fine to me. But it defiantly doesn't make the Challengers dash look ugly.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #90
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

If I wanted one I would have bought one. I'm just stating facts. Sadly a lot of people on here have their heads up Fords butt. I'm a realist. I'm not gonna get on here and serve up the Ford kool aid just because I have a 2012 5.0. If more people were like that it would force every car manufacturer to make a better product. Ford doesn't care if people kiss their butt. They just want your money. Their is no loyalty. Or else they wouldn't be putting mt82s in cars when they know people want the tremec.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------



Even that Charger dash looks better. What's so extraordinary about the mustangs dash? It looks fine to me. But it defiantly doesn't make the Challengers dash look ugly.
^this.

I love my fords but I'm not delusional
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #91
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

If I wanted one I would have bought one. I'm just stating facts. Sadly a lot of people on here have their heads up Fords butt. I'm a realist. I'm not gonna get on here and serve up the Ford kool aid just because I have a 2012 5.0. If more people were like that it would force every car manufacturer to make a better product. Ford doesn't care if people kiss their butt. They just want your money. Their is no loyalty. Or else they wouldn't be putting mt82s in cars when they know people want the tremec.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------



Even that Charger dash looks better. What's so extraordinary about the mustangs dash? It looks fine to me. But it defiantly doesn't make the Challengers dash look ugly.
Word...
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #92
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Screw both since need a family car and get this..cts-v.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120618_081932.png
Views:	131
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	55271
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

27k for a fully loaded new 5.0? I would have to be there to believe it. Navigation/sync/leather/brembo/cs/glass roof/etc. Not going to happen.

And your not paying for the power alone. The Challenger has more room, nicer interior, quieter ride, more luxury ride.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------



Agree. This is why its rumored they are coming out with the barracuda. Lighter with same power. Will be a nasty car if so.
For everything except the glass roof. Didnt get the cs its a waste of money especially for the fale hood scoop. And yes as I've explained before I got a good deal on it because it was in November and they had to get it off the lot for winter or else they wouldn't be able to sell it til around summer. Sticker tag was 38. The salesman at the dealer my family has been dealing with him for 25 years and the last mustang I had was used and a pos that he sold me and didn't tell me about some things that happened to it so he made up for it on the new one.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

More people just worry about straight line acceleration then how fast they can go go around a road course. Honestly if I was buying for a road course I would buy a evo. Awd, Turbo perfect.
Or a ecoboost fiesta that rapes the Evo like ken blocks.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #94
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Screw both since need a family car and get this..cts-v.
I would never spend 80 grand on a family car! Which is how much a v costs in Canada.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

For everything except the glass roof. Didnt get the cs its a waste of money especially for the fale hood scoop. And yes as I've explained before I got a good deal on it because it was in November and they had to get it off the lot for winter or else they wouldn't be able to sell it til around summer. Sticker tag was 38. The salesman at the dealer my family has been dealing with him for 25 years and the last mustang I had was used and a pos that he sold me and didn't tell me about some things that happened to it so he made up for it on the new one.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------



Or a ecoboost fiesta that rapes the Evo like ken blocks.
Hate to tell ya but there is not much fiesta left in his race car.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
CPERR2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 92
Both are great muscle cars. We all win! However, If I owned my 5.0 outright (which I dont), I would run pinks against a bone stock SRT8, 6.4, 392, or whatever you want to call it. With 294 RWHP and a 4:10 gear I was out running in my 06 GT. they were trapping around 110 me only 105. They were in my rear view to a 1000 ft. Don't know what it is, but the power to weight on the Challenger won't touch a 5.0.
CPERR2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #96
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

I would never spend 80 grand on a family car! Which is how much a v costs in Canada.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------



Hate to tell ya but there is not much fiesta left in his race car.
The cts-v is a bad *** car. It will cost you 70k here in the states.

And ya the fiesta that Ken block has isn't even a fiesta anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPERR2013
Both are great muscle cars. We all win! However, If I owned my 5.0 outright (which I dont), I would run pinks against a bone stock SRT8, 6.4, 392, or whatever you want to call it. With 294 RWHP and a 4:10 gear I was out running in my 06 GT. they were trapping around 110 me only 105. They were in my rear view to a 1000 ft. Don't know what it is, but the power to weight on the Challenger won't touch a 5.0.
Cool story bro!
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPERR2013
Both are great muscle cars. We all win! However, If I owned my 5.0 outright (which I dont), I would run pinks against a bone stock SRT8, 6.4, 392, or whatever you want to call it. With 294 RWHP and a 4:10 gear I was out running in my 06 GT. they were trapping around 110 me only 105. They were in my rear view to a 1000 ft. Don't know what it is, but the power to weight on the Challenger won't touch a 5.0.
While we're telling stories I outran a 2012 5.0 in my wife's Camry. I think the 5% tint all the way around on her car gave me the advantage.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #98
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

While we're telling stories I outran a 2012 5.0 in my wife's Camry. I think the 5% tint all the way around on her car gave me the advantage.
I just spanked a Porsche gt3 in the wife's juke.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I just spanked a Porsche gt3 in the wife's juke.
Never underestimate a camry or juke.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #100
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Camry/juke because race car.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Camry/juke because race car.
ROFL!!
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
The Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: New York
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I just spanked a Porsche gt3 in the wife's juke.
Lmao hahahah
__________________
American Muscle forever!
i bleed Race fuel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FjllgR5-Y
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #103
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Back on topic please.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
CPERR2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 92
Again. Why are their people on a MUSTANG forum touting the merits of Evos and Challengers? Go find another forum and take down your profile pics of MUSTANGS! A 2011 MUSTANG GT (with track pack) gave a $70,000 BMW M3 (standard of road course cars) all it wanted. Check Car & Driver. What is "real world"? In my real world all Challengers including the SRT8/ 392 are fat pigs that show big HP numbers and then show up in my rear view at the strip. FYI, my 2013 with cloth, spoiler delete and Brembos (not track pack) which also give you 19" and 255 Eagle F1s stickered for $34,000. I paid $30,000 out the door! Best value there is. 420 HP and Brembos!
CPERR2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPERR2013
Again. Why are their people on a MUSTANG forum touting the merits of Evos and Challengers? Go find another forum and take down your profile pics of MUSTANGS! A 2011 MUSTANG GT (with track pack) gave a $70,000 BMW M3 (standard of road course cars) all it wanted. Check Car & Driver. What is "real world"? In my real world all Challengers including the SRT8/ 392 are fat pigs that show big HP numbers and then show up in my rear view at the strip. FYI, my 2013 with cloth, spoiler delete and Brembos (not track pack) which also give you 19" and 255 Eagle F1s stickered for $34,000. I paid $30,000 out the door! Best value there is. 420 HP and Brembos!
Who said the mustang wasn't the best value out there? Fact is no stock 06 Gt is quicker than a 392 or one with 294rwhp and 4.10s. If you "raced" one on the street and beat it. It was because he wasn't racing with you or the driver was beyond horrible. It's just common sense that the 06 is slower. The truth is the truth. People compare other cars on here to see how the mustang stacks up against real world competition.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.