Suggestions on items - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Suggestions on items

Thinking about 3 items that I need help choosing.
Whether to get stripes on my car? If yes what color goes with black and what kinda Stripes (single(cobra) Double, Boss 302).
Which exhaust to get? Roush vs Borla vs Flowmaster. I didn't do much research on Flowmaster, but my cousin (Camaro owner) suggested it to me and I'm still haven't decided on a roush or borla which I heard great reviews both on.
What kind of side scoops I should get, windows and body side scoops.

Any suggestions would be great!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Suggestions on items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50 View Post
Whether to get stripes on my car? If yes what color goes with black and what kinda Stripes (single(cobra) Double, Boss 302).
Which exhaust to get? Roush vs Borla vs Flowmaster. I didn't do much research on Flowmaster, but my cousin (Camaro owner) suggested it to me and I'm still haven't decided on a roush or borla which I heard great reviews both on.

I don't have much to say about 1 and 3, but as far as exhaust goes it's all personal preference. I will say that the Flowmasters have a nickname in the stang community as "Dronemasters" for a reason, so if that bothers you then look elsewhere. Neither the Roush or Borla exhausts drone, and this has been confirmed by many.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Thrush mufflers

Wait a second....I don't have a gt -_-
236mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

1. The lovely thing about Black is that ANY color stripes look good on it. I love silver stripes on black, but my stripe guy says anything metallic will "burn out" in about 3 years and will have to be redone. Red on black has been done to death. I like white, blue, or charcoal gray personally.

2. Someone on here has a video posted with the Roush, before and after... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sound. So go with that.

3. No preference.. I don't like either one.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50

1. Stripes always look nice, single or double Shelby style is really up to you. If you go double make sure that they are not too thin. Many shops think that stripes that go on a tuner are the same size as the ones that go on a Stang. This is wrong and it looks bad. Make sure they are the proper width. My strips on my red Stang were the right size. As far as color, I am going to get a strip that matches my interior, but then again it's red lol red looks good on black , but to be honest most colors look good on black. Then you have to chose, matte or glossy. Also do u want a metallic color? It's all a very personal thing. Ultimately your car is a reflection of your personality.

2. Borla

3, no idea lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
As far as exhaust goes I can't see spending what Borla wants for their exhaust. So of those mentioned I'd go with Flowmaster Outlaws. Sound similar to Roush but deeper and do not get raspy in the upper Rpms. I have muffler deletes. On window scoops I say cervani or AM Eleanor scoops.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
RSW
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2. Had my Roush for two days now and love it... No drone, and I like the raspy. Def sounds like a muscle car now, turns some heads and sets off a few car alarms in the office garage

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Roush before and after.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Sorry try this link... Should work.
RSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I also have a black stang and im itching for shelby white stripes.... I love my roushes they are excellent and sound amazing, always turn heads and great price. And i think the side scoops eleanors look wicked or side window louver
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT