Autocross - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Autocross

Not sure why I waited to make this thread but here it goes. Took my pony to a local autocross at an airport. Porsche paved a nice track and now local clubs are running events. I did one in march put on by porsche 2 weeks ago I did one put on by corvette club. My dad and I took 1 and 2 for cars not on slicks or R compound tires. He has a 09 m3 and I only lost to him by 0.4sec. I would have beat him but I clipped a cone on my fastest lap. Here is what would have been a m3 beating lap. What do y'all think?
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Autocross

GREAT job, you will kick his a... later great job! Did you give all details about your stang? this is what I love, not drag racing and drifting is not a SPORT. I'm about corners and I find everyone spending all their $ on HP gains into max HP; where are they you going to use it? Bennettstang
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettstang
GREAT job, you will kick his a... later great job! Did you give all details about your stang? this is what I love, not drag racing and drifting is not a SPORT. I'm about corners and I find everyone spending all their $ on HP gains into max HP; where are they you going to use it? Bennettstang
A little of both. If you look at my garage on my profile I go into detail. I have a tune, exhaust, k&n air filter, full eibach suspension and a Barton shifter bracket. Rest of mods are cosmetic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

On a 2013 mt82 do you think the Barton is still worth the investment. Are should I see if Ford has addressed al the issues?
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettstang View Post
On a 2013 mt82 do you think the Barton is still worth the investment. Are should I see if Ford has addressed al the issues?
to be perfectly honest, best 80 bucks ever spent. I use to have issues slamming into third when really getting on it. Now, not only is 1-2 shift crisper, the 2-3 shift is so much more solid. havent missed a shift in a year. The 2013 probably has the same stock bracket my 2011 had. it is a flimsy piece of crap that needs to be done away with.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT