Short Throw Shifter - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Re: Short Throw Shifter

MGW...I think I paid a total of 411 for everything shipped. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but usually they are making them in bulk and typically folks have been on a waiting list about 8 months ago I was on the waiting list to get mine. Might be the reason for them being a little cheaper. I did not get the jam nut or knob.

~ Alan Mustang Livin' and
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #37
Road Trip!
Region: Canada
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Because the exhaust runs along the same channel as the driveshaft, any time there is less material to dampen sound and it is taken away, there will be more sound
The sound comes from the very solid mgw shifter with very solid parts not from removing material. The mgw actually adds material to dampen the sound. Any time you add solid parts and solid bushings you will increase noise. Just like a adding suspension parts adds noise.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Originally Posted by michael81
I do not have the heat shield and can not feel any heat exchange, but this is a little more noise over stock but mostly at start up.
Mine gets louder the longer I's quiet for the first 20mins or so.

2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Even though mine is for the tremek 3650, I have found the MGW to be the most quality feeling short shifter for my car that I've tried. I compared the Hurst, pro 5.0. and the MGW, and in my opinion and all of my friends, the MGW is by far the most precise/solid feeling shifter.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I wrote up and install procedure on this site for the Mgw installation. Complete with photos but just search Mgw shirt throw installation and u should find it. Takes about three hours to fully install. There is a video on you tube for installation of the shifter as well. The kit comes with all parts and lubrications required including lock tight. I have the heat shield and for an extra ten bucks might as well pull the trigger. Once again it is easy to install. I have almost no noise coming through the shifter, no vibrations in the shifter and absolutely no heat through the shift knob. You will love this shifter and will no doubt be one of your favorite mods. These guys also make gun parts and like the gun parts their shifters have very small tolerances. They actually scrapped two previous shifters they. Ever brought out because it wasn't up to their standard. have any questions about the Mgw specifically send me a pm

Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT