Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2013 GT already in the Shop

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  coyote414 
#1 ·
So, I installed my lower control arms last week, after I had them installed I went to a local mechanic jut to have him torque the bolts down. As he was under there, I noticed some oil leaking from the differential, so I had to take it to Ford today. I don't know what the problem is, maybe the pinion seal, I don't know. But whatever it is, it shouldn't be having any issues with 3000 miles on it.

#3 ·
This is "normal" under spirited driving ... I believe there is a TSB out where, if this is excessive, Ford will install a "turkey-baster" style bulb to capture the overflow, but the 11/12/13s will "bleed" a little fluid from the diff when you drive the car hard.

#4 ·
The turkey baster is intended for 2010, on the 11' and 12' it's too close to the exhaust and melts the baster SOME have reported, but jlt is working on some kind of "storage" device better than the turkey baster, it may be available already not sure... Mine has been leaking as well, very common... The fluid just expands under higher loads/speeds and than retracts when it cools down, I wish they had a dipstick to check the level of this :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.