Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Loudest/Aggressive Axle Back

19K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  Bladezx 
#1 ·
What is the loudest my aggressive axle back for a 13' GT? I would still like it to be tamed and able to hold and conversation in the cab. Also quiet it down enough for the cops, if I need to ;) But something were when I hammer the throttle, everyone is going to know for the next 2 miles. Any and all suggestions.

#3 ·
JPC Axle back

#10 ·
tgmeyer said:
How are they raspy? Is there drone in the outlaws? and what are "cats" exactly? Ive heard if you remove them, your car becomes significantly louder!
Outlaws?? Absolutely there is drone!! Cats are catalytic converters, and yes they will make your car wayyyyyy louder without them, make sure you can pass any necessary emissions tests though. Raspy, like NASCAR, the traditional muscle car is more of a deep rumbling sound

#13 ·
I haven't heard much of a drone in mine it's catless with Stainless works exhaust. And who cares if it drones.... Not this guy. Now I do have an old 86 chevy truck that has headers and series 40 flow masters that turn downs before the axle. When you step in my truck there is no conversations. Older vehicles lack sound dreading materials unlike this car.

#15 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Can't speak directly for the outlaws but my hushpowers had a little drone.... But the when I took off cats it was completely unbearable
Lol I have the same.. Doesn't bother me TOO bad but thats only bc I've had 3 diff sets of flowmasters on three diff vehicles all w no cats.. Had 40 series flows w dual 3in turndowns on each muffler w no cats on my 04 GT. That was just ridiculous! Lol

#17 ·
11stangGT said:
Lol I have the same.. Doesn't bother me TOO bad but thats only bc I've had 3 diff sets of flowmasters on three diff vehicles all w no cats.. Had 40 series flows w dual 3in turndowns on each muffler w no cats on my 04 GT. That was just ridiculous! Lol
I had the hushpowers... I've had the GT500's now for a whole and there is zero drone at any rpm or speed and it sounds better

#19 ·
I have magnaflpw competition part# 15594. Axle bac!! Bad ass!! EVERYONE who hears them think there bad ass! Just what your looking for!! Little from except around 2000RPM! When You get on it... People hear it! Cruising the high way .. A nice low rumble!!! I had Roush axle back before... I like the magnaflpw alot better!!!

#22 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I had the hushpowers... I've had the GT500's now for a whole and there is zero drone at any rpm or speed and it sounds better
And o/r x? If so was it really that much quieter than the hushpowers? Not talking about the drone.. Outside sound.. That's what I plan on doing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.