Dealership story. Must read! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Dealership story. Must read!

So I purchased a blue 2010 mustang gt. as with any purchase I asked for the carfax, it appeared clean. Bought the car and have been driving it for a few weeks, nothing out of the ordinary happened. Well the other day I heard this crazy sound from under the car, got out, looked around, tranny wasn't even bolted in. Then I see the oil pan is bent to hell and a hole was plugged with JB weld! Then, here's the good part, after getting pissed I look up, and I be **** if the frame, the ****in frame is WELDED together. In my fury I went to the dealer raising hell. Turns out, they FAKED the carfax!!!!! FAKED IT!!!! They got a clean carfax, and I guess scanned it then copied the VIN to it. After breaking a vase, and a telephone because they said they weren't going to do anything about it, I got the option to either get a new stang or my down payment back. I took the money and bought another 2010. Has anyone ever seen this happen?! It's crazy! They almost robbed me of 24k.
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Here she is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2982466156.png
Views:	198
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	55368  
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wow lol
stangdude512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That's jacked up! Where was this??
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Wow, I've seen some shady dealers. Never that bad have I heard one getting screwed. Luckily you were able to get out of it. Not sure in other states, but in il, banks will not finance vehicles whit frame damage or alterations.
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I had this happen once but I pretty much got the shaft. I didn't find out till 2 1/2 years later that my frame was bent. Done the same thing as you I asked for a car fax and it came up clean. When I went to find another vehicle 2 1/2 years later the dealer was only going to give me 7500 on my truck when I owed 14000. And my truck was in mint condition the kkb was 13400. I flipped out. I bit the bullet on that one till I got a good trade in. Went upside down 3g's but I got my 5.0 😄
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by black9D5
Here she is
Op, do you have any pic's of the 2010's frame damage? That's ****ed up what happened! I'd like to see how bad it was.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
That's pretty d*** crazy! I've never had anything that bad happen, just goes to show how crooked some people are. I'm sure I would've had a similar reaction in that situation.

I once had a dealer sell me a car that wasn for sale because it was sold to someone else haha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Dealership story. Must read!

Holy Crap BATMAN! That is one sleezy business. REPORT THEM TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU immediately and file/lodge a complaint. This is one business that should be shut down. I've heard of shady things but only through stories and never an actual buyer. No matter what country you are in, there's always someone trying to make a fast buck.

I know after Katrina, they were selling cars after they drained all the water in them. FLOODED cars! Ridiculous. Sounds as if your car was in an off-road race and didn't make it far. Should've made it to the junk yard. What's to prevent those bastards from turning around and selling it to another customer?
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
Holy Crap BATMAN! That is one sleezy business. REPORT THEM TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU immediately and file/lodge a complaint. This is one business that should be shut down. I've heard of shady things but only through stories and never an actual buyer. No matter what country you are in, there's always someone trying to make a fast buck.

I know after Katrina, they were selling cars after they drained all the water in them. FLOODED cars! Ridiculous. Sounds as if your car was in an off-road race and didn't make it far. Should've made it to the junk yard. What's to prevent those bastards from turning around and selling it to another customer?
Better yet report them to the office of consumer affairs, and to the secretary of state, the BBB can't do much. But they should have license revoked. Have you run your own Carfax report?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
That's ridiculous. Some people need a good *** whooping. But it would prolly be better just to repot them.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Here she is
This your new replacement?

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY

+1 need to be shutdown!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Should've called a good lawyer!!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've bought and sold a lot of cars over the years and the way I handle this is by paying for and receiving my facts independent of the dealer. I won't trust a dealer to tell it straight, I do my own independent fact checking and mechanical inspection! If the dealer doesn't like it, I walk... PS-I'm glad you got some resolution...
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
One time my dad consigned a '95 corvette through a dealer, and the dealer drove it 400 miles to the beach and absulutly trashed it. Needless to say, that dealer wasn't in business much longer.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
In no way would I have got another car from them. They would have given me my money back and I'd of went elsewhere. And filed a complaint with every organization known to man.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
So I purchased a blue 2010 mustang gt. as with any purchase I asked for the carfax, it appeared clean. Bought the car and have been driving it for a few weeks, nothing out of the ordinary happened. Well the other day I heard this crazy sound from under the car, got out, looked around, tranny wasn't even bolted in. Then I see the oil pan is bent to hell and a hole was plugged with JB weld! Then, here's the good part, after getting pissed I look up, and I be **** if the frame, the ****in frame is WELDED together. In my fury I went to the dealer raising hell. Turns out, they FAKED the carfax!!!!! FAKED IT!!!! They got a clean carfax, and I guess scanned it then copied the VIN to it. After breaking a vase, and a telephone because they said they weren't going to do anything about it, I got the option to either get a new stang or my down payment back. I took the money and bought another 2010. Has anyone ever seen this happen?! It's crazy! They almost robbed me of 24k.
Omg what dealership, where is this? That's ridiculous!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
If it is a Ford Franchise report them to Ford as well. I'm sure that violates their agreement. Where is this out of curiosity??
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
If it is a Ford Franchise report them to Ford as well. I'm sure that violates their agreement. Where is this out of curiosity??
No doubt and get a lawyer.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If they resolved the issues then whatever, I had a pretty crappy deal myself last year when I got my 5.0 I talked to lawyers and BBB sent the dealer the claim... but the dealer finally took the car back and gave me another new one and I just let it go... just happy I got another one
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
That is just ridiculous! I'm pretty sure you could press some sort of lawsuit if you wished. But that is as low as it gets!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Turn their a$$ in ..
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

did you get pics of the vase and phone?? lol

But in all seriousness thats crazy!!!!

Im a dealer and never heard of anything like that! thats crazy! Report them asap!!!!!
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
BBB is a joke. The said business can pay for one of those stupid stickers on their door and nothing will show if you try to look them up. That's why that "Angie's List" is so popular. I know a few people who have had great success there.n Also, you may want to see if there is a way to report to the state police/DMV, or the like for that!
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT