Future Upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
JLT blows IMO.. I have steeda.. Steeda and airaid are proven to be best..

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I plan on getting rid of my hushpower mufflers for some gt500s.. Then save towards some headers.. Possibly sell my wheels in favor of a set of staggered black boss ls wheels.. Wanna do a full suspension kit (already lowered and lcas) by then maybe it'll be payed off and I can put that monthly payment towards saving for a s/c.. One day lol
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
IMO the only CAI that stands out truly to be better is steeda. I have JLT and like it well enough. There isn't a big HP difference when talking about cold air they all do about the same difference. JLT is good bang for the buck. If you want the best an price is no option id go with steeda though. There stuff is just better
T_math_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
JLT is garbage CAI, no need for h pipe... Go catless or go x pipe, or both... Another h pipe will do next to nothing for you in either power or tone.

Current mods
BBR offroad x
Boss IM
GT500 axlebacks
BBR 91 octane tune
GT500 spoiler
FRPP p springs
Black track pack wheels
275 tires
Saleen grille
GT/CS lower fascia

Next mod will probably b LT's with shorty xpipe

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

JLT is garbage CAI, no need for h pipe... Go catless or go x pipe, or both... Another h pipe will do next to nothing for you in either power or tone.

Current mods
BBR offroad x
Boss IM
GT500 axlebacks
BBR 91 octane tune
GT500 spoiler
FRPP p springs
Black track pack wheels
275 tires
Saleen grille
GT/CS lower fascia

Next mod will probably b LT's with shorty xpipe
It's garbage in your opinion. There's not to many differences in different CAI
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_math_6

I have seen data of the airflow signals into the MAF using the JLT intake and it is inconsistent. It creates different amounts of power through the rpm range due to inconsistent airflow causing shift points and power at any given rpm to be different from one trip through the rev range through the next.

It's inconsistent. Period. Only CAI to have proven poor airflow characteristics. Use any of the others, even stock airbox is better than JLT. CAI adds minimal power in the 11+ anyways

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_math_6

Not trying to talk smack about the things you own, just giving the op a heads up about low quality products

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:

I have seen data of the airflow signals into the MAF using the JLT intake and it is inconsistent. It creates different amounts of power through the rpm range due to inconsistent airflow causing shift points and power at any given rpm to be different from one trip through the rev range through the next.

It's inconsistent. Period. Only CAI to have proven poor airflow characteristics. Use any of the others, even stock airbox is better than JLT. CAI adds minimal power in the 11+ anyways

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Not trying to talk smack about the things you own, just giving the op a heads up about low quality products
You must looked at the links I posted...lol
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

You must looked at the links I posted...lol
Haha I do! Cannot deny facts

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I understand man. I didn't take it to heart. I bought the car with JLT on it. I would have went with steeda myself but I haven't had any problems with JLT so far.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Nope nope, my JLT is flawless through out the rpm range through every gear, back to back dyno back dynos pretty much overlap each other between jlt, steeda, and airaid, I do get that these readings are not directly related to power... But only 1 guy has an issue with it that I've seen, everybody else has simply read his thread and freaks out. I can be wrong, if so, take it easy im very sensitive
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote414
Nope nope, my JLT is flawless through out the rpm range through every gear, back to back dyno back dynos pretty much overlap each other between jlt, steeda, and airaid, I do get that these readings are not directly related to power... But only 1 guy has an issue with it that I've seen, everybody else has simply read his thread and freaks out. I can be wrong, if so, take it easy im very sensitive
He's not the only one to report problems like that

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My jlt is perfect
Old 06-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Defend it all you want, facts are facts

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Steeda FTW! I can't wait to get home! I'll be installing my Boss IM and Steeda CAI and 93R tune.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Steeds is good! Fit and finish is amazing too!!

Primer, do you have a baseline dyno?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Future Upgrades

My JLT has been flawless as well, and my dyno tuner agrees with this- it also needed no modification when I installed the Boss 302 Intake.
As far as exhaust go, I am all over the LT headers, off-road x-pipe direction.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Haha I do! Cannot deny facts
Read about that in other forums too
Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski
My JLT has been flawless as well, and my dyno tuner agrees with this- it also needed no modification when I installed the Boss 302 Intake.
As far as exhaust go, I am all over the LT headers, off-road x-pipe direction.
Not saying they do not work, just has more turbulent airflow characteristics than other CAI's do and makes it less consistent. Not saying you have to buy another one to replace your JLT... Like I said it works, just proven to not work as well as other brands.

Your money your car so mod as you wish. Most people would agree though that they want the most bang for the buck and best performing stuff so I am spreading my facts and knowledge

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Not to stir the pot or anything but jlt isn't complete crap. For a positive displacement sc you can't beat the 123mm air intake that turns a 624 hp to the flywheel kit into a 700 hp to the flywheel.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
Not to stir the pot or anything but jlt isn't complete crap. For a positive displacement sc you can't beat the 123mm air intake that turns a 624 hp to the flywheel kit into a 700 hp to the flywheel.
Fair enough but it is a different intake for the n/a applications... In general JLT is pretty good, just not in the 11+ n/a 5.0's

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Defend it all you want, facts are facts
What are the facts? A graph showing a different air movement that doesn't affect performance? If a link exists showing more than a different air reading than I'd like to see it.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

What are the facts? A graph showing a different air movement that doesn't affect performance? If a link exists showing more than a different air reading than I'd like to see it.
The facts are that the tester found it hard to pin down shift points on the strip due to inconsistent airflow causing a jump or a decrease in power. It did affect performance because he would constantly have to shift at different rpms.

What world are you living in that different airflow would not affect power? Less airflow means running rich and more airflow means running lean. Now if his MAF was reading inconsistently, regardless of the airflow, his computer is also adjusting fuel flow.

Any way you slice it this intake is throwing off power levels especially in the high rpm range

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/ste...i-test-186907/

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/cai...uality-185310/

Real world testing. He also went fastest on stock air box. That proves cold air are a waste of money. His car runs super strong being best of 10.9 n/a. He also.does own tuning. He has software only a few others have like lund. He also tuned the fastest bolt on auto 5.0 in the world. Guy knows what he doing. Oh he tuned my manual car as well.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Thanks, can't find or post link from phone

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Thanks, can't find or post link from phone
Np
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Steeda FTW! I can't wait to get home! I'll be installing my Boss IM and Steeda CAI and 93R tune.
Did you get done with the install yet?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/ste...i-test-186907/

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/cai...uality-185310/

Real world testing. He also went fastest on stock air box. That proves cold air are a waste of money. His car runs super strong being best of 10.9 n/a. He also.does own tuning. He has software only a few others have like lund. He also tuned the fastest bolt on auto 5.0 in the world. Guy knows what he doing. Oh he tuned my manual car as well.
Actually all that proves is with his mods a cai didn't make a difference or on his best stock intake pass he had a better 60ft and launch. It is a well known fact that on an otherwise stock car a aftermarket cai makes more power with a tune then a stock car with a tune and stock airbox.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #28
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Actually all that proves is with his mods a cai didn't make a difference or on his best stock intake pass he had a better 60ft and launch. It is a well known fact that on an otherwise stock car a aftermarket cai makes more power with a tune then a stock car with a tune and stock airbox.
More airflow is more airflow. If anything it would make an even bigger difference with a CAI because if he is drawing more fuel into the motor then he would also need to be drawin more air in, otherwise it would choke off his air supply and he would be running rich.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #29
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Steeds is good! Fit and finish is amazing too!!

Primer, do you have a baseline dyno?
Nah, I haven't had a baseline dyno done. I'm not sure if I'll ever have my car on a dyno. I don't really care what kind of numbers my car is making or who is faster. I just like to do cool mods. That's another reason why I keep up with these forums. You guys try it out and once I see the outcome, I might do my version of the mod. Y'all are like my Ginny pigs. lol.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Read what others wrote also. More then him tested. All same results. Cai did Jack. Testing on a dyno is flawed as you test with Hood open. I've explained this before. But you are to dense to understand this.

He is a full bolt on boss engine auto car. A real boss engine with the regular 5.0 pulled sitting in the garage. If cold air was going to help anyone it would be his car.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Read what others wrote also. More then him tested. All same results. Cai did Jack. Testing on a dyno is flawed as you test with Hood open. I've explained this before. But you are to dense to understand this.

He is a full bolt on boss engine auto car. A real boss engine with the regular 5.0 pulled sitting in the garage. If cold air was going to help anyone it would be his car.
Typically 10hp doesn't yield notable track gains anyway, we can call it a cosmetic mod or a dyno mod and it will still be worth the 3xx bucks.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:

The only one that is dense it the one who only cares about the drag strip and 1/4 mile times. Unless you can launch and shift the same everytime and under the same conditions with the same track prep your Internet 1/4 mile info is flawed. There is more to how a cai works than being faster on a drag strip. It is proven over and over again that a cai on any car makes more power PLAIN AND SIMPLE. But making a bit more power with a cai doesn't guarantee a faster 1/4 mile time. If you know anything about how a engine works you would know that adding a bit more air into the engine means more power.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Just looked on American muscle on the steeds CIA they claim it gives up to 44 hp I dont believe that at all
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
Just looked on American muscle on the steeds CIA they claim it gives up to 44 hp I dont believe that at all
The tune that you use with it gives you most of that.. Has to have a tune..
Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #35
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

+1^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT