Coyote question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Coyote question

Any one blow one up yet? If yes, what happen and how?
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Several have blew up. Bad tunes, bad gas, stock ones. To much boost. You name it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: Coyote question

Jam it into 2nd gear @ 120 and let us know.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Kerpluiee! Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
S197 has a guy making a whole thread about his blown motor, what the inside looks like and what he plans to do to rebuild

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

His seemed to be a mixture of high altitude combine with a tune that locked his tivct to always burn a certain octane gas but would not adjust timing with altitude and temp

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Makes me glad I live near sea level.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Makes me glad I live near sea level.
That's the issue... He lives in lower altitudes and he went through mountains

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
That's why unless your sticking to the same consistent area you don't want to go with an aggressive 13:1 a/f ratio. With that set up you need to have conditions be absolutely consistent every time. I am running 12:1 and sometimes 11:1 at wot. The base tune I got from Jon Lund actually allowed for changes in octane and barometric pressure which probably would have saved that guys motor because it allows the ecu to adjust timing

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Jam it into 2nd gear @ 120 and let us know.
lmao please put that on youtube who ever tires that i need a good laugh
lethal performance o/r x pipe
BAMA sct tuner
35% tint all the way round
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
That's why unless your sticking to the same consistent area you don't want to go with an aggressive 13:1 a/f ratio. With that set up you need to have conditions be absolutely consistent every time. I am running 12:1 and sometimes 11:1 at wot. The base tune I got from Jon Lund actually allowed for changes in octane and barometric pressure which probably would have saved that guys motor because it allows the ecu to adjust timing
He was running a BBR tune. Enough said.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Bbr?
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Blow By Racing, a Texas tuner

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I'm using them and have been for over 20k. I believe they are fine and have been good to me, wnt2gofst does not like them for some reason, must have been somehow wronged in the past.

Either way I think they're pretty good

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I'm using them and have been for over 20k. I believe they are fine and have been good to me, wnt2gofst does not like them for some reason, must have been somehow wronged in the past.

Hmmmm wnt2gofst why don't you like them?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

isnt bbr out of florida?
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Hmmmm wnt2gofst why don't you like them?
Where to start.

1. Got tune for my bolt on manual. Car wouldn't run right. Idle jumped all over. Would die after a pass at track or when come to a stop on the street. They never fixed it

2. Ordered Hood from them. After a month of not shipping or no email I called. They said processed wrong would fix. Then again 3 weeks later nothing. Call again. Now they out of order and they getting more made. Will ship in a week. Again 3 weeks no Hood. I call again they say will have Friday. Its Tuesday. Friday comes no Hood. So I call to cancellation now they have another issue. Since it took them over 3 months to ship they say shipping cost went up $150 and I need to pay. I laughed and said no not my fault they didn't ship when ordered. Cancel it was what I said. They said can't cause it shipped. But still need me to pay shipping. Again I say no. Huge fight broke out over phone, email, s197, modularfords. I didn't pay shipping as I was in the right.

3. I order blower they see. Offered to make things right and help tune it. My tuner said sure he was new to the 5.0's. So after 8 or so tunes from them. When said would share everything care ran like ****. They said was MAF being maxed. I need maf. So I order. But get maf and same issues. Maf was $600. They then say maf is bad but will not exchange or refund money. My tuner contacted lund and told him issue he had with his tune he built him self. Lund looked at it and fixed maf issue. Using stock maf. I didn't need the $600 PRO-M maf BBR sold me that didn't work nor would refund.

4. They make a lot of claims like building Sean Kelley's engine when in fact MPR built it. Claims of huge power with hellion Turbo kits yet they run a modified kit that isn't a stock kit plus spray it with a 200 shot of nitrous. When called out on it they wine and cry. When the kit has procharger piping, procharger intercooler. They claim it will run xxx at track but have never ran it..LOL..

Need I say more?

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

isnt bbr out of florida?
Yes they are.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

isnt bbr out of florida?
Crap! Yea they are, I buy all of my stuff from LRS which is in Texas and they use BBR for their tunes. I thought they were close to each other lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:

Crap! Yea they are, I buy all of my stuff from LRS which is in Texas and they use BBR for their tunes. I thought they were close to each other lol
What's funny is couple their own employees come to CTPERFORMANCE to get tuned. LRS is 30 min from me.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Im hijacking this thread just to ask...do you think the new 5.0 will be the new bad boy on the streets 5yrs from now like the original 302?...
Sorry I dont know much bout the coyotes,but did they go pushrod?..or still modular?..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
What's funny is couple their own employees come to CTPERFORMANCE to get tuned. LRS is 30 min from me.
Is CTPerformance good? have you used them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Im hijacking this thread just to ask...do you think the new 5.0 will be the new bad boy on the streets 5yrs from now like the original 302?...
Sorry I dont know much bout the coyotes,but did they go pushrod?..or still modular?..
All modular... kinda like a cousin to the 4.6. Not much in common but still much more similar than the pushrod 5.0's. And yes, There is still much room for improvement for the coyote motors as we have all seen from how well they respond to mods. I read somewhere that these blocks were designed to be able to incorporate direct injection in the future, and they could always take more lessons from the roadrunner (Boss 302) motor like forged internals and freer flowing intake. And as we have seen there is plenty more room for additional exhaust flow.

This is all speculation of course

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:

Is CTPerformance good? have you used them?

All modular... kinda like a cousin to the 4.6. Not much in common but still much more similar than the pushrod 5.0's. And yes, There is still much room for improvement for the coyote motors as we have all seen from how well they respond to mods. I read somewhere that these blocks were designed to be able to incorporate direct injection in the future, and they could always take more lessons from the roadrunner (Boss 302) motor like forged internals and freer flowing intake. And as we have seen there is plenty more room for additional exhaust flow.

This is all speculation of course
Ctperformance is who tuned my engine.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

O, you talk so much about Lund I thought that's who you use... do they have a website?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
O, you talk so much about Lund I thought that's who you use... do they have a website?
http://www.ctperformance.net/

He still working on his site. Its his second job. He is a DOD contractor full time. Very well know in my area though. Been tuning/building for about 8 yrs. Should be stopping contract work and shop full time come late this year.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Home Page

He still working on his site. Its his second job. He is a DOD contractor full time. Very well know in my area though. Been tuning/building for about 8 yrs. Should be stopping contract work and shop full time come late this year.
thats exciting! I wish him well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Where to start.

1. Got tune for my bolt on manual. Car wouldn't run right. Idle jumped all over. Would die after a pass at track or when come to a stop on the street. They never fixed it

2. Ordered Hood from them. After a month of not shipping or no email I called. They said processed wrong would fix. Then again 3 weeks later nothing. Call again. Now they out of order and they getting more made. Will ship in a week. Again 3 weeks no Hood. I call again they say will have Friday. Its Tuesday. Friday comes no Hood. So I call to cancellation now they have another issue. Since it took them over 3 months to ship they say shipping cost went up $150 and I need to pay. I laughed and said no not my fault they didn't ship when ordered. Cancel it was what I said. They said can't cause it shipped. But still need me to pay shipping. Again I say no. Huge fight broke out over phone, email, s197, modularfords. I didn't pay shipping as I was in the right.

3. I order blower they see. Offered to make things right and help tune it. My tuner said sure he was new to the 5.0's. So after 8 or so tunes from them. When said would share everything care ran like ****. They said was MAF being maxed. I need maf. So I order. But get maf and same issues. Maf was $600. They then say maf is bad but will not exchange or refund money. My tuner contacted lund and told him issue he had with his tune he built him self. Lund looked at it and fixed maf issue. Using stock maf. I didn't need the $600 PRO-M maf BBR sold me that didn't work nor would refund.

4. They make a lot of claims like building Sean Kelley's engine when in fact MPR built it. Claims of huge power with hellion Turbo kits yet they run a modified kit that isn't a stock kit plus spray it with a 200 shot of nitrous. When called out on it they wine and cry. When the kit has procharger piping, procharger intercooler. They claim it will run xxx at track but have never ran it..LOL..

Need I say more?

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Yes they are.
Wow!!! I am so sorry that's ALOT of bull**** u felt with. Yeah they seem to suck! Lol
Old 06-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Wow!!! I am so sorry that's ALOT of bull**** u felt with. Yeah they seem to suck! Lol
Some looking on S197 shows I'm not the only one..they used to be great but some employees have ruined them in last year
Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I melted a piston ring from my procharger. So rebuilt the motor. Then broke something in the transmission but warranty covered that.

My car was running wayyyy to lean when i raced. I was running meth and the line got pinched and melted by the exhaust so on WOT it wasn't shooting meth in. Reason why the piston rings melted.
king 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT